Need a venue in Memphis, TN Messages in this topic - RSS

Need a venue in Memphis, TN Messages in this topic - RSS

shron929901
shron929901
I am getting married 05/18/2013 and I have a budget of $3,000, which does not include my dress. Can anyone suggest any pointers, venues, or planners to help me out? Thank you in advance.
lsherasouthernjubilee
lsherasouthernjubilee
Congratulations on your engagement! How many people are you planning on inviting to the wedding? Depending on the type of event-style wise $3000, could end up being tight.

For weddings on a budget I always recommend to my clients being prepared for two things 1- be prepared that some things may be out of your price range. 2-Be prepared to have to do a little DIY, to make the day exactly what you want.

I also recommend finding a planner. They will be able to guide in finding vendors, and creating an event that fits your style and budget.

You can check us out if you like- www.southernjubilee.com. We work with many clients on a budget, across several states, TN included.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
Congratulations on your engagement! Here are a few other suggestions:

Find a non-traditional venue (local park, halls run by Elks Club, VFW, or American Legion, for example; park district or community center, etc.). Be sure you can bring in your own caterer.

Contact your local college or university photography class for the name of a talented professor or student to do your photos.

Check out Costco or Sam's Club for your cake and/or flowers. You can also have a smaller cake for "show" and the cake-cutting ceremony, with matching sheet cakes in the kitchen for slicing for your guests.

Use an iPod and speaker system for your music (put a reliable family member in charge and set up your playlists in advance).

Oriental Trading Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) has all sorts of wedding items for pretty much anything you want to DIY. Check out Hobby Lobby and/or Michaels for other creative ideas.

Hold your wedding at a time of day where your guests won't expect a full meal. You can have hors d'ouevres at 2 PM or a brunch at 10 AM, High Tea at 4 PM, or a 7 PM ceremony followed by a dessert reception. (Be sure to mention the type of reception you'll be having on the invitations; i.e. "High Tea to follow" or "Dessert reception to follow", for example, so your guests know to eat before they come.)

You can have all the elements you want for your wedding -- just scale them down a little to fit your budget. (For example, carry a sweet single rose with babies' breath or a dramatic spray of a few calla lilies instead of a full bouquet that may cost several hundred dollars. Or choose seasonal flowers that are cheaper than ones that are out of season and have to be flown in.)

Best advice: visit your local bookstore and find a book on putting together a wedding on a budget. You'll find a wealth of information that will help you have the wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank!

Best wishes,

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
shron929901
shron929901
Thank you. We know that we have a tight budget and are prepared for DIY projects. We prefer to spend more on the honeymoon :-). We are looking to have 75 - 100 guests in attendance. I am currently looking at a few online sites for affordable decorations and favors. I greatly appreciate you feedback and will visit your site and contact you if you can meet our needs. Thank you again.

lsherasouthernjubilee wrote:
Congratulations on your engagement! How many people are you planning on inviting to the wedding? Depending on the type of event-style wise $3000, could end up being tight.

For weddings on a budget I always recommend to my clients being prepared for two things 1- be prepared that some things may be out of your price range. 2-Be prepared to have to do a little DIY, to make the day exactly what you want.

I also recommend finding a planner. They will be able to guide in finding vendors, and creating an event that fits your style and budget.

You can check us out if you like- www.southernjubilee.com. We work with many clients on a budget, across several states, TN included.
shron929901
shron929901
Thank you. We are looking to have 75 - 100 guests in attendance. I am currently looking at a few online sites for affordable decorations and favors. We are also planning to have close friends and family help with the catering and music. My fiance' has found a venue, so we have that part covered now, Yayyy!!!! I greatly appreciate you feedback and will visit your site and suggested links. We will contact you if you can meet our needs. Thank you again

JoyfulPromisesOfficiants wrote:
Congratulations on your engagement! Here are a few other suggestions:

Find a non-traditional venue (local park, halls run by Elks Club, VFW, or American Legion, for example; park district or community center, etc.). Be sure you can bring in your own caterer.

Contact your local college or university photography class for the name of a talented professor or student to do your photos.

Check out Costco or Sam's Club for your cake and/or flowers. You can also have a smaller cake for "show" and the cake-cutting ceremony, with matching sheet cakes in the kitchen for slicing for your guests.

Use an iPod and speaker system for your music (put a reliable family member in charge and set up your playlists in advance).

Oriental Trading Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) has all sorts of wedding items for pretty much anything you want to DIY. Check out Hobby Lobby and/or Michaels for other creative ideas.

Hold your wedding at a time of day where your guests won't expect a full meal. You can have hors d'ouevres at 2 PM or a brunch at 10 AM, High Tea at 4 PM, or a 7 PM ceremony followed by a dessert reception. (Be sure to mention the type of reception you'll be having on the invitations; i.e. "High Tea to follow" or "Dessert reception to follow", for example, so your guests know to eat before they come.)

You can have all the elements you want for your wedding -- just scale them down a little to fit your budget. (For example, carry a sweet single rose with babies' breath or a dramatic spray of a few calla lilies instead of a full bouquet that may cost several hundred dollars. Or choose seasonal flowers that are cheaper than ones that are out of season and have to be flown in.)

Best advice: visit your local bookstore and find a book on putting together a wedding on a budget. You'll find a wealth of information that will help you have the wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank!

Best wishes,

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
hypemediaglobal
hypemediaglobal
Hi Shronda,

Please contact me regarding featuring the wedding on Community Central TV @ ssmith@hypemediaglobal.com. Thanks!

shrondapruitt wrote:
I am getting married 05/18/2013 and I have a budget of $3,000, which does not include my dress. Can anyone suggest any pointers, venues, or planners to help me out? Thank you in advance.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: