Winnipeg, MB, July/13 Wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

Winnipeg, MB, July/13 Wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

sgate813737sgate813737Posts: 2 February 22, 2012
My Fiance and I are planning a summer wedding for July/13. I know its far away, but I need to get everything out of the way as soon as possible. I have next to no time coming up in my schedule and feel very pressed for time. Its stressing me out beyond belief. We are planning to wed in a park, with no back up plan if it rains due to our budget. We are paying for EVERYTHING ourselves & don't have very much to spend. We have 2 daughters that take up most of our money. As well as rent, the car, bills, etc... If worst comes to worst, we could take out a loan, but I would rather not go into debt. Our total budget changes everyday with me. Our original plan was to have an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception. Now, due to every place I've looked at and liked, its sooo expensive and I dont feel comfortable spending that kind of money on a big party. So, we now plan to have an outdoor wedding with a picnic following, so our daughters and younger family and friends can also attend. A lot of places that serve alcohol dont allow minors. Which is understandable, but I want my children there!! If anyone has any tips, ideas or suggestions, I welcome everything! We will be getting married at Kings Park. As well as having the picnic there. But if I can manage to find a venue within a reasonable budget that allows children, I would rather be inside, in airconditoning!! We were also planning on having a potluck dinner/picnic, so the venue would have to allow us to bring in our own food. Alcohol isnt a major factor. I would much rather spend our money on something else. I have absolutely no help planning this wedding besides my Fiance, who is also clueless on how to go about it. PLEASE HELP US!!!! It would be greatly appreciated! smile
Guest February 22, 2012
Good Morning
I'm Chef Rivera As you let us know. It's your first time Planning for a wedding and we will LIKE TO make this experience Fun Easy and Memorable . Regarding prices we first need to have a understanding on what you like to do. Such as do you need a DJ, Venue Place, Cake, decorations, do you wanna a bar and last but not least the food . All of this can be organize for you SO GIVE US A CALL TODAY AT 347.443.0616 or VISIT US ON TH WED AT www.lydiascatering.org talk to you soon
Guest February 22, 2012
Where you located?
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 347 February 22, 2012
Hi S Gates,

Your priorities are in the right place.

Does the park have a shelter you could use in case of rain?

Given the summer season a school, college or university (as well as a religious institution) might be willing to rent their space for a reasonable amount of money.

Ron
Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph.D.
Education by Entertainment
AsYouWishSpecialEventsPlanningAsYouWishSpecialEventsPlanningPosts: 5 February 22, 2012
Good Afternoon,
We're an Event Planning company located in Windsor Ontario but do offer a very reasonably priced DIY Planner Package - you still have ALL of the control, we just help out with the stuff you might not think of & organize it all for you (everything done over emails & phone).
It's extremely affordable for the cost-conscious bridge & groom so if you guys want some additional info on this just give us a shout and we'll go from there! Congratulations!
Sincerely,
As You Wish Special Events Planning
Guest February 22, 2012
hi my name is kim it would help save you money if you make your flowers instead of getting the from a flower shop thats what i did for mine 22.00 dollars so far on my flowers i used silk flowers i hope this helps you and congrates
Guest February 22, 2012
In keeping your costs down, consider having refreshing bottles of water for your guests. Sarahs Seasonings makes CUSTOM WATER BOTTLE WRAPS in quantities as low as 15 wraps. Call for detail information at: 352.255.8351 or email us at Info@Sarahs-Seasonings.com
sgate813737sgate813737Posts: 2 February 23, 2012
I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. As for the park, no, they don't. I am so clueless on what to do. I will happily get married in the rain. But many of our guests probably won't come. I would gladly move the wedding inside, but at the right price.
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 347 February 23, 2012
Hi S Gates,

Here are some steps to follow in the morning:
  • Call the student union or student center and the chapel at colleges and universities in your area. See if you could rent a room, and if so, how much would it cost?
  • Do any of your friends live in a condominium or apartment with a club house? If so, ask them to see if they could rent it for you, and if so how much would it cost?
  • Call private schools, civic institutions and religious institutions in your area and see if they have a room to rent and, if so, how much it would cost.
  • Check with family restaurants in the area to see if they have a room you could use at little to no cost if you order lunch for everyone. If so, see if you could order at menu prices.
Let us know what you find.
Ron
patri800805patri800805Posts: 22 February 24, 2012
Good Afternoon,
I am an Event Planner who would love to help you out. I offer a 20% discount to first time clients. I offer A la Carte services and prices will make you so happy. I can be involved as much or as little as you need me. Please reply to this message or contact me at 800-734-7298.
Thanks,
Patrina
Guest February 24, 2012
Oh! you also bring your own food in.

Azle family center

Juan Tovar
topps303274topps303274Posts: 1 February 25, 2012
Last time I checked Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada was no where near Texas. There isn't much near King's Park, but in St. Norbert there is a small hall attached to the Eagles Club. It's across Pembina from the St. Norbert Community Club. There is also Howden Community Club on Red River Dr. just south of the city. Howden is really nice, but a little out of the way. I am not afiliated with either venue. Ron Roy Topps Music Service.
Guest February 25, 2012
Host a social just prior to your wedding! Winnipeg does them so very well. Also post on Craigslist and Used Winnipeg that you are looking for XYZ things that you need. Winnipeggers are notoriously generous.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: