Having a Wedding Ceremony and Reception in Columbia, SC, 30 Jun 12, Please help!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Having a Wedding Ceremony and Reception in Columbia, SC, 30 Jun 12, Please help!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

delov809859
delov809859
My fiance` and I are currently deployed but want to have wedding ceremony and reception in Columbia, SC (his hometown) on June 30. I have only been there a couple of times and have NEVER been to a wedding or reception, or ever even hosted a birthday party. I have no idea how to host a party, wedding, or any other populated event for that matter. I have a limited budget of not more than $4,000, but need to house my family, about 20 hotel rooms. This doesn't have to be expensive or overly fancy I just want a wedding and a nice reception. Please if someone knows how to help me, please do. Thanks, Angela
DTileryEvents
DTileryEvents
why don't you try a "beach wedding? it can be inexpensive to get an arch and layout out a runner then spend money on a reception at a restaurant with music.. If you family truly understands they will pay for hotel if you find them near by and negotiate the rate with the hotel first.
777po533391
777po533391
I agree with Donnie, and if you need photography, check out our site at 777portraits.com , we service all of North, and South Carolina

Guest January 29, 2012
I will be happy to help you. You can contact me via email@ contact@exquisiteer.com, www.exquisiteeventrentals.com. You can definitely pull off a wedding on 4K. There are a lot of DIY projects. My number is on my website.
ADAY2552329
ADAY2552329
I will be happy to help you. You can contact me at aday2re_memberevents.com or visit my website www.aday2remembereventplanners.com We can customize a package just to fit your budget.
kandkflorals
kandkflorals
I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask family members to pay for their own hotel rooms. At times I help brides with these things-the bride calls the hotel of choice to find availability, gets a corporate or special event rate, but her guests pay for their own individual rooms. Have you thought of having a dessert buffet rather than a cake? I'm currently working with a bride who is doing this for 300 guests-it's about half the price and a really lovely idea. She is also designing her own unity candle(very simple, even for those who aren't crafty, using rented containers for single flower centerpieces, and is using a simple basket for cards. There are so many ways to cut down, especially on the small items. I love all things handmade and recommend Etsy for many wedding items, including dresses-beautiful products and often a fraction of the cost of "store" bought items, and you're getting handmade just for you. You can also print your own invites, and more. And I also love the idea of beach wedding. I worked with a couple who were married in their front yard amongst their apple and lilac trees with the guests standing for the ceremony, and it was gorgeous and natural. Unique wedding favors, gift boxes, wreaths, and more at http://www.etsy.com/shop/KandKFloralandDesign

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: