ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
Congratulations on your engagement!

One of the best pieces of advice I can give you is to head to your local library or bookstore and pick up a book on planning your wedding. You'll find a wide array of choices, including planners to help you keep organized, books on budget-friendly weddings, wedding crafts, etc. Pick the one(s) that seem to suit your own situation. Books like these can be an invaluable resource and will help you get a handle on the process.

Your wedding may be the biggest and most complex event you'll ever plan (until you plan your daughter's!), and having access to the kind of professional guidance available just for the price of a book is the best investment you can make if you don't choose to use the services of a wedding planner.

My second most important piece of advice is to enjoy the process, not stress over trying to make everything perfect. Perfection is impossible to achieve, and holding yourself and everybody else involved to that standard puts undue stress on everyone.

I tell my brides that if, at the end of the day, you're married, you've accomplished your goal. And when things go wrong (and they will), those are the things that make great stories to tell to your grandchildren!

Best wishes!

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com

Guest July 27, 2011
Check for wedding packages...Most of them include ceremony site, reception, photography, bouquets and more. Also, you can search for destination packages which include ceremony, reception AND you're already at your honeymoon destination. smile Good luck!
dc.gr723078
dc.gr723078
that's a really good idea, most country clubs have beautiful picture backgrounds too! Thank you =)

landmarkevents2010 wrote:
I would suggest contacting your local country clubs in your local area or the area you have chosen to get married in. Most couuntry clubs are open to the public for receptions and in most cases have an onsite garden area for cerermonies. If you shop around enough I'm sure you'll find a venue within your price range. Most country clubs also include linen and chair covers in their price packages. I would suggest to stay away from hotel banquet rooms and offsite ceremony locations if you're on a budget, you don't need to be spending for transportation between those locations...

I hope this information was helpful.

We are a event and wedding planning company located in Los Angeles, CA. If you have any questions we would be more than happy to assist you. Give us a call at 562-445-4864 or visit us online at www.landmarkeventdesigners.com

Landmark Event Designers Team
exqui688411
exqui688411
a1squeak wrote:
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

Where are you located? I have a photographer/videographer whom I highly recommend.
teach726592
teach726592
I am planning my son's wedding reception in November and I can't find a venue. They are getting married in Mexico and my husband and I cannot afford to attend. We want to host a reception when they get back. I live in the Tulsa, OK area. If anyone has any ideas on a tight budget please let me know.dunno
dc.gr723078
dc.gr723078
Anyone know of a inexpensive floral shop for a wedding bouquet in Brookings Oregon? the wedding is in 7 days thanks ahead of time!!
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
If you can't find any place local, try 1800flowers.com. I've used them for many long-distance flowers and arrangements for gifts, and they've been great. You can also order wedding flowers online. Check them out....
kathi773733
kathi773733
Getting married less then a week and still don't have anyone to marry us or a place to have it or the reception in the Des Moines-Ankeny, Iowa area.. on a very tight budget and will only have 15 people max attending.. if anyone can help, it'll be greatly appreciated.. thanks
busyn774174
busyn774174
I agree thats the cheapes most affordable way to do it. HoweveT, My sister got married at a close venue club in her town it was only 50 dollars. She only had close friends and family there about... 30 people there it was nice to know everyone!!! everyone brought food just like a potluck. They had there cake made cheap and we all pitched to decorate the hall.Also, her and her husband downloaded there own music on to the laptop and everyone pitched in to downloaded or uploaded there music of choice. She hired a minister justice of the peace to marry them, also had other to take pictures and video tape the whole reception. Her budget wa super cheap spent most of the money on rings.
jared774285
jared774285
i'm getting married in April 2012. I need to find a place to get married at somewhere between bothell and arlington wa. it needs to be an inside location and allow outside catering. i will have about 150 people there. i'm so lost on how to go about finding the place. i have looked at so many places everything is so expensive. can anyone help?
DrRonShapiro
DrRonShapiro
Hi Jared,
Have you checked municipal recreation centers, civic groups, colleges/universities, religious institutions? How about summer camps that have dining areas that can be heated? Many of these organizations will rent space for a fraction of what a "wedding chapel/hall" or hotel banquet facility would cost.

Ron
Roanld G. Shapiro, PhD
Education by Entertainment

Guest November 14, 2011
I just recently got engaged with a wedding date for oct 31, 2012. unfortunately my fiance's family is enormous and even if we didn't invite half of them, they'd still show up. i don't want our wedding to turn into an episode of "cops" so we're simply planning to accomadate a huge reception. we're getting plenty of help from family including the cake, cooking/food (what do you think of a "tour of italy" with salad? i love italian food!), plenty of family who have volunteered to be DJs, and finanacial help with my dress. pretty much the largest expenses my fiance and i have to pay for is the rings, venue, and photographer. am i missing anything? and what do you guys think?
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
kathi.quintana wrote:
Getting married less then a week and still don't have anyone to marry us or a place to have it or the reception in the Des Moines-Ankeny, Iowa area.. on a very tight budget and will only have 15 people max attending.. if anyone can help, it'll be greatly appreciated.. thanks

Call your county courthouse and ask if there are any retired judges or justices of the peace that perform weddings. That's how we found our officiant 23 years ago.

For just 15 people. see if you can find a community room in a local apartment complex you can rent. Call your local parks & recreation office to see if they have a facility. There's also the Elks Club, VFW, American Legion -- they often have places to rent. Hospitals often have a chapel available, or there may be one at a local college that's available. I just married a couple in a library -- they have small meeting rooms you can use if you're a resident. You can also see if a local restaurant has a private room where you can hold both your ceremony and reception. We have several local hotels here that have meeting rooms available to rent -- for your size guest list, you may be able to find something at a local hotel in your area that will work.

Good luck!

Marti Barton, Officiant
http://www.joyfulpromises.com

Guest June 28, 2012
Would it be a good idea to get a <a href="http://www.ryelimousineservice.com">limo service</a> for the bride and groom? I want it to be a good experience, but sometimes that can get expensive. Anyone recommend one way or the other?

Guest June 28, 2012
hey all! im new here but planning a wedding shortly, @ 1 month away. I need some ideas on a place where is relativly not expensive but kinda like has a package sorta thing. i wanna have the ceremony and reception at the same place which im sure will help with expenses. im not into real fancy stuff. very simple yet elegant with southern taste and charm. i live in rome GA, would consider having calhoun be a near by city for location as well. if any ideas or youd like to give me some advice i would so appreciate it!~ text me with ideas if youd like or can help. thanks Karen....southern bride to be. 706-409-7075
rkdph801746
rkdph801746
S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?

Some photographers allow your guests to give toward your wedding package as a vendor whom you are "registered" with. You let your friends and family know that you are registered at Target, Lowe's, Tiffany's, and XYZ photo. They give a gift in your name, and then the photographer lets you know who gave, and how much, so that you can send an appropriate "thank you" note. It works best for couples who don't need the toasters, towels, sheets, etc. and for those who get out the word. If your photographer doesn't, ask if they will. It is a win-win, and no brainer for them. We've done it for years.
amgau930451
amgau930451
I am looking for an awesome reception hall for a wedding in New Orleans at an affordable price 3,500 or below who allows outside catering. Any suggestions?

Guest May 14, 2013
I recommend FairyLens.com professional wedding photography. They are professionals and they have many different packages for your special day.

Guest May 14, 2013
Try this link http://fairylens.com

Guest May 15, 2013
Most any wedding vendor will give you a discount if:
1. The wedding is not on a Saturday.
2. The wedding date is a few weeks to a month or so out.
3. You ask for the discount.

I do. www.DaltonPhoto.com
Fun casual poses, candids, and elegant, all wrapped into one photographer.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: