Wedding Newbee. Need advice. Messages in this topic - RSS

Wedding Newbee. Need advice. Messages in this topic - RSS

newlu898350
newlu898350
My husband and I are planning our 10th year wedding vow renewal. We have about a $7000 budget. We are also military. He is currently in afghanistan and I am planning this wedding alone. I have never planned a wedding before and it seems like it is going to be way more expensive then i thought. The wedding will be in Brooklyn, NY. Does anyone have any advice or know of any venues that i could contact?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give or advice.

Beatrice

Guest June 21, 2012
Email me at eventsbykandkinc@gmail.com.I will try to assist you. In the email inform me of the date, colors, & any special things you look for to make your day special.
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Beatrice,

I would suggest starting by writing down a list of everything that you can think of that is wedding related and than rank order it in terms of importance to you. Think about how many people you want to have attend.

In terms of venue, think about parks, religious institutions, and similar venues (depending upon time of year).

Check out earlier postings in this Forum. Rev. Ann Fuller wrote some excellent guidance on inexpensive weddings here a while ago.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, PhD
Education By Entertainment

Guest June 22, 2012
I don't live in NY but, Find a professional DJ MC to help with not only dinner & rec. music but announcements, introductions throughout evening, never pay the whole bill, deposit no more then 50% down, Check em out.... Ask about photo., bridal services, catering, flowers, decorations, wedding planner a big help!!!
"PUNCH Bowl" and check them out with BBB and they will put in bids and you choose. Ask about experience" services, and Consumer Protection, Ask for Referrals...

Guest June 22, 2012
When is the wedding? The date/time of year will help those replying to your post provide the best advice suited for you. I don't live in NY either but have done a few weddings on a budget. I actually like those better!
ebutl729817
ebutl729817
Beatrice

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I too am a spouse of a military veteran and I live in Manhattan. One plus for us is that there are so many discounts that we are eligible for; especially here in NY. Places like Ft. Hamilton have rental spaces for weddings, parties, etc. If you are looking to have your wedding in a more traditional space, inquiring about a military discount will definitely help stretch your budget. This is a huge advantage for you. Our loved ones are serving our country and because of that, establishments will gladly show their appreciation by catering to you; so utilize it. In addition to your military discounts, there are other easy budget-friendly solutions to incorporate and instantly save money. Another great budget-friendly solution is to integrate potted plants such as orchids ($14.99) over custom florist arrangement ($49.99), for the reception tables. Once the wedding is over, you can gift the potted orchids to family and friends. You could save hundreds with just this one budget-friendly solution. Again, you have many options to creating your special day. I agree with one of the other posters here, make a list of what needs to be done and place them in order of importance. From here you can allocated the budget amount for each category. If you have any questions about budget analysis for your wedding and other budget-friendly tips to stretch your $7,000 budget, please email me @ ebutler@authentique-events.com and I will gladly help guide you in the right direction.
newlu898350
newlu898350
Thank you for your advice. I am very familiar with Fort Hamilton I use to work there. I have been looking at many different venues in Brooklyn. It's pretty hard because right now we are stationed on another army base out of nyc. I definitely will take advantage of all military discounts that i can get. I would love any help or advice that I can get.

Thanksebutler wrote:
Beatrice

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. I too am a spouse of a military veteran and I live in Manhattan. One plus for us is that there are so many discounts that we are eligible for; especially here in NY. Places like Ft. Hamilton have rental spaces for weddings, parties, etc. If you are looking to have your wedding in a more traditional space, inquiring about a military discount will definitely help stretch your budget. This is a huge advantage for you. Our loved ones are serving our country and because of that, establishments will gladly show their appreciation by catering to you; so utilize it. In addition to your military discounts, there are other easy budget-friendly solutions to incorporate and instantly save money. Another great budget-friendly solution is to integrate potted plants such as orchids ($14.99) over custom florist arrangement ($49.99), for the reception tables. Once the wedding is over, you can gift the potted orchids to family and friends. You could save hundreds with just this one budget-friendly solution. Again, you have many options to creating your special day. I agree with one of the other posters here, make a list of what needs to be done and place them in order of importance. From here you can allocated the budget amount for each category. If you have any questions about budget analysis for your wedding and other budget-friendly tips to stretch your $7,000 budget, please email me @ ebutler@authentique-events.com and I will gladly help guide you in the right direction.
newlu898350
newlu898350
The wedding is Saturday, February 9, 2013

Guest June 23, 2012
Hi, I went to a wedding in March and I'm helping my sister to do her wedding in August. What I would like to know is that the couple in the wedding pour sand into a glass vase I think, which mean two lives into one. Is there any other simbows you can do in a wedding
MyBelovedNYC10036
MyBelovedNYC10036
newluvin09 -
I can plan your wedding for free - I'm in NYC.
Check out my website & give me a call.
All the best,
Llise Ramos
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: