Camplike wedding in Northern Arizona Messages in this topic - RSS

Camplike wedding in Northern Arizona Messages in this topic - RSS

Guest July 1, 2012
My daughter is getting married in June 2013 and is thinking about having a camplike wedding but to be elegant. She was thinking about having a 3 day event starting on Friday evening for rehersal and friends/family get together, Saturday the wedding and Sunday a breakfast for anyone who plans to stay the evening. She was thinking about, Payson, Pinetop, Showlow or Prescott Arizona area. If anyone has any ideas of any venues that will accommodate us, please advise. If we can not stay for the 3 days, then one day on Saturday will do with accommodations near the venue. Thanks for everyone's help in this matter. We need to find something soon.
Guest July 1, 2012
Have you thought about coming a ways north, near Telluride, CO? Dunton Hot Springs is a restored ghost town in SW Colorado with historic cabins that are elegant inside, an outdoor wedding chapel next to a stream fed by a waterfall, a hot springs and bathhouse for relaxing/soaking, and original Saloon and dancehall. You can rent the whole town. Depending on your numbers, you may have to get more lodging elsewhere. This is true rustic elegance and the chef there is devine!
Erms0405Erms0405Posts: 5 July 2, 2012
Thanks for the information on Dunton Hot Springs in Telluride,Co. A bit to far for friends and family though very nice venue. I had to look twice at the prices as it appeared to be $25,000 per night on using the whole town. I thought it was for the 3 days. Also I guess it only accommodates up to 44 people. We were looking for accommodations for about 100 people. Thanks again for advising me of this site. Very nice.
Guest July 2, 2012
Camp weddings are a lot of fun! I don't know how far you from it but Friendly Pines Camp in Prescott, AZ does rentals.
encha903569encha903569Posts: 1 July 2, 2012
Did your daughter get married and where? I live in Payson and I am an event planner that loves the outdoor theme and can plan on any budget. I have alot of ideas. I am probably too late, but please let me know.. Susan Jacobson, An Enchanted Occasion 928 978-2463
Erms0405Erms0405Posts: 5 July 3, 2012
Thank you in regard to Friendly Pines Camp in Prescott, Az. I have emailed them to see if they do rent out for weddings. @ Susan, I left a message on your voicemail and would love to get together with you possibly next Monday,June 9, 2012,when my daughter has the
day off. You are not to late, her wedding date is June 22, 2013. She likes the Payson area more so than the Prescott, Az area.
Guest July 5, 2012
I just officiated at lovely wedding at the Snow Bowl in Flagstaff. Very good service, small indoor area and large outdoor patio with green mountain backdrop.
Erms0405Erms0405Posts: 5 July 5, 2012
Thanks for the information in regard to Snow Bowl in Flagstaff. I will check it out. How was the weather there?
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 July 5, 2012
The cities you have mentioned will all have different charm, but the weather in June and the countryside should be gorgeous regardless of which they chose. How I would recommend you proceed in searching is determine the guest count and logistics of all of them getting to/from the Phoenix area. Prescott and Payson are much closer than Showlow. Next I'd google or search here on Eventective or other wedding sites. I did a search for venues in Prescott and came up with a long list. http://www.prescottweddings.com/where.html

If as I see in other posts Flagstaff is an option consider Sedona. They can get married outside with the beautiful red rocks as their back drop and then move into one of the local hotels or venues for the reception.

These are just a few ideas to get them started.

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
contact@desertlightweddings.com
(480) 235-0325

www.desertlightweddings.com
Erms0405Erms0405Posts: 5 July 5, 2012
Thank you so much Robbie!!! I know she rather get married in Payson, Strawberry, Pine area though I do understand your point about the guests getting to that area. I believe that is why she was looking for maybe a B&B, or cabins that we can rent out. I will check out this list on Prescott weddings and possibly she may change her mind. Thanks again. Well appreciated.
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 July 9, 2012
Erms0405 wrote:
Thank you so much Robbie!!! I know she rather get married in Payson, Strawberry, Pine area though I do understand your point about the guests getting to that area. I believe that is why she was looking for maybe a B&B, or cabins that we can rent out. I will check out this list on Prescott weddings and possibly she may change her mind. Thanks again. Well appreciated.

Now I can't blame her for the Payson to Strawberry area. I actually was married (ages ago) in a small church in Strawberry...my parents lived up there. Gorgeous area. Here is a site for around there http://www.azweddingdirectory.com/Payson-Arizona/paysonwedding.htm

Bed & breakfast on the creek and they do weddings http://verderiverrockhouse.com/ They even have specials for weddings! Okay everyone who has been responding wants to come if you go to a place like this....it is gorgeous!

Robbie
Desert Light Weddings
Erms0405Erms0405Posts: 5 July 10, 2012
Robbie,thank you for the information. The verderiverrockhouse.com is awesome, Only thing is they only accommodate 50 people maxinum. We are looking somewhere that can accommodate about 100 people. We were in Payson, Pine, Strawberry area today. Saw about six places. Had lots of fun. My daughter has somebody to do her catering and a licensed bartender. So we were looking at places that we can just rent without having to use the catering anywhere. Have you ever heard of the Gathering Place in Pinetop. We didn't get to see that place today but my daughter says that is a bit way out there especially for the people who are coming from Phoenix area. Thanks again. The B$B are awesome. I wonder if a realtor company knows of people who would rent their cabin out for a wedding. They maybe something to look into. lol
DesertLightWeddingsDesertLightWeddingsPosts: 130 July 10, 2012
Erms0405 wrote:
Robbie,thank you for the information. The verderiverrockhouse.com is awesome, Only thing is they only accommodate 50 people maxinum. We are looking somewhere that can accommodate about 100 people. We were in Payson, Pine, Strawberry area today. Saw about six places. Had lots of fun. My daughter has somebody to do her catering and a licensed bartender. So we were looking at places that we can just rent without having to use the catering anywhere. Have you ever heard of the Gathering Place in Pinetop. We didn't get to see that place today but my daughter says that is a bit way out there especially for the people who are coming from Phoenix area. Thanks again. The B$B are awesome. I wonder if a realtor company knows of people who would rent their cabin out for a wedding. They maybe something to look into. lol

Look at this site and you may find a place to rent http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/arizona Payson, Strawberry, and Pine are Capital Territory and High Country. We've done this here in Phoenix for a few weddings and you have to be specific about having a wedding when you ask as some just won't allow you to, but worth checking into.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with that part of the state, but you mentioned PineTop. PineTop and Show Low are are the ones I said are further from Phoenix and airport etc. Pine however is the city right by Strawberry and just up about 20 minutes from Payson. So The Gathering Place is PineTop so your daughter is correct that is quite aways from Phoenix.

Robbie

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: