wedding plans Messages in this topic - RSS

wedding plans Messages in this topic - RSS

help798618help798618Posts: 1 January 13, 2012
Planning a wedding for 200 on a small budget. All opinions will count. Any advise or suggestions.
Guest January 13, 2012
Shop early, shop often, shop with a friend or someone wihtout emotional ties to your wedding. Enjoy, have fun and plan. Write the 10 most important topics surrounding your wedding. Tackle them with vigor and energy and let the rest fall into place. Planning, organizing and budgeting will be the rule, rather than emotions. Beautiful weddings and weddings to remember are about the small details.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 January 13, 2012
My best advice is to check out the various online resources such as this site, GatheringGuide.com, WedPlan.com, TheKnot, etc. Then visit your local bookstore and find the section on weddings. You'll find dozens of books on how to plan a wedding on a budget, planning guides, etc. Pick up the one that seems to fit your own mindset. Then visit your local craft store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, etc.). They'll have books and lots of ideas for favors, invitations, decorations, etc.

You will also need to sit down and discuss with your fiance your list of "must haves", "would like to haves" and your "I can live without this if it doesn't fit the budget". Prioritizing will help you stay in budget as you proceed through the planning process.

Best wishes on your engagement, and enjoy the journey!

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
JadeO790025JadeO790025Posts: 7 January 13, 2012
I agree with the above comments. You need to stay focused and organized. There is plenty of material out there to pull resources from. Try not to over do it in the idea department, sometimes you over exhast yourself before you can even enjoy your day. If you need any advice give me a call, I'm located in NYC area,
Aisha Reeves
Wedding/Event Planner
777po533391777po533391Posts: 15 January 13, 2012
Where is this at??help wrote:
Planning a wedding for 200 on a small budget. All opinions will count. Any advise or suggestions.
Guest January 13, 2012
I ditto all the above comments! But, you can add special touches that really make your day stand out. For example, spend the money to have your invitations hand calligraphied - your invitations start the excitement about your day and nothing is more elegant than a beautiful calligraphied envelope! See my work at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calligraphy-by-MaryBeth-Reed/105873912815918. I am located in Western Massachusetts, but so much can be done with overnight mail and email these days. I offer reasonable rates and quick personal service!

MaryBeth Reed
Calligraphy by MaryBeth Reed
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calligraphy-by-MaryBeth-Reed/105873912815918
Guest January 13, 2012
You can also visit some local Bridal Shows to register to win free prizes such as wedding pictures, venue space, discounted guest rooms, discounts off florists, DJs, wedding dresses, and much more! There are several in Lexington, KY this time of year and I am actually hosting my 2nd annual Bridal Show on January 22, 2012 from 12PM-5PM at the Hampton Inn in Winchester, KY. Not sure where you are located, but I would definitely search for Bridal Shows in your area. You can register to win hundreds of free prizes and great discounts. Best of wishes to you!
Guest January 13, 2012
We would love to help you. www.heywego.com
Guest January 13, 2012
Be very realistic on your budget. Have a lunch and no alchol. If you are having drinks stick with beer and wine. Try a VFW and a good catering company. Make it old fashion fun. Focus on the love and joy of the day. Great music and good food. If it is nice out get married in a free location. Make your own bouquet and the girls bouquet. Send E Invites.
There is a way to do it just make it seem like it is part of the plan. Buy your dress at a second hand shop. You can find beautiful dresses just have it cleaned. You will look stunning and have money for shoes and a vail.
Guest January 14, 2012
I am located in Charlottesville Virginia
Guest January 15, 2012
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?.. THAT WOULD ALWAYS HELP WHEN POSTING FOR AN UPCOMING WEDDING, LIKE MYSELF' I HAVE MY PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS NAME LISTED ALL AROUND MISSISSIPPI.. ,SO LETTING ONE KNOW WHAT STATE YOUR IN ,WOULD BETTER SERVE YOU .THANK-YOU .. YOU CAN CONTACT ME #662-237-0405...... CELL.. 662-466-1589.. WISH YOU LUCK!!
Guest January 15, 2012
I am located in Charlottesville Virgina
lemon799868lemon799868Posts: 1 January 15, 2012
I am getting married in biloxi,ms Ive got the after seramony dinner already set and all other things done except for my Flowees i am a Over The Road Truck Driver and The Person That Said Would Do My Flowers will not return my phone calls nor my text so now i am looking for another way to get it done.. anybody have any info on who to contact in biloxi,ms or gulfport,ms
Guest January 15, 2012
Come to Suttonspringsaustin.com, and we can help you with a wedding to fit your budget Best and newest outdoor venue in Austin, Texas
Guest January 16, 2012
looking for advise. charlottesville virginia area wedding for 200 guests simple elegant with a small budget.
franc800560franc800560Posts: 1 January 16, 2012
looking for a venue on a small budget.located in alexandria la
Guest January 17, 2012
I can help with your wedding and work with your budget in Charlottesville, VA. Please contact me at 800-734-7298 P & T Party Planners
balochbrudbalochbrudPosts: 1 April 4, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing the great information.
MyOnlineWeddingHelpMyOnlineWeddingHelpPosts: 10 April 10, 2012
Also, be sure to budget ahead of time and know where you stand with respect to that budget. Different ways to save money on different aspects of your wedding are: use a unique venue (field or back yard, empty building, etc), deals & discounts (or course), do-it-yourself (DIY), and recycle by reusing, re-purposing, or reselling.

If you need a planning worksheet or budget calculator: http://www.myonlineweddinghelp.com/planning-budget-checklist.htm
Guest May 11, 2012
I think it will make you help as per your budget and planning : http://www.matrixconferenceandbanquetcenter.com/
Guest May 12, 2012
hello my name is julia my fiance and i are getting married on july 13 2013. scott and i are in our 40's and want something in virginia city. we live in gardnerville. I am starting to work on everything. we will be going up to v.c. soon to look at everything...we are really excited.smile
ChakeiaJohnsonChakeiaJohnsonPosts: 2 May 14, 2012
Hello Friend, you shell sit with your friends & relatives to organize all things, fir further details you can talk to us at keiajevents(dot)com
here you will get all the help you need.
Thanks
mrnwg876587mrnwg876587Posts: 1 May 14, 2012
Hello my name is Mandy and I am looking for a place to have our wedding and reception together in the same place as we are having a relative coming from a nursing home and don't want to drag her from place to place. Our wedding is December 1st and we are looking to have it in or near belleville Illinois so its close to the home she's in and they will transport her there and back. I have been looking but its hard to find a place that will do both for a reasonable price since we are on a tight budget. Please help!!!! Thank you smile
greenhillgreenhillPosts: 31 May 14, 2012
Hi Mandy,

First of all congrats for your wedding. As you mention that you have tight budget too. So you to prepare a checklist and go through this. This is the best idea to prepare any occasion. Regarding your place u haven't mention which place would u like to prefer. Plz mention same so that I can get best for u.

Thanx.
ChakeiaJohnsonChakeiaJohnsonPosts: 2 May 16, 2012
Hello Mandy

Congrats buddy for your upcoming wedding. It is not that difficult to do it in a tight budget. You can plan to manage your resources very well. I was also in a similar situation at that time one of my friend suggested about keiajevents(dot)com , as i talked to them all my problems were solved. Hope you will also be happy.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: