How much to budget for your wedding/event vendors. Messages in this topic - RSS

How much to budget for your wedding/event vendors. Messages in this topic - RSS

rkdph801746rkdph801746Posts: 2 July 17, 2012
Dear brides and grooms, I realize this is a personal decision for you. Some want to budget more for their photographer, another is more interested in their gown, or flowers, or band, etc. Agian, that is between you and your future spouse. However, as a vendor here on Eventective, I ask you to PLEASE give a ballpark number for how much you hope to spend.

Vendors have to pay for your lead. For many of us full-time vendors, we know how much we need to make per event to be able to feed our families. For a wedding photographer that may be $500, or may be $1,500 or more. We've seen brides with a total budget of $20,000 whose photo budget is under $1,000. That's fine, but most of us can not pay for each listing, and hope we are within your budget.

You will get a better vendor response if you give us at least a general idea as to your budget. Thanks.
mingon02mingon02Posts: 3 July 17, 2012
It would be very helpful for a true budget, to be indicated, I always work with my BRIDES BUDGET.
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 July 18, 2012
Sitting down with a wedding planner to determine a reasonable budget is always an option. Most of the first consultations are free. So that is a great time to ask questions.
tinar907458tinar907458Posts: 2 July 18, 2012
rkdphoto wrote:
Dear brides and grooms, I realize this is a personal decision for you. Some want to budget more for their photographer, another is more interested in their gown, or flowers, or band, etc. Agian, that is between you and your future spouse. However, as a vendor here on Eventective, I ask you to PLEASE give a ballpark number for how much you hope to spend.

Vendors have to pay for your lead. For many of us full-time vendors, we know how much we need to make per event to be able to feed our families. For a wedding photographer that may be $500, or may be $1,500 or more. We've seen brides with a total budget of $20,000 whose photo budget is under $1,000. That's fine, but most of us can not pay for each listing, and hope we are within your budget.

You will get a better vendor response if you give us at least a general idea as to your budget. Thanks.
tinar907458tinar907458Posts: 2 July 18, 2012
Venue: $1,500
DJ/entertainer: $800

Catering: $4000

Cake: $200

Flowers: $500

**I hope this helps!tinarose13 wrote:
rkdphoto wrote:

eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 311 July 18, 2012
Venues and vendors will want to add packages and pricing information to their Eventective listings. Planners are searching the internet to learn what they can expect to spend on an event and you can tell them right on your listing. They will appreciate it and you will better match with your target market. We have heard again and again from event venues and vendors displaying package pricing that they have to do less selling when they get these planners on the phone. More contacts turn into actual bookings because the planner already knows the price.
777po533391777po533391Posts: 15 July 18, 2012
I can tell you right now that if you budget more for the DJ than you do the photographer, then your priorities are very screwed up!!
Cheryl2012Cheryl2012Posts: 12 July 25, 2012
I know I am not a professional event planner but, anyone can do this if they know first of all how much u have to spend. Next, decide whats ur theme. Allow yourself pl enty of time to puttogether ideas, u will be surprise what ideas comes to u. I say diy and u will appreciate ur big day more. Plus, u can save lots od money and time and frustration when it comes to hiring so
eone else. We loved planning everyrhing from start to finish and we have never planned a formal anniversaru before.i would suggest allowing urself at least 8months to a year to plan do r ir.
Cheryl2012Cheryl2012Posts: 12 July 25, 2012
Really do ur homework when it comes to ur event.if I told u ourbudget and what we really got for it, u would be very surprised!!!. We would do it all over again.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 8, 2012
The average wedding for 100 runs anywhere from $8,000 to $20,000. That seems like a long range, but the truth is how you style your wedding, the # of guests and the venue you choose.

Having a traditional wedding at an established catering hall runs from about $45 - $100 per person (it should include some liquor). If you have just a rental space, then that may run anywhere from $500 and up, depending on location, type, etc. In other words a church basement is much cheaper than say an art gallery downtown. Having a backyard or house wedding is a different set of circumstances. You also need to determine decor - flowers, table cloths, dishes, chafing pans for hot food, liquor, cake, decorations, dj, limos, photos, video, gifts for bridal party, clothing, invites - etc, etc

So what you first need to determine is the style of wedding you want, how many persons, location, and then figure out how much you can spend.

As suggested, consult with a wedding planner. You may not wish them to do your entire wedding, but they can set you in the right direction, usually for free or for a small fee, and you can also hire them just for the day of the wedding so you don't go crazy.
UniqueSigEventsUniqueSigEventsPosts: 95 August 10, 2012
there are so many different packages that Wedding Planner offer, so checking with them first after determining a type of wedding style can really help to give the bride and groom a reality on what they are going to spend

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: