Photography Messages in this topic - RSS

Photography Messages in this topic - RSS

sweet793069sweet793069Posts: 4 January 5, 2012
I never knew trying to find a photographer would be so tiring and rather expensive. I am planning my own wedding, only about 50 guests. The venue is my back yard. The packages I have seen so far for photographers are hugely expensive. I want my day to be special just like all brides but i would prefer not to break the bank to get it. We only need pictures taken of the ceremony, dinner and maybe some fun stuff after dinner but we don't need pictures of every little thing. Can anyone recommend someone who can scale down their packages to suit my needs? I am in town of Langley, British Columbia.

Thnx fellow brides hope to hear from you!!
Guest January 5, 2012
What is your budget? http://777portraits.com
sweet793069sweet793069Posts: 4 January 6, 2012
for the entire wedding is 5000
Guest January 6, 2012
Just remember that your wedding portraits are usually the only thing you have left from the wedding as a rememberance of the day. Weddings are very labor intensive and for every hour a photographer spends at a wedding they spend 1 - 2 hours working on the photos. Say you can afford $500 for photography and want a photographer to be at your wedding for lets say 8 hours. That would be paying the photographer about $31 per hour. In a photography studio setting, a photographer would make roughly $125 - $250 for a 1 hour portrait session with less work to do after the session because the volume of portraits are less, and in a wedding portrait arena, photographers make anywhere from $375 per hour up. A portrait photographer could in essence have two 1 hour portrait sessions with less than 100 portaits and make the same amount as the wedding scenario mentioned above for working less time. What your asking is for a professional to go to work for 1/8 of their salary. I am sure if your boss asked you to come to work for 1/8 of your salary, you'd tell him/her no way, so why would you expect a professional photographer to do so? You wouldn't go to an attorney or a doctor and say, I want your service, but for 1/8 of your current fees. I know that you're on a budget, I've been there too. If you really can't afford at least 15 - 20% of your budget for photography, then I'd suggest looking on Craigs List for a weekend photographer, or checking with a local college that teaches photography to see if they have a student that would be interested in taking your wedding portraits. Just remember using Craigs List or the latter, that they are new to the business and less experienced and you may not get the photos you want.

I wish you all the luck in finding someone!
Guest January 6, 2012
Check out my site, I offer packages starting at $500.00, payable in evenly divided monthly installments from your date of booking. www.wix.com/amber_girard/creative-image-site
I look forward to hearing from you!
amber.girard@live.com
Guest January 6, 2012
I used a friend to do my wedding photos and they turned out OK, but if you want fabulous photos, you need to hire a professional.
photosbyblackphotosbyblackPosts: 1 January 11, 2012
Just remember no one remembers the food unless it made them sick, no will remember the band or the flowers so your photographers is the only link to the event. If the photos are just okay then later on you will be disappointed that you didn't hire a pro. A 50 person wedding is as difficult as a 250 person wedding. The key moments and family portraits are critical, you need a pro who understands what is happening and knows how to capture those special moments.
Guest January 11, 2012
What is your budget?
Guest January 11, 2012
Check out my site. www.evanchristman.com
I have been shooting for 4 years, and trained under one of the best in the business. I shoot film also. It is a lost art, but it is the best way. My pricing includes a second photographer and up to 7 hours of shooting on your wedding day!
I do travel.
sweet793069sweet793069Posts: 4 January 12, 2012
Thank you everyone for your comments. I will check on the websites given to me. You are all right though, hiring a pro is probably a better idea as it is something i want to remember forever. Even my fiance agrees!! so that's even better.
Guest January 15, 2012
GOOD EVENING TO sweetiebum2... I RECIEVED YOUR MESSAGE * I ALSO SAW THE PIC OF YOU AND YOUR BEAU, GREAT PIC OF THE TWO OF YOU.. I WOULD LOVE TO WORK YOUR WEDDING ,HOWEVER ; THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE BEING THAT I LIVE IN MISSISSIPPI.I WISH YOU LUCK FINDING SOMEONE & CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU .. IF YOU WERE CLOSER I COULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A REALLY GOOD DEAL ON YOUR WEDDING PACKAGE@ AS I HAVE DISCOUNTED PRICE GOING ON UNTIL THE END OF JANUARY.
Guest January 24, 2012
I can meet ur needs with over 20 years exp. I will work with you & will not break the bank. I know what to snap, how & when to snap that event.
thump806157thump806157Posts: 3 January 24, 2012
Hi my name is Kassie Dugger and I am a photographer. I know I am not in B.C. But please call me I have a great Deal for you 2533303246
thump806157thump806157Posts: 3 January 24, 2012
I hope you look at my website Gotchyaimages.com I am only about 5 hours from you or so. So please go ahead and check out my website. And if you have any questions I have lots more pictures, and I am willing to answer any thing you have to ask.
info807426info807426Posts: 1 February 2, 2012
If you are still looking for a photographer call me and we can work out a package that will fit your budget. I am a professional photographer based out of Langley. If I have an availablity on the date of your wedding than I will be willing to work out a reduced price as a trade for print option. Dan, Clear Cold Ink Photography 604-349-9479
jmath247643jmath247643Posts: 1 March 1, 2012
A little late to the discussion, but for future readers, if you have a really tight budget, consider getting married on a Monday through Thursday. These are slower days for us pro photogs. Saturdays and even Sundays are hugely busy and many pros won't even consider a discounted price on these days. However, many full-time photographers will consider discounting for weekdays, myself included.
Shoe1232Shoe1232Posts: 1 March 2, 2012
Take a look at a $500 photographer, then take a look at our photography. www.rothcouple.com There's a whole lot of quality that comes with the money, generally speaking.
Don't do something you'll regret in 30 years.
dorchanthingsdorchanthingsPosts: 1 May 7, 2012
Hi... As we all know that marriage is the dream of everyone's life. So for this you need a professional photographer who could make your day memorable. So select a professional photographer for your marriage.
MyBelovedNYC10036MyBelovedNYC10036Posts: 107 August 4, 2012
You can go to a local school that offers photography and ask if there would be a senior student (or two) that would be willing to shoot your wedding. I've done this for some brides and it turned out quite okay. I offered the two students $300 each, plus food and got a lot of lovely photos for the couple. Seniors are willing to work more cheaply and need the photos for their portfolio. You could also try Craigslist.org in your area and very often people want to book last minute jobs to fill their calendar and will offer good prices. Be sure to check all work and websites before committing. Pay them after the ceremony at reception during a break in cash.

Good luck!

Lise

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: