Wedding on a BUDGET!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding on a BUDGET!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

trini927305trini927305Posts: 5 Tampa, FL August 15, 2012
We recently got engaged and are trying to stay away from getting into debt because of a party. We are in Tampa, FL and if anyone has any good suggestions of places that are all inclusive and willing to stay open a little bit later than normal we will appreciate it. Or if you know of any places that we can hold the ceremony and reception we can do the decorating and catering ourselves. We would like to stay between $5000-7000 if it's all inclusive. Any suggestions will be a great help as to how to get started in the planning process...Thanks in advance!
djgrand62djgrand62Posts: 5 August 15, 2012
Please contact me at 813-361-8665 .
Glen Rand
Guest August 15, 2012
How many people are you having and what is the date of the event?
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 August 15, 2012
Trini,

That sound completely do able, where I would suggest you starting looking is for halls such as the Tampa Garden Center. I don't know quite what you mean by all inculsive, but if you want to email me your definitoin of that I might be able to assist you more

Lynne
Unique SIGnature Events
lynne@uniqugesigevents.com
Guest August 15, 2012
I really see this so often "We are on a budget"...All weddings should be on a budget! Some are small and others large. It is only smart to decide how much you will spend and stick to it. It may not be best to go "all inclusive" unless you want all the services they offer. If you pay for something you don't want or could do without, that is not good use of the funds. It is best to create a budget that lays out each area of the wedding and how much you want to allocate for each area. You have to have an officiant and the rest is "icing". You can adjust as needed, too. For example, if you allocated $1000 for a dress and only spent $300, you can put the savings into the honeymoon fund or toward more photography, etc. You need to know what are your priorities.
+1 link
Guest August 15, 2012
If you are looking for a non denominational minister, please visit my web site at, revbrislin.com
trini927305trini927305Posts: 5 August 17, 2012
Hi Lynne,
I tried emailing you but it came back to me, is there another email addy that I can contact you at? You can reach me at trinigirl78@gmail.com
Thanks
Shelley
UniqueSigEvents wrote:
Trini,

That sound completely do able, where I would suggest you starting looking is for halls such as the Tampa Garden Center. I don't know quite what you mean by all inculsive, but if you want to email me your definitoin of that I might be able to assist you more

Lynne
Unique SIGnature Events
lynne@uniqugesigevents.com
photo638795photo638795Posts: 2 August 18, 2012
Try staying at a reasonably priced beachfront resort. Get married on the gulf, have your reception outdoros on the sand as well. I just shot a wedding where they rented tables, used the sand, brought their own linens, etc, and had a caterer bring a Mexican buffet. It was a fun, elegant affair. I've seen a couple rent a condo and prepare a wedding buffet themselves for their guests after the ceremony. Depends on how small or large of an event you are planning. Many parks will allow that kind of party as well.
Good luck with your planning.
Patricia Horwell Photography
photos@patriciahorwell.com
Guest August 19, 2012
Hello Trini, I emailed you some detailed information, in response to your query,kindly let me know if you received it? bloomingdaleweddingcouture@gmail.com
trini927305trini927305Posts: 5 August 20, 2012
We are planning for 7/13/13 and about 120-130 guests! So far we have found a couple places but they don't want you bringing in outside catering or drinks which makes everything so much more. I think once we find a venue everything else will fall into place.
Guest August 20, 2012
Need place for rec/hall
trini927305trini927305Posts: 5 August 21, 2012
yes we do need a place to have the ceremony and reception. We may have found one for the reception but still looking for better deals if possible.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 21, 2012
Dear Trinigirl78 & hubby to be!
Congrats! I do custom digital invites and printed material. When you have a chance and know your destination, email at mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com I could custom make:
* Invites with envelopes & return address labels
* Thank you magnet favors with your photo - comes with thank you cards & envelope
* Wedding banner
* Bride T shirt, Groom Cap
$275 including shipping

Here's a bunch of places I found on line:

Banquet Rooms - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Online
directory.tbo.com/FL-Tampa/Banquet-RoomsResults 1 - 16 of 37 – Find Banquet Rooms local business listings in & near ...
C Straz Center for the Performing Arts (813) 222-1076 33602
D Tampa Letter Carrier's Hall (813) 877-4785 3003 W Cypress St
10550 Regents Park Drive
Tampa
(813) 973-3870
Pebble Creek Golf Club
www.pebblecreekclub.com/
4 Google reviews
14301 9 Eagles Drive
Tampa
(813) 925-1232
Bayanihan Arts and Events Center PhilFest Grounds
www.bayanihanartscenter.org/
Score: 29 / 30 - 15 Google reviews
201 East Yukon Street
Tampa
(813) 931-3988
Tampa Firemen's Hall
www.tampafiremenshall.com/
Google+ page
7565 West Hillsborough Avenue
Tampa
(813) 806-3737
The Event Factory
theeventfactory.com/
3 Google reviews
4121 North 50th Street
Tampa
(813) 367-0040
TPepin's Hospitality Centre
www.tpepinshospitalitycentre.com/
1 Google review
1913 North Nebraska Avenue
Tampa
(813) 229-2214
Centro Asturiano De Tampa Inc
www.centroasturianotampa.org/
2 Google reviews
2425 North Rocky Point Drive
Tampa
(813) 281-1943
Rusty Pelican of Tampa
tampa.therustypelican.com/rustypelicantampa/
Score: 23 / 30 - 31 Google reviews
More results near Tampa, FL »
Tampa Wedding Venues, Tampa Wedding Locations, FL - Weddings
www.weddingwire.com › Vendor Directory › Florida › TampaTampa Wedding Venues - WeddingWire makes it easy to search for Tampa Wedding ... Find Wedding Venues Tampa locations, wedding photographers, wedding cakes and more. ... (Catering, tables, chairs, stage etc); Is there ample parking?
trini927305trini927305Posts: 5 August 28, 2012
Thank you My Beloved, I do have some ideas in mind for our invites, please check your email for my ideas. Thanks, we found a place, we'll be doing it at Shriners on Dana Shores. If you have any connections with linens and drapes for decorations please let me know. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Shelley

MyBelovedNYC10036 wrote:
Dear Trinigirl78 & hubby to be!
Congrats! I do custom digital invites and printed material. When you have a chance and know your destination, email at mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com I could custom make:
* Invites with envelopes & return address labels
* Thank you magnet favors with your photo - comes with thank you cards & envelope
* Wedding banner
* Bride T shirt, Groom Cap
$275 including shipping

Here's a bunch of places I found on line:

Banquet Rooms - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Online
directory.tbo.com/FL-Tampa/Banquet-RoomsResults 1 - 16 of 37 – Find Banquet Rooms local business listings in & near ...
C Straz Center for the Performing Arts (813) 222-1076 33602
D Tampa Letter Carrier's Hall (813) 877-4785 3003 W Cypress St
10550 Regents Park Drive
Tampa
(813) 973-3870
Pebble Creek Golf Club
www.pebblecreekclub.com/
4 Google reviews
14301 9 Eagles Drive
Tampa
(813) 925-1232
Bayanihan Arts and Events Center PhilFest Grounds
www.bayanihanartscenter.org/
Score: 29 / 30 - 15 Google reviews
201 East Yukon Street
Tampa
(813) 931-3988
Tampa Firemen's Hall
www.tampafiremenshall.com/
Google+ page
7565 West Hillsborough Avenue
Tampa
(813) 806-3737
The Event Factory
theeventfactory.com/
3 Google reviews
4121 North 50th Street
Tampa
(813) 367-0040
TPepin's Hospitality Centre
www.tpepinshospitalitycentre.com/
1 Google review
1913 North Nebraska Avenue
Tampa
(813) 229-2214
Centro Asturiano De Tampa Inc
www.centroasturianotampa.org/
2 Google reviews
2425 North Rocky Point Drive
Tampa
(813) 281-1943
Rusty Pelican of Tampa
tampa.therustypelican.com/rustypelicantampa/
Score: 23 / 30 - 31 Google reviews
More results near Tampa, FL »
Tampa Wedding Venues, Tampa Wedding Locations, FL - Weddings
www.weddingwire.com › Vendor Directory › Florida › TampaTampa Wedding Venues - WeddingWire makes it easy to search for Tampa Wedding ... Find Wedding Venues Tampa locations, wedding photographers, wedding cakes and more. ... (Catering, tables, chairs, stage etc); Is there ample parking?
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 September 18, 2012
Didn't see your email, do try again. Yes, great resources for table decor! You should also become a member of WeddingBee.com They have a lot of brides selling their used items with a great savings to you. But, of course, I'd be willing to help with your decor as I do have some good resources that have great deals, depending upon what you are looking for. mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com Best! Lise
gardensrestaurantgardensrestaurantPosts: 3 September 30, 2012
We recently hosted a wedding where all of the decorating and favors were put together by the family. It was one of the most beautiful weddings Ive seen and the bride was absolutely glowing and teary eyed in appreciation to her family. Good luck!
Guest November 1, 2012
I would be happy to give you a budget quote on wedding invitations. You can email me your wedding colors and quantity needed and I will email you pricing and free samples.

Thank you
Dawn email: goodtimeinvitations@comcast.net
Good Times Invitations
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 November 18, 2012
email me at:
mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com
Amber979931Amber979931Posts: 1 December 13, 2012
im on a 1500 BUDGET FOR my wedding cermony and recepton Where Or who will help me with all that
I still Need Music,Decor,Set up Take downs Photos ivations
EMAIL ME PLEASE
AMBER.SOTO.3934@GMAIL.COM

TUCSON AZ
Guest December 13, 2012
Amber check your email
Guest December 15, 2012
Hello I'm on a tight budget $1500 for ceremony and reception I live in Orange County CA only have around 60 guest still need Music and decor pls email me @ mmendoza110@yahoo.com if you know anyone that can help
Guest December 15, 2012
I have an awesome planner that will come to u...her name is Jacqui...her # is 19728228535 tell her Shelley from Tampa recommended her to u....hope she can help!!!
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 December 17, 2012
I'm not from your area, but you should do an appetizer/sweets table at a nice local lounge or restaurant. With your low budget, it would be impossible to have a formal reception, but you could still have lots of fun!

If you need inexpensive invites, I can design those for you. For $75 I can do 50 invites, matching thank you cards and 50 thank you favor magnets (you need to send me a nice, clear photo of you and your fiance). email me at www.mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com
lelaa981955lelaa981955Posts: 1 December 23, 2012
I am on a very small budget. So I wanted to know if anyone who has been recently married had purchased alot of weddings supplies and wants to sell them pretty cheap. I don't have a for sure date yet bc we are gonna go to the justice of the peace soon but later when we get a little money saved have a small wedding for our loved ones to attend.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 December 31, 2012
lelaanndthompson wrote:
I am on a very small budget. So I wanted to know if anyone who has been recently married had purchased alot of weddings supplies and wants to sell them pretty cheap. I don't have a for sure date yet bc we are gonna go to the justice of the peace soon but later when we get a little money saved have a small wedding for our loved ones to attend.

where are you located? You can log onto www.orientaltrading.com they have great wedding decor for the DIY'er
Guest January 6, 2013
I am an event planner and alot of the stuff that you need I have in inventory and will make your money stretch along way email me at Shaina_hardy@yahoo.com and we can discuss your needs.

Look forward to hearing from you soon...

S.B.S Events
monaschocolatesmonaschocolatesPosts: 8 January 10, 2013
What kind of wedding supplies are you looking for? Are you looking for centerpieces? Wedding Invitation? Wedding Favors? Cake Toppers? Edible Wedding Favors? Wedding Lanterns? Aisle Runners? Thank You Notes? Bridal Jewelry?

Sometimes, the dollar stores might be your new best friend in planning a wedding for certain decorations and in making your own centerpieces.

But, you have to keep in mind if you do use less expensive items they should still look elegant for your wedding. Have a crafty family member help you if you decide to DIY.

Even if you do approach a wedding supplier, always ask if they have any specials or discounts they can give you. It doesn't hurt to ask, even if they don't mention one from the beginning. We know lots of us are on a budget in planning a wedding or any special event. That's why Mona's Chocolates tries their best to work with the customer's budget. We helped a bride purchase all her wedding accessories, favors and gifts. She was so grateful to find one place to offer her everything she wanted and saving her lots of money too.

I wish you all best of luck in finding what you are looking for with the budget you have on hand.
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 January 11, 2013
Congratulations on your engagement! Your budget is actually great for a guest count of 130, and I would love to discuss some ideas with you. I am a certified wedding and event planner recently based in Montgomery, AL, but most of my professional experience is from San Diego's booming wedding and special events industry. I have contacts in the Tampa area, and I would be happy to recommend some to you if I could get a better understanding of what you are wanting to do. I specialize in creating spectacular events on a budget, so I can talk to you about some ideas (even if you aren't looking to hire a wedding planner). Feel free to email me or call me at your convenience, and I would be happy to speak with you! I could also lend my services for helping plan, setup/breakdown and coordinate the event so that you can just enjoy your wedding on the day of if you decide to have some extra help!

Best Wishes,
Sara Bacon
(334) 521-2254
info@thedolcedesign.com
Guest January 12, 2013
Thank you
fel3232fel3232Posts: 1 January 17, 2013
how many guests?
wthurowwthurowPosts: 34 January 31, 2013
You can have your dress, flowers, venue and invitations sent but without the Marriage Officiant, there is no Wedding.
I officiate marriages for couples who live in or are traveling to N. Central FL. My clients also are from out of state or worldwide, traveling to FL for a destination wedding or vacation. I love weddings and work to make it easy and low cost for my bridal couples. I understand we all have lives, jobs, and Brides have 100+ details to do or remember for their wedding! Over the years I've developed a simple process to work with them to create their ceremony efficiently on-line; so they waste no time with unnecessary meetings. Everything is ready for their Wedding day. http://www.oursimpleceremony.com/index.htm :-)
Guest January 31, 2013
Is there anyone that can do reasonably priced ticket stub invitations? We are having about 120 guests so we may need about 70 invites. I have seen some on etsy.com but they are too much for us. Please email me at trinigirl78@gmail.com if you can. Thanks!
Guest January 31, 2013
Hello I am wanting to get married on October 12 2013 this year. I too am on a budget and really need a fancy, beautiful place for a reception- That does not cost very much but already has the linens with white lights tables decorated. We are also looking for a decent priced DJ , florest , and photographer. We are in Youngstown Ohio. 150 guests or under. Our budget is about 4G (total)NOTHING over Please help!!! halloqueen1031@yahoo.com
denis572646denis572646Posts: 5 February 5, 2013
Hi, I would be happy to give you some really nice party favor ideas that will not break the budget. Give me a call at 866-646-8269. I think you will be surprised at what I have that will amaze your guest.
sruss1009617sruss1009617Posts: 1 February 27, 2013
Help!! stressed out bride in fort payne, alabama. i am looking for a place to have my wedding reception, that is within 20 miles of fort payne. we will have it semi catered and already have a dj booked. date is july 20,2013... i know short notice...but i am coming up empty handed,b/c i'm not from the area originally, like my fiance is. but he is drawing a blank too!! any advice willed be greatly accepted and appreciated!!
Guest February 27, 2013
Hi Denise... I have an awesome planner that will come to u...her name is Jacqui...her # is 19728228535 tell her Shelley from Tamparecommendedher to u....hope she can help!!!
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 February 27, 2013
Srussell: I'm an event planning in Alabama, and I would be happy to help you relieve some of this wedding stress! Please let me know how I can help, if you have any questions or if you would like me to do a consultation with you to get a bit more organized!!! This should be a fun event, not so stressful smile

Sara Bacon

The Dolce Design

(334) 521-2254

sara@thedolcedesign.com

srussell75 wrote:
Help!! stressed out bride in fort payne, alabama. i am looking for a place to have my wedding reception, that is within 20 miles of fort payne. we will have it semi catered and already have a dj booked. date is july 20,2013... i know short notice...but i am coming up empty handed,b/c i'm not from the area originally, like my fiance is. but he is drawing a blank too!! any advice willed be greatly accepted and appreciated!!
jimmyonwebjimmyonwebPosts: 5 February 28, 2013
Hi ,denise if you are planning destination wedding I would like to suggest http://www.mysticalmomentsindia.com/ to hire as an consultant they are experienced one for beach and destination weddings
Guest February 28, 2013
Looking for a very cheap but nice anniversary venue in the fort lauderdale/miami area. On a very tight budget. can anyone point me in the right direction?
email: prbiggirl8@gmail.com
Guest April 4, 2013
Hello,

This is really great topic, wedding on a budget. It is really helpful and interesting information. Thanks for sharing with us.We are focused to take your ideas and customize innovative and professional quality ice sculptures for all occasions. Please browse our Photo Gallery of ice sculptures.

http://www.ice-now.com/special-events.html
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 April 10, 2013
Planning a wedding on a budget is what all brides do. The first step honestly is to select a budget that is reasonable and then stick to it. The easiest way to go over budget is the guest list. If you would not take this person out to dinner and spend 20 or more on their food they do not need to be invited to the wedding. There are 4 things that need to be left to the professionals everything else you can do it yourself if you choose. 1. Photography 2. Coordination of the wedding 3. DJ (iPhones and iPods are forbidden) 4. Catering. Check out our blog for more information about weddings on a budget.

Unique SIGnature Events
www.uniquesigevents.com
uniquesigevents.tumblr.com
Facebook.com/uniquesigevents
@uniquesigevents
sasha670735sasha670735Posts: 1 April 10, 2013
Anyone know of someone in North Georgia?
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 April 16, 2013
Hi Sasha! I am an event planner available for weddings in northern Georgia. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way!

Best Wishes,
Sara Bacon
The Dolce Design
(334) 521-2254
sara@thedolcedesign.com
Guest April 22, 2013
hello, i am teresa and i am getting married in february 22, 2014 and i find my reception place. but i am looking for affordable place to have my wedding. i am also interesting in anyone have items to sell to me from there wedding for cheap. i am in need of everything. i will appreciate anyone info concerning this. thank you in advance.
Guest April 22, 2013
wilde946137wilde946137Posts: 1 April 23, 2013
running out of time-August wedding, greenwood, INarea-daughter on disability due to motorcycle accident-very limited budget due to her past medical bills, father terminal heart patient-approx 200 people, want cash bar-no catering, have our own DJ and photographer set-daughter refused to get married until she could walk without walker-crutches-surgery #15-knee replacement at 28 yrs old-back broken in 4 places, knee broken in 3 places, multiple compound fractures to lower leg, ankle shattered and foot crushed and car left the scene! It has been 3 long years and she is finally in agreement to marry the love of her life. I am so strapped but trying to give her the most I can for my money-help!!!
TheDolceDesignTheDolceDesignPosts: 47 April 23, 2013
Hi wilderness. I am a wedding planner, and I would be happy to gve you some tips and answer any wedding planning or budgeting questions that you have. Feel free to email/call at (334) 521-2254 or sara@thedolcedesign.com.

Best wishes,
Sara Bacon
The Dolce Design
sweet1029844sweet1029844Posts: 2 May 1, 2013
I'm trying to plan my wedding on a budget of 5000 as well not including my dress I really need help date is January 11,2014 in
fayetteville nc PLEASE HELP!
EclecticEntertainmentDJEEclecticEntertainmentDJEPosts: 15 May 8, 2013
Many people it seems are looking for High Quality and/or special rates or discounts. My advice would be to decide WHEN the wedding would be, and maybe have the reception at someone's home. I have DJ'd a wedding reception last August in a cul de sac and it was one of the BEST I have done!
NO rental fees for your own neighborhood, and the entire block can help with the decorating!
As far as DJ's and/or music, you'd want to confer with the local city laws and ordinances. Many places don't allow outdoor music after a certain time, usually 10pm.
Either way, you'd definitely have a LOT more fun going that route if you are terribly strapped with cash!

Good Luck!
+1 link
Guest Bridal Jewelry November 3, 2013
Bridal jewelry for a special wedding day. Affordable bridal jewelry and years of experience in providing wedding jewelry for you and your bridesmaids.

Bridal Jewelry
+1 link

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: