Wedding planner help Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding planner help Messages in this topic - RSS

JannyJannyPosts: 8 November 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

As we all know wedding planner are one that makes one's wedding fantastic with their wonderful ideas.

So guys, my question is this How to select best wedding planner? What are the things that should be consider before appointing any event planner?

Advices are appreciated..

Thanks in advance.
Janny
mervemervePosts: 1 November 1, 2012
Hi Janny!
I live in turkey. my name is merve. I'm working in BG EVENTS. www.bg-events.org.
I'm a event manager.
How did you ever imagine a wedding. ?
how many people?
where?
what time?
Guest November 1, 2012
You need to click with that person. Good personality. Make sure they know what u want and your budget. Remember you r getting married they are making money!!!
Guest November 1, 2012
There are many things to consider when contracting a wedding planner, including that person's experience and connections within the industry. You will not be overcharged and overpromised and that person will commit to serving your needs as well as recognize the needs of your guests. For instance, there are planners who focus solely on the event, however, there are single-source planners have strategic networks in place and can provide everything from airport pick-ups to housing accommodations for your travelers to venue selection and honeymoon options. Need more help? I'd be happy to discuss this service with you.
Mari - 717.503.5519
Guest November 1, 2012
Experience! How many years has this person worked in the Wedding Industry? What is his/her reputation. Ask for references, pictures, a tenure of professional experience. Most importantly ask about thier educational background. A professional Wedding Consultant should have education in all types of wedding and cultures. A person who has done weddings is just not good enough...they need to be a pro that knows! Most importantly, make sure they are licensed to do business with the City and offer a Business Contract..
Cheers!
The Wedding Workshoppe www.theweddingworkshoppe.com
Guest November 1, 2012
DJ's Photographers and Videographers will know the bridal planners in your area. Talk to them and you will get the scoop.
Guest November 2, 2012
@theweddingworshoppe, just curious on your take of the newbie wedding planner-I'm not a planner but with your post you list experience is key, so just curious on your take of someone breaking in to the industry
Guest November 5, 2012
Hi Jenny, I wish you best wishes for your wedding. Seems like you are looking some thing unique Plan for wedding, I can highly recommend you with Atlanta Limo service. It is one the best services provider in planning coordinating and organizing events such as Wedding for more information please log on to <a href="http://www.allamericanlimoservice.com/">Atlanta Limo service</a>

Thanks,
Atlanta Limo service.
JannyJannyPosts: 8 November 6, 2012
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. All these tips are very helpful.
merve wrote:
Hi Janny!
I live in turkey. my name is merve. I'm working in BG EVENTS. www.bg-events.org.
I'm a event manager.
How did you ever imagine a wedding. ?
how many people?
where?
what time?

Hello marve,
I am planning my wedding next year i.e 2013..
Date, people and venue are not yet decided..
I am thinking to add some favor in my wedding that makes my occasion unique and memorable.
Ya, these are the main things that should be considered.. Thank you so much..
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 November 18, 2012
What to expect from your planner!
• For a day-of package, a planner usually will confirm with vendors, help to create a timeline and handle day of details from start to finish for the day of the event.

• For a consulting package, a planner might recommend venues and vendors, offer advice on colors and style, provide etiquette advice and help the couple stay on track with their planning -- but will not handle legwork and small details. On the wedding day or other event though, the planner will interact with vendors and make sure the day goes smoothly.

• A typical full-service planner(s) help set the style and colors, help find ceremony and reception venues, recommend vendors, accompany the couple to food and cake “tastings” and screen vendor contracts. Some will even send invitations and track RSVPs. On the event day, the planner usually puts in a full day troubleshooting, handling last-minute details and keeping the event on schedule.

• They can assist for all your print design needs. Many are florists and digital off set print designers and can save you hundreds of dollars.

• They have referrals for entertainment, décor, audio/visual vendors, DJ’s and all other facets to make sure your day is a grand success. They can often save you money because of their repeat business with these vendors.

Good luck! Need any advice, feel free to email me at mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com
chris387020chris387020Posts: 17 November 24, 2012
Hi Janny!
Congratulations on your engagement! As a full-time, full-service Wedding Planner, when searching for a Wedding Planner, the Planner should ask YOU a lot of questions. It's YOUR day! Also, the Planner should be able to give you examples of weddings that they've planned by discussing actual wedding situations and by providing pictures and reviews. The Planner should also be able to show you what they offer in writing. Finally, ensure that you have a good feel for the Planner's personality. You'll be talking and meeting regularly, so you two should "click"!

Christie Niq Williams, PBC
Niq Williams Event Management LLC
christie@niqevents.com
www.NIQEVENTS.com
P) 678.525.0940
F) 877.507.5481
Guest January 8, 2013
Jenny, Congratulations on your engagement. In your search for a wedding planner here are a few things you should know. As a Master Bridal Consultant for the Association of Bridal Consultants here is what we recommend. First and foremost once you establish that you would like the services of a wedding planner, interview several planners. Read up on the reviews of the planner. There are many planners that are new and although they need to gain experience in doing weddings, determine if your wedding is a simple wedding that can be handled by someone less experienced or if you need someone with more experience. It all depends as well on your venue and the budget that you are setting. Reputation is everything. Personality is the next thing, someone can have great experience but their personality may not click with yours. This person will be with you all day on your wedding day and working with you for several weeks or even a year, you want to be certain that they fit your personality. If you have any other wedding planning questions feel free to visit the Association of Bridal Consultants for a referral to one in your area or you can contact me to make a referral for you. Here is a list of questions in reference to wedding planners on my website: http://27miraclesbyrosie.com/about/why-hire-planner.php My email is info@27miraclesbyrosie.com
Guest January 8, 2013
You should look at their portfolio to see if their style will work for you. You should investigate how much experience they have, their networking circle (how many contacts/resources they have) and look into any professional training or certification that they have (CWEP - certified wedding event planner is a BIG one or any degree is hospitality management).

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: