Career Changer... How to break into the event planning industry in CT (Fairfield County/New Haven County) Messages in this topic - RSS

Career Changer... How to break into the event planning industry in CT (Fairfield County/New Haven County) Messages in this topic - RSS

TMGA524
TMGA524
Hi! So excited to have found this forum. Hope you can help. I am looking to break into the event planning industry. For many years I knew that my current career was not my passion and I have finally decided to change my career path (accountant/business analysis) to become an event planner/coordinator. I really enjoy planning events for self, family and friends. Children parties/events, Baby/Bridal showers and special events (festivals, fundraisers, etc...) are events I would be interested in pursuing. However, since I have no professional experience I would be interested in corporate event planning as well. I live in CT (Fairfield County/New Haven County). Where do I start? How can I reach out to event planners/organizers/employers in my area for experience. I am willing to do internships and volunteer short term for the exposure. Does anyone know of any professionals looking for assistance? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi TMGAS24,

I suggest you join the Event Planners and Coordinators group on LinkedIn and i-Meet if you have not done so already.
Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further help.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph.D.
Education by Entertainment
TMGA524
TMGA524
Thank you Dr. Shapiro

Guest April 14, 2012
HELLO DR SHAPIRO: I TOO AM IN THE SAME POSITION AS (TMGA524)BUT I RESIDE IN PHILA,PA. IS THEIR AN EVENTS PLANNERS & COORDINATORS GROUPS IN THE CITY OF BROTHERLY LOVE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. HAVE A BLESSED DAY.
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Guest,

Please join the groups I mentioned and then look at the membership list. I believe you will find people from Philadelphia who are planners to interact with. You can then check into the formal structures in the area that they may have put together. Also, check with your chamber of commerce. Ron

Guest August 24, 2012
Event planner/coordinator is a good a field for making career and as you say that your current career is not your passion then you must leave it and go for your interested career path. You can also consult with career coaching for better and more information.

<a href="http://www.davittcorporatepartners.com/services/potential/career-coaching/">Employment Career Coaching</a>

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: