vendor event Messages in this topic - RSS

vendor event Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest November 11, 2012
I am trying to plan a vendor event in St Louis and have never done it. I have attended numerous ones but not sure if anyone know of an approx cost to host it assuming vendors pay to attend. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
It would be like a girls night out or shopping event
thanks
EventConsultantEventConsultantPosts: 9 November 11, 2012
First of all I would suggest schedule a meeting where youwill be asking the key questions to like : What's your budget? When are youplanning? How many people and who they are(age, executive stuff mix with regppl etc.)What do they expect (what the priority - food, entertainment... arethey planning on the theme etc. - example for the shopping event you can choose"Sex and the City" theme and than search internet on HOW to pull the...theme Party) Most importantly - I would recommend to pay for 1-2 hourconsultation to the experienced event consultant(doesn't have to be in St Louis),but can help a lot with a budget calculations and theme and FUN stuff!) Goodluck Hope it did help.
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 335 November 12, 2012
Hi Guest,

Welcome to the world of planning.

EventConsultant raises some excellent questions. EventConsultant seems to have assumed that you would be working for someone planning their event. If you are planning an event for an organization, the questions posted provide a good starting point. I would add to this list ask/understand:
  • What the purpose of the event is.
  • Whether you will be expected to recruit the vendors or whether the vendors have already signed up.
  • If you are expected to recruit the vendors will the organization give you an established list of vendors to work from or if you need to find them on your own.
  • What is your liability in the event of a personal injury during the event.
  • What is your liability in the event of an event failure due to your possible error or omission.
  • Are you covered under the organizations insurance for injury or any other legal action which may be taken by a customer or vendor against you?
  • What is your liability in the event that you do not get enough vendors, vendors don't pay, etc.
  • Do you need to rent equipment (e.g., tables, chairs, etc.), decorations, etc.
  • Do you need to organize the advertising campaign? Who pays for it (you, the sponsoring organization)?
This is only a partial list, however. Further questions would come up if I knew more about what you were trying to do.

I'm not sure, from reading your posting, that you would be working for some organization. It seemed to me that you were trying to organize the event for yourself. If you are attempting to do the event for yourself, renting space, etc. there would be no one sponsor to meet with and the issues/questions you need to address are somewhat different. If youl'd provide more information, we could be more helpful. The primary recommendation I would provide here is understand your liability (perhaps speak with an attorney in your area) before getting started. You may be assuming a lot of risk (in which case insurance would be recommended). You might also want to partner with a more experienced planner for your first event.

Would you please post a bit more information so that we may be more helpful to you.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment
AweinerwsAweinerwsPosts: 6 December 5, 2012
I would like to give you a small suggestion here. If you are not into planning events, and this vendor event is your first event, then you should seek advice and guidance from an experienced planner, or try to analyze how their mechanism is. That will help you define your plan better.

Another idea that I would like to give you is to use any support feature that helps you in handling and conducting your event. Event apps and softwares can do a lot in that field. And they are beneficial for future use too. Good Luck!
Coach3Coach3Posts: 2 December 11, 2012
Enjoy reading comments & learning as a Mobile Disc Jockey, Thank You. From: Koach DJ / www.koachdj.com /

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: