HELP!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

HELP!!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

chevg940580
chevg940580
Okay so we have set the date and know about what we want. However as any new couple we are on a tight budget. I have no idea where to start when it comes to finding the best deal. We aren't looking for anything fancy and we can decorate ourselves, we don't drink so we need no bar, what we do need is a venue to have a wedding and reception. We would also like to have some ideas on catering, whether it's cheaper to do all the food our selves or how to go about finding a service. So much to do any advice and help would be so appreciated.
chevg940580
chevg940580
Sorry I forgot to mention that I am in Eugene, Oregon
wtkitw
wtkitw
Why not get married out-of-doors, in a public park and then follow it with an informal brunch or dinner at a favorite eatery? You can keep costs way down that way. www.withthiskissitheewed.com
rose1969
rose1969
You can go with just finger foods! and usually if your married in a church you can get the reception room there reasonable. and have relatives friends that help you decorate set the cake table and and you can rent alot of items yourself. No reason a Beautiful has to be a bank buster. if your willing to do a lot of the work yourself. and just have someone help organize it on the wedding day!
EverlastingAffair
EverlastingAffair
If you are planning a late Spring or Summer wedding, check with your Parks Dept. to see if there are any parks with a gazebo in your area. Some even have small kitchen areas. Or what about the county fairgrounds pavilion. They're easy to decorate and it may cost less than $100 to rent for the day. Host a potluck reception in the park, have a friendly volleyball or baseball game afterward.

Many of the most enjoyable, and most beautiful ceremonies I have officiated were in small parks and pavilions.

Good luck.
Debora
An Everlasting Affair
Auburn, WA
UniqueSigEvents
UniqueSigEvents
All of the above comments are great!! My suggestion is to work with a planner they are the ones who know where the best deals are. There are a couple things to keep in mind. Most places do not allow outside catering. That should be your first question when looking for a venue. Those on a tight budget should be look for venues that do it all in one, linens, centerpieces, food, and a ceremony site. Hope this help, happy hunting and congratulations

Lynne
www.uniquesigevents.com
knightcat
knightcat
If you are looking for a check with your local American Legion, Elks, VFW, they sometimes will help and the cost is low. Some have kitchens and if you want will staff it for a small amount
Anntoinette
mbrown69
mbrown69
chevgirl75 wrote:
Okay so we have set the date and know about what we want. However as any new couple we are on a tight budget. I have no idea where to start when it comes to finding the best deal. We aren't looking for anything fancy and we can decorate ourselves, we don't drink so we need no bar, what we do need is a venue to have a wedding and reception. We would also like to have some ideas on catering, whether it's cheaper to do all the food our selves or how to go about finding a service. So much to do any advice and help would be so appreciated.
mbrown69
mbrown69
I would suggest renting items as much as you can, like linens and decor. Although, check prices because sometimes renting is more expensive than buying.
count941653
count941653
Its cheaper to make your food, mostv of the time family an friends ask if they can help, perfect say yes. pick a theme and simple foods. Ex: pulled porks sandwiches friends make differant salads, slow cook beans. friends make cake pie cookies. i used my laptop and extra speakers . Main thing enjoy an relax Keep it simple and have fun. good luck.
SanTanWeddings
SanTanWeddings
Think outside the box. Some local (very-local, small places) art galleries will rent space for CHEAP and have parking and restrooms. My daughter was married in one and we put up pictures of the bride and groom for decoration. Nancy www.SanTanWeddings.com

Guest December 18, 2012
Have a Beach Wedding! Everyone loves the beach! http://www.southflweddings.com/wedding_ceremony
CNC2011
CNC2011
Since you're not going to have alcohol, it might be best to see if you can get a church. Many churches have areas where folks can congregate for events. They usually have tables and chairs too. Many times the ladies of the church could also cater, which could be a great savings. Another option would be a Moose Lodge, or American Legion. When my hubby and I got married, we rented the Moose Lodge hall. I made most of the food and found friends of friends to serve it. Doing that is REALLY REALLY stressful. I will say that if I could do it for my wedding, I did (with the exception of the cake). I did my flowers, my dress, most of the food, and most of the decor. We rented the Moose for a $200 (21 years ago) and they let us bring in our own food and soft drinks. We had a cash bar so that folks that wanted to drink had to pay for their own (about $1 a drink back then). We bought a keg of beer from the lodge and their bar tenders served it.

Guest Salem, OR August 7, 2014
You're in luck! Being in Eugene is the best starting point when searching for a wedding venue. Considering you want the venue to be inexpensive, able to hold both the ceremony and reception, and you need help with the catering situation, I'd say Dancing Deer Mountain will make you more than happy. They do outdoor weddings on their grounds and let me tell you, the scenery is so lush and the facilities are so perfectly styled to enhance the grounds.. you will have the most beautiful wedding photos! (Did I mention they do photography too?) This place is the whole package, I know you'll be happy with it smile

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: