Baby Shower!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Baby Shower!! Messages in this topic - RSS

aec88976949aec88976949Posts: 2 December 3, 2012
I am planning a baby shower for my sister. I am looking in the Woburn, MA area for an inexpensive hall rental. I am basically just looking for a room to rent for about 40-50 people. All food is going to be made and brought. My sister is the first child to have a baby in my family so we want it to be special but unfortunately do not have a lot of money to spend on a location. upset Help!
aec88976949aec88976949Posts: 2 December 3, 2012
February 24th will be the shower date.
Guest December 3, 2012
For an inexpensive way to mark the occasion, check out Sarah's Seasonings. Custom water bottle wraps, candy wraps etc. www.sarahs-seasonings.com or call them at 352.255.8351
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 344 December 4, 2012
Hi AEC886,

Congratulations to your, your sister and family!!! I do not have a specific venue in mind. As you know, you are in a high cost of living area, being only about 10 miles from Boston. Thus, facilities which have been designed to rent space for events such as major hotels need to make a profit off of their space and may tend to be expensive. Typically, they earn their income by selling food and (especially) beverages as part of their space rental plans.

Since you want to make your own food you might want to think about looking for places which would have suitable space that they would not be using on a Sunday afternoon, but do not depend upon that space rental/food and beverages as a primary source of income. These places might include religious institutions, civic organizations, independent schools, and colleges. Additionally, these places might include small hotels which do not have food service (except possibly a continental breakfast). If you have friends who live in a condominium or apartment complex with a meeting/social room (and/or club house) or have an office with a nice conference room add these places to your list.

Once you form your list, contact the various property owners/managers and ask them if they would be willing to help you out. Hopefully, you will find a nice space.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 December 4, 2012
Locations are hard to come by when you are on a budget. Look into club houses or nicer neighborhoods have nice clubhouses that could be rent for small deposits and/or small charges.
Guest December 4, 2012
Thank you for the responses and advise! It has been very helpful!
sainjawillssainjawillsPosts: 3 December 19, 2012
Really ! its the precious time and must get celebrated as well. God bless you.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: