$2000 budget wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

$2000 budget wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

ram12
ram12
Does anyone have any great tips for planning a $2000 budget wedding?? (not including the wedding dress thats already covered) The set date is sept,8th,2012smile
Dover, Delaware

Guest April 13, 2012
I have a few pointers. Our budget was about the same minus the dress. The bridesmaids paid for their attire, the only flowers we are getting are the bouquets and boutineirres, and his uncle is a pastor and is letting us use his church free of charge. We are also decorating our reception site ourselves with things found at local decorating places and online; also at a fairly cheap price.
AveryFlynnMagic
AveryFlynnMagic
would you like some fantastic fun and entertainment a
At the after wedding party then hire a magician and balloon artist avery flynn certified by the international brotherhood of magicians

Guest April 13, 2012
contact me at 250-763-8051
www.theartoffinecatering.com
ram12
ram12
we had the bridesmaids pay for their dresses, were having fake flowers and are making them ourselfs the guys dont want boutineirres so we dont have that problem. plus were doing our own wedding cake but so far the cheapest venue i could find is $2500

Guest April 13, 2012
I have the same budget.
getting married & having the reception in my parents backyard.
bridesmaids dress they are paying for.
bouquets and boutineirres making them ourselves
cake is a wedding gift
food we are having a pig roast/BBQ
balloons & garden flowers as decorations
ram12
ram12
We tried finding a back tard to have it in but no one in either pf our families had a big enough back yard for all that.
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
Your budget is extremely low, so you'll have to keep a close eye on what you spend. A few thoughts and links to more complete information (disclosure: links are to my website/Pinterest account)...

• As ram12 pointed out, the venue is usually a big cost, so get creative about where you hold the wedding--in someone's back yard, a field/barn, basement, etc. Basically, anyplace you can get with open space--non-traditional venues are in.
  • Catering/food is another large expense. You can do a home made desserts bar instead of a big cake for people to eat. If you want a traditional cake cutting, have a very small one. Food will depend...maybe you can recruit family/friends for a complete DIY or work with caterer to make main dish and you supply sides?
  • If you want a veil, you can make your own inexpensively ( http://veils.myonlineweddinghelp.com/make-veil )
  • Use a lot of tulle to decorate and use for favors. You can get your selection of color on a 50-yard bolt of 54" for around $40-$50 or a 108" wide for around $100. Message me/reply if you need a link to inexpensive tulle... it's great for a lot of uses (Some ideas on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/YourWeddingHelp/tulle-ideas/ )
  • Have your favors double as centerpieces...for example: cut tulle into 8" or so squares, fill with inexpensive bulk candy like jellybeans, tie with a matching or contrasting ribbon. For each table's centerpiece, put them on a plate or platter from your--or someone else's--kitchen (they don't have to match). Surround with a few small votives or tea lights for more pizazz.
  • You can usually find a better selection of low-cost items online than you can locally. Look for sales and use coupon codes on top of the sales when you can. Also, some wholesale-priced websites sell single items. (Current deals and offers from online merchants/wholesalers here: http://www.myonlineweddinghelp.com/shop-wedding/all-promotion-codes.php ).
HTH.
ram12
ram12
meant yard
ram12
ram12
I found a wedding venue that will do open bar, cocktail hour,sit down dinner and center pieces for $2500, its a bit over budget and im wondering if its a little to good to be true. what do you think?
IFGevents2012
IFGevents2012
If you are anywhere near Michigan City, IN I can suggest several sites at International Friendship Gardens you could use. There are several local officiants who are reasonably priced. Do-it-yourself food for receptions will also bring the price down. Brides & Grooms all have different wishes for their special day. Some want a very basic reception-wedding and can pull off a beautiful day for $2k. Seen it done, know it can be done. If interested in more help or info, please call 219.878.9885 and leave a message for Mary Kay or Nancy.
ram12
ram12
MyOnlineWeddingHelp wrote:
Your budget is extremely low, so you'll have to keep a close eye on what you spend. A few thoughts and links to more complete information (disclosure: links are to my website/Pinterest account)...

• As ram12 pointed out, the venue is usually a big cost, so get creative about where you hold the wedding--in someone's back yard, a field/barn, basement, etc. Basically, anyplace you can get with open space--non-traditional venues are in.
  • Catering/food is another large expense. You can do a home made desserts bar instead of a big cake for people to eat. If you want a traditional cake cutting, have a very small one. Food will depend...maybe you can recruit family/friends for a complete DIY or work with caterer to make main dish and you supply sides?
  • If you want a veil, you can make your own inexpensively ( http://veils.myonlineweddinghelp.com/make-veil )
  • Use a lot of tulle to decorate and use for favors. You can get your selection of color on a 50-yard bolt of 54" for around $40-$50 or a 108" wide for around $100. Message me/reply if you need a link to inexpensive tulle... it's great for a lot of uses (Some ideas on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/YourWeddingHelp/tulle-ideas/ )
  • Have your favors double as centerpieces...for example: cut tulle into 8" or so squares, fill with inexpensive bulk candy like jellybeans, tie with a matching or contrasting ribbon. For each table's centerpiece, put them on a plate or platter from your--or someone else's--kitchen (they don't have to match). Surround with a few small votives or tea lights for more pizazz.
  • You can usually find a better selection of low-cost items online than you can locally. Look for sales and use coupon codes on top of the sales when you can. Also, some wholesale-priced websites sell single items. (Current deals and offers from online merchants/wholesalers here: http://www.myonlineweddinghelp.com/shop-wedding/all-promotion-codes.php ).
HTH.

LOVING THAT TULLE IDEA!!
ram12
ram12
IFGevents2012 wrote:
If you are anywhere near Michigan City, IN I can suggest several sites at International Friendship Gardens you could use. There are several local officiants who are reasonably priced. Do-it-yourself food for receptions will also bring the price down. Brides & Grooms all have different wishes for their special day. Some want a very basic reception-wedding and can pull off a beautiful day for $2k. Seen it done, know it can be done. If interested in more help or info, please call 219.878.9885 and leave a message for Mary Kay or Nancy.

that would be great..but im in delaware upset thanks though
IFGevents2012
IFGevents2012
In Delaware, look at your local public gardens and you should find something similar to Intl Friendship Gardens.

Guest April 13, 2012
I'm enamored with tulle, too! Gossamer costs about the same and is shinier...that's pretty cool, too.

Another thought on venue...any empty buildings or warehouse space in your town? Maybe that could work.
CharlestonWeddingPhotographers
CharlestonWeddingPhotographers
Our Professional photography packages start at $450. Not sure where you are located, but we work with everyone's budget. Also Check the DOLLAR TREE ($1.00 store). They have great little nick-knacks for decorations. County parks might offer affordable recreation areas. Elementary/high schools sometimes rent their gymnasiums.
Keep your guest list low. Do a sweets only reception around 3pm (after lunch - before supper), home-baking snacks, cookies and goodies. Ask a cousin to maintain a nice stereo system with your favorite songs. You can probably expect a great 2 hour event! Good luck!!
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
Check your local Elks Club, VFW hall, community center, parks & recreation, college, YMCA, etc. for a venue. They will often rent their spaces inexpensively and will allow you to bring in your own food. Sams Club and Costco can provide your cake -- a round layer cake on top of a 1/4 or 1/2 sheet cake makes a lovely wedding cake for much less than a standard bakery cake. www.orientaltrading.com has great deals on favors and other decorations. Your local supermarket, KFC, Buona Beef, or other will do catering for much less than a banquet hall or hotel. Or just have a wedding cake/punch/coffee reception -- this is perfect for a 2 PM wedding!

You can do this -- my own wedding cost $1800 for 80 people!

Best wishes,

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
ram12 wrote:
I found a venue that will do open bar, cocktail hour,sit down dinner and center pieces for $2500, its a bit over budget and im wondering if its a little to good to be true. what do you think?

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Be careful....
kandkflorals
kandkflorals
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I designed flowers for a couple a couple of years ago whose family got together and prepared the food for them as their wedding gift-It was really lovely, and the food was delicious! http://www.etsy.com/shop/KandKFloralandDesign
bransoninn
bransoninn
I will do your wedding for $2000 at the Best Western Branson Inn in Branson, MO. You may call me at 417-338-2141. I have no idea where you are.

Guest April 14, 2012
I needs a reception for 79 people in rancho cucumenga need allll services including open bar dance dj. Food beverage and all that goes smooth. 7024436774

Guest April 14, 2012
Reception for 70 people and all for 3000.00 including tables chairs kindness flowers decorations open bar dancing dj audio sound and all that us requested.for a reception. Need to have beverages and dinner that is easy like appetizers foods chicken fingers wings etc. Not fancy. I need help. I need someone to gave all these things in the reception room available at the time of the wedding ... My number is 7024436774. I will be in Calif on may 23 to meet with people who want my business ....
JsEventsolutions
JsEventsolutions
MyOnlineWeddingHelp has some great ideas that I really agree with! In addition you can try these helpful tips.

1. Photographer
Have a professor from your local college recommend his/her best student. Students will usually work for just experience for their portfolio, or for a minimal fee. Ask that the photos be put on disk, then only have printed the ones you want printed. This will save you a ton of money! AND you can have them printed AFTER the wedding, instead of paying the price up front.

2. Catering
This is a HUGE expense, my suggestion would be to reduce the size of your wedding party and your guest list. I know, I know, maybe that's hard but an intimate wedding with the people you love most near could end up being more special to you than 200 people that you will never have a chance to speak to that day.
Breakfast is usually less expensive than dinner. Buffets can be less expensive as well. But if you really want to cut costs have an evening wedding after dinner time with just a dessert buffet.

3. Dress
Remember, you will only wear it one day. YIKES! Yes, I did say that! Mine sits in a closet to this day. There are plenty of affordable, simple and elegant dresses online, that can be dressed up with "something borrowed". wink

4. Tulle, Tulle, Tulle and Tulle. MyOnlineWeddingHelp had great ideas there!

5. Music
Instead of a DJ.....find some music students at your local college as well. Starving musicians will play anywhere for exposure. Look around. smile You may get someone for 100 bucks for 3-4 hours, and they will be quality musicians, remember to ask a professor which student they think would be the best fit. Also remember to ask for a recording or demo before choosing.

6. Venue
AVOID a church and AVOID a hall. I agree with others on going the "backyard" route, it's really your best bet.

I hope this helped a little. Congratulations! I wish you the very best!

Guest April 15, 2012
Hi, IF you need any help in planning your wedding send me a message at wicca31457@yahoo.com. Heavenly Angel Event and Wedding Planning. My name is Melanie

Guest April 15, 2012
Hello, we are planning our wedding in the atlanta area on a low budget also. Im just getting started don't really know what to do. I'm going to check out some of the sites that were posted on this blog. Congratulations! It will turn out great.

Guest April 16, 2012
Planning a wedding for September 2012 with a budget of $5000 (not including the dress). Need a venue for the reception any suggestions?

Guest April 16, 2012
Sorry, located in St. Louis, MO
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
Thoughts on St. Louis reception. Don't know the cost on these for sure, but...
-Carondolet park
-Any community park with a pavilion.
-Andre's or Orlando Gardens ... they both do alot of receptions, so maybe they have an inexpensive option.
-If it's during the summer, maybe look at colleges and Universities--in a quad or other scenic area.
-I have a St. Louis reception Pinterest board with ideas that are a bit more mainstream here: http://pinterest.com/YourWeddingHelp/st-louis-wedding-reception-venues/

Guest April 17, 2012
You could have a BBQ reception in a backyard or in a scenic city park. You may have to get permission from the city parks board. If you want centerpieces, you could look for eclectic inexpensive vases at thrift stores. A cheap and new trend for wedding cakes is making one out of a rice krispie "squares" recipe.
I hope that helps! Happy Planning smile

Guest April 17, 2012
I have a budget of $6500--- I am in Atlanta, GA and I have searched venues that I've looked at but for what I am wanting to spend it willonly cover about 75 guests! I have about 200 because my fiancee is from Atlanta and his family is here but all my fam has to come from Missouri which makes for a large guests lists.... Soemone please help me before I pull out ALL my hair! I live in the west suburbs of Atlanta but any facility in the Atlanta area will work for me. the amount of $6500 is to cover the venue for reception/ceremony for 200 guests as well as the bar, dj, limo- the bridesmaids dress, my dress, tuxedos, flowers and rings are not a part of the amount. Please help!
l.wes826486
l.wes826486
Where will the wedding be? What state?

Guest April 19, 2012
Cindy Andrade, of Celebrations by Cindy, I am in the bay area and extremely affordable as I do this for sentimental reasons as a side busienss. You can contact me by accessing www.celebrationsbycindy.com

Guest April 20, 2012
If you're looking for an affordable wedding video please check out my website. www. http://epicpro.org/

Guest April 20, 2012
Well we decided to have it in grandmothers back yard in york PA. she offered to pay for food so that helps out alot!
watchman444
watchman444
For an awsome venue in Southern Oregon indoor/outdoor venue with food & beverage on site...call 541-832-2359 Full service A-Z

Guest April 21, 2012
Don't tell venues that you are planning a wedding. Tell them you are having a family reunion. Some places will charge you less.

Guest April 22, 2012
Try the art work building on Hull st the venue is very nice it it rents for 1000.00 for the day the website is www.artworksrichmond.com i was just looking it for my location good luck and congrats
alind864003
alind864003
I am helping a friend plan her wedding and her budget is 3000 if anybody has any ideas i would love to hear them. Her wedding is being set for dec.22 this year so i dont have alot of time to get it together. Any advice or ideas are welcome
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
MyOnlineWeddingHelp
@alindabatt ... two things upfront that will help the most are (1) split the budget into categories, according to her priorities, then stick to it and (2) keep the guest count low. Because it's winter, and near Christmas, you'll want to be thinking about and talking to venues and vendors now, trying to figure out how to get it done at that busy time of year--a friend or relative with a large enough house will most likely be the best on that budget.

Regarding the budget checklist, I have one here you can download (no charge)...it's an interactive file that will split out your budget by category according to average percentages. You can change them to fit the bride's/groom's priorities. Then, as you spend money, add the expenses into the "actual" column. The running totals will automatically update. That way, you can tell at any time how you are doing--line by line--compared to the budget... http://www.myonlineweddinghelp.com/planning-budget-checklist.htm
ABETTERDJ
ABETTERDJ
My wife planned our wedding and got it all done for under $1,000 including the dress. I have a large family and my aunt suggested a "bring a dish" wedding. We had better food than any caterer we've encountered at hundreds of weddings we've done. One of my uncles brought a keg. We rented a local fire hall for $250.

We can handle your DJ and photographer needs for only $999. Keep in mind that you will get money as wedding gifts, and be sure to invite all of your out of state relatives that you never heard of. They won't come but they will send money Big Grin http://www.abetterdj.net

Guest June 20, 2012
Check out mgainsdecor.com! You can rent all of your decorations which can save a bundle. Plus they ship everywhere and are super helpful at getting what you want even if it's not on their site.
theda881609
theda881609
We are planing our wedding for July 2013 in the Casper, WY area, so there is enough time to plan. We have a low budget of $2500 - $3000, The dress and the groom's attire is taken care of and so is the cake. There will be no brides maids. Only a maid of honor and a best man.
We're only going to have aprox. 30 guests so we are thinking about having the reception at a local steak house that has a great menu for a reasonable price.
Our problem is the ceremony! We would love to have an outdoor ceremony where there is some green. We would even love to set up a gazebo but we don't know anyone with a backyard either. Does anyone have an idea or know their way around Casper and have a suggestion? We are new here in town (we moved here in April because of a new job) so we don't really have that much knowledge of the area. Does anyone know if it's possible to set up for a wedding at one of Casper's public parks?
Other than that, we are open to any other ideas that someone might have. We don't want a church wedding, that is for certain but we would love to have a memorable day without having to give up on TOO many things.
All ideas are hightly appreciated.....
ebutl729817
ebutl729817
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. Your best money-saving tool is to think outside the box and be open to “off the beaten path” solutions. Because you have a tight budget, prioritize your list and seek easy budget-friendly solutions to incorporate and instantly save money. A great budget-friendly solution is to integrate potted plants such as orchids ($14.99) over custom florist arrangements ($49.99), for the reception tables. Once the wedding is over, you can gift the potted orchids to family and friends. You could save hundreds with just this one budget-friendly solution. Again, you have many options to creating your special day. I live in New York City and we have many community gardens that rent their spaces for weddings. Often times you can make a donation and have a great event with very low costs. Your main focus for now should be to create a budget analysis spreadsheet. If you have additional questions for your wedding and would like other budget-friendly tips to stretch your $2,000 budget, please email me @ ebutler@authentique-events.com and I will gladly help guide you in the right direction.

Guest June 23, 2012
I have the same budget. Doing as much as you can yourself is the best way to save money. I look at it as this is your special day and you want everything to be perfect. Make your own center pieces. I shopped at local dollar tree stores and was able to get table clothes, vases, fake flowers, and wedding photo album, some of the party favors. I even found a t-shirt iron on that said bride. Its your day so be as creative as you want. Places like wal-mart carries toule for decoration and I plan to use all white Christmas lights for decorations as well. See if you can find a hall that will accommodate your guest where you can have the ceremony and reception in the same place. Also ask close friends and family members to help with all things starting with decorating, cooking, photography, video, and coordinating. My family has had 3 weddings in the last 3 years and was able to pull it off with similar budgets.
brina1979
brina1979
Trying to plan a small wedding in Nashville, TN on a small budget of $5000 for 100 guests. Having trouble findning a venue. Preferably would like a place that we can have the short ceremony and reception in one location. Tables, chairs, linens would be good to have included as well.

Guest July 21, 2012
im also trying to plan an affordable wedding/reception in lexington ky. Dress is paid for and my brother is a dj so thats covered.my bridal party will be paying for their own at ire.dont want to do anything outside and I have $3000. Suggestions please for wedding and reception venues and everything else. Thanks!!
wdjones07
wdjones07
You can have a beautiful wedding with that budget. There are a lot of things you can do to cut costs and still have an elegant event. Having your ceremony outdoors in a public park, such as a beach wedding or a garden wedding is a great way to cut costs. Limiting your flowers, and replacing them with floating candles is another great idea. Floating candles will add that romantic feel to your reception venue. One very important cost cutter, however, lies with your guest list. Remember, the more guests you invite the more money you will have to spend. My advice is to always be wise about your guest list. Don't invite a bunch of people you hardly know just to be nice. Keep the list to very close friends and very close relatives. This will make your wedding a lot more fun, trust me.
If you need help with any wedding details please visit my website: http://awesomeweddings.yolasite.com
sara1864797
sara1864797
Google...Wholes sale for flower, Linen, vases, etc. andalso go to Ebay... you can find whatever you need for cheaper than any store...eachstates has historical landmarks that you can use for your reception, you canalso contact your local night club most are pretty reasonable but the down fallwith using them is that their normally time that they would open the night clubthey will still open it the same time the night of your wedding but you canhave your reception end at the time they open...Also check craiglist for yourtown most DJ, photographers, caters, etc. will run specials to draw in newclients so you can get most of their services at a discounted rate...Hope this helps smile
tlbir916331
tlbir916331
Planning a wedding for my daughter in October 2012 around the Greensboro,NC area. We're having a hard time finding a venue for the ceremony, reception and dance reasonably priced. Wedding budget is $3000 minus dress.I'm finding most venues are booked already. Not really wanting an outdoor wedding but somewhere memorable. Any ideas?

Guest July 26, 2012
Im having a wedding on 05/18/2013 and im on a 2000 dollar budget. I so lost and stressed out out, I have found a area for my outside wedding. I just dont nothing about planning a wedding. Somebody pls help.....\

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: