6,000 wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

6,000 wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

Tekos928032
Tekos928032
Hello, I am having a beach wedding and I know that the venues and catering is going to be the most expensive.I wanted seafood though I understand I will have to make some sacrifices. Does anyone have food suggestions or any ideas about how to keep this wedding cost as low as possible?

Guest August 16, 2012
Yes! There are so many great options for a beach wedding on that budget. What is your location?

Guest August 16, 2012
Her location is wilmington beach in wilmington, nc. What would you suggest?
belli612063
belli612063
Tekosha16 wrote:
Hello, I am having a beach wedding and I know that the venues and catering is going to be the most expensive.I wanted seafood though I understand I will have to make some sacrifices. Does anyone have food suggestions or any ideas about how to keep this wedding cost as low as possible?

Stations will be the least expensive. Pasta station with shrimp and scallops offered. Heavy hors d'eouvres station with shrimp cocktail, crab cakes, etc. Along with a carving station.
veoglan
veoglan
How about fish tacos!! Delicious!!!

Guest August 17, 2012
Instead of going with a caterer that will charge a huge amt. if you are just going to have seafood, i would suggest to go to a distributer seafood house , and see if they would broil or bake part of the fish, In my home town we have that option. Research for this type of food will save you lots of monies.
Tekos928032
Tekos928032
THNKS,Our guest are coming the day of but as for the wedding party and close family I would like to rent a beach house or maybe time share,any ideas?
quant889895
quant889895
Hi ~
Do you also need an Officiant? I'm available, schedule allowing. Please check out my listing under Eventective's OFFICIANT category. Congratulations! (And P.S., check out mobile caterers for delivery of pre-cooked stuff, perhaps for consumption right on or adjacent to the beach [local ordinances allowing....].)
Rev.Sydney
Eternity Wedding Ceremonies
quant889895
quant889895
....Also, I have had bridal couples who DID rent a condo, and then friends/family prepared the reception meal right on site, for consumption after the beachfront ceremony. This option also allows a "Plan B" location for the ceremony in case of inclement weather. (How many people are you expecting? And what date?)
patriciasphotos@verizon.net
patriciasphotos@verizon.net
I have shot beach weddings where the couple rented a condo just as was mentioned above. The groom loved to cook and he and his bride prepared the meal for their guests. Another had a lovely beach reception on the sand behind a resort where they were staying. The resort did not charge them for the space. They rented tables, brought in their own linens and decor, rented a couple of tents. They did use a caterer but the meal was a simple Mexican buffet. They arranged it all long-distance. Both were destination weddings.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: