Try the Mission Bay Conference Centerhttp://www.acc-missionbayconferencecenter.com/planning-a-meeting/group-events/weddings-and-social-events.aspx?mkwid=sJONX2QhT&crid=25764039354&mp_kw=san%20francisco%20wedding%20venues&mp_mt=b&gclid=CI2s9uG9wLICFYnd4AodZhIAXg
Keep in mind the following:
* weekday evenings or luncheons are cheaper
* sunday brunch cheaper
* saturday is most expensive
* earlier timed events can be cheaper (from 12Noon)
* your guest list should be around 70 or less - average per person charge is $60 per plate plus tax and gratuity, which always must be paid
* a buffet is cheaper than a formal sit down because of the staff requirements
The venue I am mentioning also accepts outside food, and you can order just the bar, appetizers and one or two dishes from them and then bring in your own caterer. Compare costs and see what works for you.
Need invites or other printed materials for your wedding? Let me know. My packages include:
* Invites (custom to your colors & theme)
* Thank you cards to match
* Favor Magnets with bubbles and custom tags to match
* Escort cards or ceremony cards
* Free Welcome Wedding Banner (a $50 value)
Prices start at $200!