Future Brides Messages in this topic - RSS

Future Brides Messages in this topic - RSS

VS377VS377Posts: 1 June 30, 2012
Hello and congratulations! Begin with a budget once your know what your budget is then perhaps think about a theme or a color you desire. Other things to think about is whether you want a
modern or a vintage.
Then there are announcements, invitations,your cake to order, your dress, and your ceremony,and your reception.
Remember once you pick a color or theme keep with it.
Stay organized and on budget. And a brides checklist and you
will be good. GOD BLESS.
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 June 30, 2012
Thanks VS377,

Unfortunately, I have asked my fiancee what is our budget but he will not give me an answer. I was asked to hire a wedding planner and he will take care of everything when he comes home September 2012. I have a wedding planner and my fiancee wanted a big wedding and we agreed on different shades of pink. We have decided on the colors, flowers, venue, photograher, and dress. We just need to decide on the invitations, wedding favors, and cake. The bachelor and bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinner.
Guest June 30, 2012
Hi-Congratulations! Tell us about your 1. Date
2. Location (Church,Park, etc)
3. Things you want to put the most emphasis on.
We have been doing weddings for 29 yrs. and are expert advisors. We will try to give you the "bestest" advice possible.
Guest June 30, 2012
Due to availability we change it to September 14, 2013, the majority of the guest are out of towners so we have decided to have the ceremony and reception at a hotel. They have an excellent space that will be converted to a chapel that will accommodate the guest. Once we send out invitation I will be printing on the invitations no children. It is a formal wedding at 5:00pm, cocktail hour 6:00pm-7:00pm, reception at 7:00pm -11:00pm. I want to emphasis romance and the love we have for each other.
sallyabbottsallyabbottPosts: 2 July 2, 2012
Hi,
Sounds like your friends are not being your friends just because they are divorced does not mean that they shouldn't support you. I am a military wife, my husband is retired from the Marine Corp and my son was in the Marine Corp as well and I have been married 29 years.
Please do not let them get you down. I run an Event Center in Northern Nevada and would be glad to give you advice and listen. I suggest writing down likes and dislikes, clipping photos of your favorite things and keep it all in a folder. Keep a Calender in the folder with a time line for your goals. Perphaps you should find a Wedding Planner in your area who may be able to help you.
Hope this helped out..stay strong and carry on!
Guest July 2, 2012
I have an awesome wedding planner and she has been a big help but I dont want to constantly call her when I can ask someone who has gone through it before. As for my friends, their lives have changed one has a 3 year old after her children were older 15 and 27. She is angry about life and is so negative that I cant talk to her about anything positive. She says that I am idealist. My other friend has 3 children and is going back and forth to have surgery due to health problems. My fiancee just wants me to do as much as I can and he will do the rest; but I feel bad knowing that he is away fighting for our country and coming home to deal with issues as simple as planning a wedding. I want to make it as easy as possible for him because he desires that much. Given the fact that he has not given me a budget only tells me that he wants to give me the wedding of my dreams because this is my first and his second. When he returns he will be retiring and we have a lot to celebrate.
All4YouAll4YouPosts: 3 July 3, 2012
Congratulations on your Engagement! My name is Raenita Jones and I am the Owner of All 4 You Wedding Planning & Events. We have a variety of packages that I am certain would suit your needs and budget. I would love to speak with you to discuss your vision, relieve your angst and bring your dreams into a reality. Please visit us on the web to schedule a FREE consultation. www.weddingplannersinphiladelphia.com.

All the Best To You!
Guest July 3, 2012
All4You,

I have a wedding planner and we work well together and I started this blog just to for some suggestions and support. I am almost finished with the planning. We just have to meet with the photograher, officiant, DJ, and rehearsal dinner. My wedding planner is awesome, we get along beautifully, and we share the same vision for the wedding.
All4YouAll4YouPosts: 3 July 3, 2012
Awesome!! All The Best To You!
Guest July 3, 2012
sallyabbott,

Thank you for the kind words I would like to ask is there anything special I should incorporate in the wedding. I have added the branch of the military to wedding topper and garter. I do not have any clue what would be a good idea for the wedding flavors. The majority of the guest are men and would not appreciate glasses, candy, or paper weigh. Do you have any suggestions.
aharb894769aharb894769Posts: 1 July 3, 2012
My suggestion for favors is do a round bottom shot glass this way it can double as a votive holder and a shot glasses, fill it with candy and you should be able to please the masses. Discountmugs.com is the place that I am getting mines for 49 cents per.
Guest July 3, 2012
Thanks aharbert23

I appreciate your suggestion and it sounds like a good idea considering the majority of the guest are men. The guest size is 250 and 200 are military personnel. They are extremely close and I want to give them something memorable. I was also thinking about flasks with green camouflage for men and pink for women. What do you think?
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 July 3, 2012
aharbert23

I just did some research and I think we are going to go with a photobooth. They will set up the booth with our names and date. They will also send us a master copy of the pictures that were taken and we can add them to our photo album. We can also take the pictures and put them in a frame and present them as flavors.
cesys904663cesys904663Posts: 2 July 4, 2012
msg.gogo1 wrote:
Thanks VS377,
Planning can be difficult specially when you dont know what your budget is. Start googling vendors in your area for cupcakes, cakes, flowers, venues and all that good stuff and make sure you ask specific questions and get the best price, dont go with the first one. Im a cupcake business owner and got married 3 years ago planning without a budget was a nightmare so make sure you know in advance. Good luck and congrats from Cesy's Cupcakery.

Unfortunately, I have asked my fiancee what is our budget but he will not give me an answer. I was asked to hire a wedding planner and he will take care of everything when he comes home September 2012. I have a wedding planner and my fiancee wanted a big wedding and we agreed on different shades of pink. We have decided on the colors, flowers, venue, photograher, and dress. We just need to decide on the invitations, wedding favors, and cake. The bachelor and bachelorette parties and rehearsal dinner.
Guest July 4, 2012
cesyscupcakery

I bake cakes as well all of my receipes were created by me. I have don't have much time lately because of finishing school and now planning a wedding, but my only problems is finding a baker that understands what homemade really means and the importance of a moist cake. I decided not to bake my own because of the size of the wedding. I want my guest to enjoy the food, cake, and drinks because they are agreeing to share the day with us. I want to be optimist about the quality of the cakes and I am hoping to find one that can provide me with the quality that I am accustom too.
AlienaAlienaPosts: 12 July 5, 2012
Go ahead !
Guest July 6, 2012
Congratulations!! If you are looking for unique table decor, please visit www.sanskritiexports.com or contact me at elaine@vazinternational.com. Our products are all handcrafted in Rajasthan, India by expert craftsmens. We also have beautiful handcrafted bridal jewelry using 23k gold that follows a 400 year old tradition, for all budgets. If you would like to surprise your finace with an extra special unique gift, then you may want to consider our elegant 23k gold cufflinks. Wish you all the happiness life has to offer!
susan906418susan906418Posts: 1 July 9, 2012
Hi and congratulations I am very new to this website and have resently gotten engaged to my soulmate. I am very happy for you and if you need any help just let me know this wedding is round 2 for me I was married once before but i never let that divorce deter me from my true happiness. I am sorry your friends are not being more supportive and understanding that this is not about them it is about you.
msg.g882687msg.g882687Posts: 13 July 9, 2012
Susanbaxter0

Thank you so much for sending me a very heart felt message. This is my first wedding and by God grace my last one. My fiancee is in Afghanistan and our contact is limited so the wedding planner and I have made all the arrangements. I send him emails to keep him abreast of what I am doing and I am not sure if he has a chance to read them all. How far along are you with the wedding arrangements? I would love to hear what you have come up with and the size of wedding? Again, thanks
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 4, 2012
msg.gogo1
If you haven't ordered invites yet, I can put together a great package including:
* 100 digital invites with your theme and colors in mind
* send me a photo and I will include 100 thank you cards and magnet favor with your photo to place at each table setting
* 100 bubble favors
* Welcome to our wedding banner

I'll give you 50% off everything so your price would be $200 for all. I will also send you proofs via email so that you could approve everything!

Email me at mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com

Good luck and God bless you and your hubby to be!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: