Future Brides Messages in this topic - RSS

Future Brides Messages in this topic - RSS

msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 Ashburn, VA October 11, 2012
My Wedding day is 09/14/13, I would like to chat with future brides to share ideas, vent, support, and be there for each other in the hopes that we can get through the waiting, planning, and eventually wedding phase. I would appreciate if vendors would not push their products if they are not future brides; because we need the support of brides going through the same thing. We are on this website and we all know we could at anytime contact you.
Ashburn, VA
Guest October 11, 2012
Hi there! I am hoping our wedding will be on 09/27/13 or 09/28/13. We are having trouble finding somewhere we can afford (absurdly low budget) that will accomodate our absurdly long guest list (more than 100 of it is immediate family. We live in the Bay Area but are looking all over Northern California. Once we find a venue, we will be good and we can focus on the fun stuff. But it would be nice to have other brides to talk with along the way! Good idea! wink
Waterloo, ON
Guest October 11, 2012
I love posting things before I read them and realize I had typos and didn't leave my name. Would you believe I teach English to high school kids for a living? That's what I get for playing during my prep instead of working. wink Jess
bulld958251bulld958251Posts: 1 October 16, 2012
Hi We are hoping to get married 09/2813. So much planning and I havent even beginned. We have our venue picked out but other than that the time is not there.
Hanover, MD
Bride937488Bride937488Posts: 1 October 16, 2012
Wedding Planner? Try a check list, some have breakdowns of what you need to get each month. This helps make things feel not so overwhelming. You have time since your wedding is 11 months away to get couple things done each month just like they suggest. Get a couple of list to see what works best for you. Most websites have them for free. Best of Luck- Wedding Photography LLC West Palm Beach, Florida.
shron929901shron929901Posts: 4 October 17, 2012
Hello,
We are getting married on 05/18//2013. I planned our wedding in three weeks top. The one thing that helped me tremendously was a app for my iPhone, WeddingHappy. It lists everything that has to be done & it gives due dates for each task according to your wedding date. What also helped me was networking. I have a God-brother who is a Dj, so I didn't have to find one on my own and I already had a baker that I previously used for events, so that took care of the cake. My biggest task was finding a affordable Venue and I found it here on Eventective. The Venue handles all the decorations, set up, and the hall, so I had no worries after booking with them. Try signing up with theknot.com, wayfair.com, weddingpartyapp.com, and weddingwire.com. They offer great advice, sends email for different vendors and websites that offer discounts. If you plan to save money by DIY projects, or looking for free invitation offers, try visiting these websites, wrapwithus.com, orientaltrading.com, & partypop.com. I hope this helps relieve some pressure for you all.
JannyJannyPosts: 8 October 18, 2012
My wedding is on 12/Oct/2012. We had only engaged now. not planned anything, but in few weeks we start planning.
Also looking for something unique in our wedding..
tinagradetinagradePosts: 2 October 24, 2012
Hi, my wedding is 04/18/2013. I also have no plan. Headache issue.
Atlanta, GA
mella968283mella968283Posts: 6 November 8, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This post has helped me a lot. I just got engaged and am planning a wedding for 5-18-13...not very much time! shrondapruitt wrote:
Hello,
We are getting married on 05/18//2013. I planned our wedding in three weeks top. The one thing that helped me tremendously was a app for my iPhone, WeddingHappy. It lists everything that has to be done & it gives due dates for each task according to your wedding date. What also helped me was networking. I have a God-brother who is a Dj, so I didn't have to find one on my own and I already had a baker that I previously used for events, so that took care of the cake. My biggest task was finding a affordable Venue and I found it here on Eventective. The Venue handles all the decorations, set up, and the hall, so I had no worries after booking with them. Try signing up with theknot.com, wayfair.com, weddingpartyapp.com, and weddingwire.com. They offer great advice, sends email for different vendors and websites that offer discounts. If you plan to save money by DIY projects, or looking for free invitation offers, try visiting these websites, wrapwithus.com, orientaltrading.com, & partypop.com. I hope this helps relieve some pressure for you all.
Guest November 8, 2012
You're welcome. Glad I was able to be of assistance!! Congratulations!!!
Thanks and Congratulations to you as well...it just hit me we are getting married on the same day! HEEEEEEEEEYYYYY!!! hahaha (great minds!) With the websites you provided, I will be able to save more on decorations and things and use the savings towards my caterer! YESS!!
Navarre, FL
Guest November 8, 2012
Lol.... I noticed that, also. Yes, great minds do think alike, lol.... The websites have saved us so much, we are getting to do St. Lucia for our honeymoon!!! Yaaaayyyy :-)
Sounds AWESOME! I haven't even gotten to the honeymoon yet...don't even have a clue as to where I would want to go. ugggghhhhh!!
Guest November 8, 2012
You still have time. I already had places in mind, so after pricing all of them, St. Lucia had the best offer going right now, plus I got $300 air credit, so that helped me to narrow it down!
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 November 18, 2012
Ladies & Gents: sign up on weddingbee.com - it's free and lots of brides sell their used merchandise for up to 75% off! There are also galleries and diy ideas that are priceless. Hope this helps!
jus_g882715jus_g882715Posts: 12 November 28, 2012
Congratulations to all of you on your upcoming nuptuals. For the bay area brides... If you live closer to the east bay area and are in need of some assistance from an event planner.... I would love to connect with you. Email me at info @jusgorjus.com.
alix.976327alix.976327Posts: 1 December 2, 2012
I am marrying my high school sweetheart on the 14th of September as well. We are having a very laid-back reception at our apartment clubhouse. However, I am finding it difficult to locate a ceremony venue because both of us are non-religious, want something incredibly inexpensive (we are paying $75 for the clubhouse) and are not fans of the outdoors. I am getting married in northern Indiana in September and would love some suggestions (and love to give advice as well)!
jus_g882715jus_g882715Posts: 12 December 2, 2012
Congratulations to both you and your fiance. Since both of you are non religious, check out independant priests or licensed individuals that are certified perform wedding ceremonies...he/she may have knowledge or a have listing of venues to host your wedding. Additionally, check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities. Veteran Halls and Masonic Halls/Lodges are also a consideration as well as non-denominational churches in your area. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing venues.

Hope this Helps!
Helga Stewart
JusGorjus.com

alix.wiggs wrote:
I am marrying my high school sweetheart on the 14th of September as well. We are having a very laid-back reception at our apartment clubhouse. However, I am finding it difficult to locate a ceremony venue because both of us are non-religious, want something incredibly inexpensive (we are paying $75 for the clubhouse) and are not fans of the outdoors. I am getting married in northern Indiana in September and would love some suggestions (and love to give advice as well)!
jus_g882715jus_g882715Posts: 12 December 2, 2012
tinagrade wrote:
Hi, my wedding is 04/18/2013. I also have no plan. Headache issue.

Hello Tina

Congratulations! Although planning a wedding can sometimes be stressful, it should also be one of the most joyous occasions in your life. If you still have plans for your ceremony being held 4/18/2013, time is definitely short. I suggest contacting a professional wedding consultant that will be able to help you get the ball rolling. Even if you aren’t interested in hiring a wedding consultant for full, partial or same day wedding services, you can pay for individualized services or maybe just a startup package. It sounds like you definitely need some help though and speaking with a wedding consultant and answering a series of questions could help you visualize your day which is the first step in making your day a Jus Gorjus one…

Hope everything works out for you!

Helga Stewart
Jus Gorjus
"An Affair to Remember"
Berkeley, CA 94703
(510) 859-7370
www.jusgorjus.com

The link above will provide you with a little incite in regards to Jus Gorjus.
However, the website you will review is one that I created for temporary
purposes while working on the actual website. The new website will
have a more professional appearance which speaks to the name Jus Gorjus
and will be up and running by January 1, 2012 or sooner.
blake976858blake976858Posts: 1 December 3, 2012
I AM MARRY MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART TRYING TO FINED A IN EXPENSIVE PLACE WHERE WE CAN CATER AND BRING ACHOL AND ARE OWN MUSIC IN THE HALL WE ONLY WANT TO RENT A ROOM AND DO ALL THE REST IN NORWALK CT ANY IDEAS IT IS FOR MAY 18th 2013 so need a place asap so we can prepare all other things
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 December 4, 2012
Mary,
It is going to be difficult to find a place that is going to allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol due to the licensing that is involved in food and alcohol. The best places to look are community centers and stand alone banquet halls, that don't have full kitchens are going to be your best bet. However, some places will still require you work with license vendors. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me

Unique SIGnature Events
events@uniquesigevents.com
www.uniquesigevents.com
jus_g882715jus_g882715Posts: 12 December 4, 2012
blakelomba wrote:
I AM MARRY MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART TRYING TO FINED A IN EXPENSIVE PLACE WHERE WE CAN CATER AND BRING ACHOL AND ARE OWN MUSIC IN THE HALL WE ONLY WANT TO RENT A ROOM AND DO ALL THE REST IN NORWALK CT ANY IDEAS IT IS FOR MAY 18th 2013 so need a place asap so we can prepare all other things

Check with your local parks and recreation department. They usually have facilities and recreation centers available to rent. Also check with your local Senior Centers that rent out their facilities or Masonic Halls/Lodges. Lastly, check with your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Visitors and Conventions Bureau for a listing of halls and venues. Most places will require liability insurance which you can get from your insurance company and as for the alcohol you may have to get a permit from your local Alcohol Beverage and Control agency. Hope this helps.

Helga Stewart

JusGorjus.com
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 December 6, 2012
Hello Future Brides,

I have a small issues that I am hoping someone on the blog could help with. I had a wedding planner. I loved the one I had but I know it is hard to support brides of soldiers and it can be frustrating.

Long story short my fiance did not contact me for over 3 months because his camp was attacked. He was severely injured but will make a full recovery he suffered head and leg injuries. This is the second time that I shut down and didnt call her why? because when I dont hear from him I get stressed and withdrawn. One time I didnt hear from him for over a month and this last time I didnt hear from him for over 3 months. After the first time she asked me to at least call her and keep her informed. Well, I did and each time I did she was very short or hostile so I stopped contacting because given what I was dealing with I couldnt handle telling how she was making me feel. I finally got word after not speaking to him since 09/13/12 his camp was attacked 09/14/12 and he was unconscious for 2 months.

I sent her an email expressing what happened and how she made me feel and thanked her for her service and explained that our working relationship is now strained and it would be better if we agree to end it.

I told my fiance that I would rather wait until he comes home and we can find one together because I dont need to deal with any other attitudes or moods given what I deal with daily (him being in Afghainstan).

Do you think I did the right thing?
Guest December 6, 2012
me and my future hubby are looking for something anywhere in New york. We have a low budget and we are into a country theme wedding. we are expecting at lest 250 close family members and maybe 25 friends. most likely only 150 of our families will come. hope someone can help us. we are very young couple i will be turning 20 for our wedding. any info will help us greatly. Thanks... one more thing whats up with these icons XD.Darth Lightsabers
Guest December 6, 2012
msg.gogo1:

Absolutely. It is your day and the people that are helping make your day special need to be supportive and understanding. How did she react when you sent her the "break-up" email?

When you and your fiance are reunited and begin making wedding preparations again, look for someone who makes you feel like a priority and only consider the old planner if she responded in a completely professional and apologetic manner. You deserve to be doted on.

Alix
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 December 7, 2012
Alix,

She has not responded which is a clear sign that I made the right decision. My FI is pissed and said that she has lost out on one of the biggest commission she would have ever been given. Right now, our budget is 71,000 and climbing because with my FI spares no expense. If she was more compassionate during his tour, my FI is such a sweet man that he would have been extra good to her because she was good too me.

I want to welcome you to our future bride blog and thanks for responding to my little issue...If there is anything I can do or say that can help you or you just need to vent please feel to contact me.

We have the same wedding date too.
Hi Jess,

I am sorry for not responding when you initally posted, my FI is in the military and there was some time when I hadnt heard from him and I completely shut down. Congrats on your upcoming wedding if I can help you in any way please feel free to send me a message or post...we need to support each other during this crazy time of planning, getting emotional, and feeling like you are losing your mind...hahahaha

msg.gogo1
This message is to all the future brides who have decided to joint the blog. If I can help anyone with just questions, venting, advice please feel free to send me a message or blog..Congrats to all
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 December 17, 2012
Contact me at mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com I may be able to help you NYC Guest with the darth vader cartoons. You really need to cut down your list to no more than 100 for something on the affordable side.
Guest December 17, 2012
HI MSG.GOGO1....My name is Kenneth Perez, I am a Wedding Planner. I have been in the business for 5 years. I have served many military brides. I am not here to make business with you, but to give you my support. I was in the Military my self and I completely understand you.

Please contact me, maybe a chat will do you good smile

www.AmenityPlanning.org
theperezplanning@gmail.com
609-638-2773 (feel free to text)
Guest April 15, 2013
Hi there! I'm sure all of you are on a budget of some sort. When I was planning my wedding, I was in desperate need of a photographer that was inexpensive yet still was able to capture all the beautiful moments of my wedding day. I found an ad on Craigslist and got connected with Lindsay, who is an amazing photographer. She's young and currently trying to expand her portfolio, so that is why she is charging at such an inexpensive rate. She charged me $600 for full wedding coverage (bridal prep, ceremony, venue, wedding party shots, and reception) and the images were incredible! I definitely recommend her.

Her e-mail address is threemariesphotography@gmail.com! Check her out, she's awesome!!

Lisa Maverick
Guest April 15, 2013
Hello we are Butch and Becky Durgin owners of Meadow Creek Farm of Maine. We are from Sumner Maine and do weddings all over the state of Maine and parts of New Hampshire. We have a pure white princess wedding carriage with red velvet interior. This carriage is used only for weddings and other special events, to keep it in perfect condition. It is pulled by 2 beautiful haflingers weighing about 1000 lbs each. They are a golden color with white mane and tails.
We have been in business doing rides since 1997. If you are looking for elegance and professionalism then you have found the number one horse drawn wedding carriage company in the state of Maine. Our goal is to please and make you princess on your wedding day. Please check us out at www.meadow-creek-farm.com and call Becky at 207 388-2044 or email beckyd@megalink.net. Thank you, Becky Durgin

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: