ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

ideas for cheapest wedding Messages in this topic - RSS

rambl403507
rambl403507
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas
wanna403673
wanna403673
im having the same problem but i just moved my date up
Adenn406453
Adenn406453
how do you even start to find a place?
about254816
about254816
You can do what you want but I have my brides do their guest list first - you need to know how big a space you need before you decide where to look. You also need some type of budget as well. What is your vision for the day?
about254812
about254812
Places on a budget - try city park pavillions. Most have electrice & bathrooms, trash service and parking. Most have good photo ops and a place for the kids to play. You can save money with catering a park theme. BBQ is usually affordable or family doable too.
djvet317514
djvet317514
dont forget to look for a good DJ so taht you and everyone in your reception/party dont ever forget that you had the best wedding ever... DJ Veterano Austin TX 512-775-8634
tkcameron
tkcameron
Check catering prices carefully, and ask everyone you talk to for referrals.
bride2bmomof52b
bride2bmomof52b
if you have a buffet style reception that will bring down the price. also you can look at having it on a friday or sunday
landmarkevents2010
landmarkevents2010
I would suggest contacting your local country clubs in your local area or the area you have chosen to get married in. Most couuntry clubs are open to the public for receptions and in most cases have an onsite garden area for cerermonies. If you shop around enough I'm sure you'll find a venue within your price range. Most country clubs also include linen and chair covers in their price packages. I would suggest to stay away from hotel banquet rooms and offsite ceremony locations if you're on a budget, you don't need to be spending for transportation between those locations...

I hope this information was helpful.

We are a event and wedding planning company located in Los Angeles, CA. If you have any questions we would be more than happy to assist you. Give us a call at 562-445-4864 or visit us online at www.landmarkeventdesigners.com

Landmark Event Designers Team
GailKing
GailKing
Believe it or not a wedding on a yacht can bring down the price. With a yacht you need far less money on flowers and decorations and you have the added bonus of a captivated audience for 4 hours or so. You will be surprised at the cost for a wedding on a private luxury yacht that includes full dinner service and open bar.
Contact for further info at 305.758.2500 or email gail@americanyacht.net
We cover Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and New York weddings......
bride2bmomof52b
bride2bmomof52b
how much do you usually charge?GailKing wrote:
Believe it or not a wedding on a yacht can bring down the price. With a yacht you need far less money on flowers and decorations and you have the added bonus of a captivated audience for 4 hours or so. You will be surprised at the cost for a wedding on a private luxury yacht that includes full dinner service and open bar.
Contact for further info at 305.758.2500 or email gail@americanyacht.net
We cover Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and New York weddings......

Guest April 15, 2010
We got married in my mom's backyard, and the reception was a potluck! our musician friends played and sang as a gift. another friend took photos. all had a wonderful time, and very affordable, only paid the minister and tent rental.
S_Kre412553
S_Kre412553
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?
kari138509
kari138509
Hi Ladies! I own Inside Out Catering, and I would love to talk to each of you on ways to save money. I have many many ideas for you that are very cost effective.
When you decide to go with my catering services, you automatically get free event planning, and the use of my decorations for free!! So you are saving a ton of money on your decorations!!
Feel free to check out my website at www.insideoutcatering.net, and to give me a call. My number is 616-350-2669, or 616-675-4644. I would love to help each and every one of you to save money on your big day!
bride2bmomof52b
bride2bmomof52b
try a feelance photographer they work within your budget. Thats what im doing. I just found a great one in the NJ area!S_Kreder wrote:
I am looking for a good photographer for our wedding. But our budget doesent allow for the usual photographer prices. Does anyone have any ides on how we can get good photos of our wedding and wedding party while saving money?
landmarkevents2010
landmarkevents2010
Hello Kari,
We are an event planning company in Los Angeles. You may want to contact a few of your local Photography schools or colleges in your area for student photographers (not necessarily young kids...some are older students). You can request for samples of their work and usually most are building their portfolio. BUT remember you're not hiring professionals...you're concern is budget.

We hope this information was helpful. If you have any other questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Landmark Event Designers Team
www.landmarkeventdesigners.com
S_Kreder wrote:
justi413674
justi413674
kari wrote:
Hi Ladies! I own Inside Out Catering, and I would love to talk to each of you on ways to save money. I have many many ideas for you that are very cost effective.
When you decide to go with my catering services, you automatically get free event planning, and the use of my decorations for free!! So you are saving a ton of money on your decorations!!
Feel free to check out my website at www.insideoutcatering.net, and to give me a call. My number is 616-350-2669, or 616-675-4644. I would love to help each and every one of you to save money on your big day!

Hi could you tell me what areas u cater to.
a1squ414320
a1squ414320
S_Kreder wrote:
a1squ414320
a1squ414320
I don't know where you live, but Haley Kruse Photographer is exceptional. You can go to her website, check it out!!!!!!!!!

Guest April 19, 2010
I know of a unique place for small weddings in Seminole County Florida.
danvillehangar.com
flowe200292
flowe200292
Save alot of money, you could do silk flowers. 1/2 the price of having real flowers.

Guest April 19, 2010
elpoe to las vegas
Tweet415908
Tweet415908
Hi, I just converted into judiasm and my boyfriend and I would like to have a small religious, kosher wedding, in appx 3 months because we already booked a trip to Puerto Rico in July, and want to use that as a honeymoon. Its a max of 100 guests, so.... We really arent trying to spend too much because we're saving for our first home. Any help would be really appreciated
Denee367823
Denee367823
go to rentco they have cheap tent rentals and then all you need to do is find a feild or a backyard then rain or shine you have a cheap wedding and a beautiful venue smile
shumm419077
shumm419077
Hello, My fiance and I are getting married this August and I still have alot of planning to do! I'm reading through all of your comments but I'm noticing everyone is posting in the states! I'm looking for places and flowers ect.. in CANADA can anyone help me out?!

Guest April 24, 2010
anybody have any cost effective ideas for a Charlotte, NC wedding? the silk flowers wer a great idea! i really would like an outside wedding however im wondering if i should have some sort of sheer covering only because i plan on having a summer wedding. Open to suggestions

Guest April 26, 2010
For those looking at affordable freelance photography, go to my site at: www.photosbyessence.com to get professional photography at affordable prices. We can travel to nearly any location with minimal travel fees. Go to the Contact Us page and email your inquiry! Our wedding packages range from $600-$900. Expect quick responses on availability!

Guest April 27, 2010
IS THERE ANY WEDDING PLANNERS IN XENIA,OHIO

Guest April 28, 2010
book a brunch wedding, this should save ALOT of money!
desir422528
desir422528
Adenn78 wrote:
how do you even start to find a place?

personally for me i have been looking on the internet for places underneath the city you want to be married in, is my suggestion
themc423991
themc423991
A really good place to look is craigslist!!!
t_mys423443
t_mys423443
I started out by getting a book on budget weddings and going to going on DIY wedding sites. The very first thing I learned besides that there is a ton of helpful info at your library and online is that the biggest factors that effects budget is the number of guests you invite and location. I'm only inviting 35 guests and I'm visiting a winery on Tuesday. I'm hopeful after talking to them that I will be able to get a beautiful and affordable venue for my small intimate wedding.

Guest April 30, 2010
Need to find cheap venue place but nice in kent puyallup area

Guest May 1, 2010
If planning a wedding in East TN, Tri-Cities Area, The Comfort Inn in Greeneville TN offers COMPLETE Turn Key Weddings
3 Packages to choose from, each package includes:
The Banquet Rooms
The caterer,DJ/MC, Floral and Decor,Photographer,Wedding Cake, Minister,Limo Service,Wedding Coordinator and more!
You write one check, to cover all the vendors included in your package. Easy Payment Plans available!!
20% deposit due at contract signing, payment plans or pay balance in full 2 wks before your date.
You just show up in your dress with your groom and say "I DO" we handle the rest!

We travel too! Upto 100 miles from Greeneville, TN

Guest May 1, 2010
Looking for a place, cheap, barn, out door setting in Tragalar IN..for a Fall wedding 2011?
baby_425160
baby_425160
mines going to be a potluck in my parents back yard we're just going to go home after the wedding because we live 30 minutes away. i'm not doing flowers except the brides bouquet but if i did i think i would just grow my own. i'm just going to come up with a playlist and play it from my i pod through my dads speakers. i'm also only sending formal invitations to immediate family the rest get to know on facebook or through word of mouth. we're also going to make a cake so everyone will get some just to be sure. there are alot of places where you can cut your budget.
baby_425160
baby_425160
shummel89 wrote:
Hello, My fiance and I are getting married this August and I still have alot of planning to do! I'm reading through all of your comments but I'm noticing everyone is posting in the states! I'm looking for places and flowers ect.. in CANADA can anyone help me out?!

hey i'm in canada if you're in alberta or anywhere for that matter look in small towns around you at the prices of renting their community halls or arenas most places rent them out for pretty cheap in the country.
lscak239372
lscak239372
L's Cakery
Dubuque Iowa
WWW.lscakery.com
check us out
Jacki426958
Jacki426958
No idea on the location, as I'm in PA. However, I wanted to let you know our idea. We're having a HUGE wedding (400-600 people guest list). We're having our wedding in the early afternoon, then taking a 3hr break between the wedding and reception. We are not serving dinner at the wedding (most boring part anyway), but the 3hr break allows for people to grab dinner wherever they like. We are only serving finger foods at the reception with the cake. Our money is being dumped into the fun and important stuff: open bar, photography/videography, dj, etc.

Guest May 4, 2010
Anyone know of any great websites... about homemade wedding decorations? or any cheapest way to decorate?
you can email me at sefckonisenta@hotmail.com
-& My set date is July 10, 2010
Bellaray3
Bellaray3
I have basicly no money for my wedding next year. I have a Greandmother willing to let me use her big feild next to her house. But also 2 websites that have helped are: Projectwedding.com and do-it-yourself-weddings.com They have really low budget idea that are really great if u change them a bit to fit your style!
alkop273784
alkop273784
www.myframedphoto.combride2bmomof52b wrote:
try a feelance photographer they work within your budget. Thats what im doing. I just found a great one in the NJ area!S_Kreder wrote:
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Cheapest Wedding:
The first thing you should do is see if there are any landmark properties in your area. Sometimes an old library or museum or local Knights of Columbus and even some local churches would have party rental space. They are usually reasonable to rent and do work with food vendors that would save you money. For a price, you could just rent the space, and usually they have tables, a bar and/or stage set up for a dj or band. you just have to buy decor, get a caterer, a cake and can buy your own liquor and hire a bartender (very much recommended) or just serve a variety of wine beer and get decorative copper buckets and put old-fashioned soda pop bottles and glass beer bottles in them. think of your colors and theme. if you can't afford a caterer, see if you can get 10 famiy members to each make a tray or two of a particular dish. one can do baked chicken and veggies; another a rice and potatoe dish; another salad, garlic bread and appetizers. you can also buy party food at Costco or BJ's which sell in quantities: finger sandwiches, appetizers, sweets and the like. for accessories and decor, i love this site:
www.orientaltrading.com

for wedding invitations, this is the nicest and the most economical and you can get a "send and seal" invite which is lovely and economical without a separate reception card. They also have many other bridal accessories:

http://www.annsbridalbargains.com/home.jsp
do a search for wedding supplies you wish from these sites and you can get just about everything you need without breaking the bank. Have two or three of your friends as your designated photographers and later, you can order a wedding book at CVS, or another drug/variety store in your area. Here's my fav for great wedding attire:

http://www.lilywedding.com/

good luck and give a call if you need further assistance.
Lise
liseramos@msn.com
212-928-6572
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
Good luck!
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
S_Kreder wrote:

Hey friends, where do you live? If you are in the NYC-tristate area, I can get you a nice package for about $700 which includes a disc of over 100 enhanced photos, 100 thank you's and 25 mini-posters, with a shot of your entire bridal party and parents. Give a call if you are in my area: Lise' Ramos at 212-928-6572 (www.mybelovedwedandart.com)
FlavorYourFavors
FlavorYourFavors
I agree with Aboutthepix~you would first need to start with your guest list to determine what size space you will need, then depending on where you are from, you may want to just have a beautiful backyard wedding, rent chairs, a gazebo and have it catered (or someone cook). And to spice up you theme and thank your guest, purchase party favors at Flavor Your Favors - http://www.flavoryourfavors.com, they have an awesome array of party favors and gifts for any budget.

Good luck!
vermo429812
vermo429812
I am trying to plan a rehersal dinner for my son's wedding in October. I have a very limited budget, but there will be only 20-25 people at the dinner. I would prefer a buffet style and I may be able to use a private home for th venue. This is taking place near the Manassas, VA area close to Upperville, VA. If anyone has suggetions on venues or caterers in that area, I'd appreciate it. Sandra
mysti430031
mysti430031
bride2bmomof52b wrote:
if you have a buffet style reception that will bring down the price. also you can look at having it on a friday or sunday

I am not so sure a buffet style dinner will bring the price down..i was quoted $800.00 for a buffett style dinner...that is a crazy price for 100 people.
mysti430031
mysti430031
ramblingrose137 wrote:
getting married in 2011 and need ideas on cheap hall rentals in skowhegan maine any ideas

I want a buffet style dinner and i was quoted $800.00 for 100 people..can someone tell me if that sounds about right. The main course would be pot roast and then sides as salads such as potato salad, pasta salad, and side salad.
myfra302964
myfra302964
It is too expensive. I found onw guy he can do it for a lot less.

Guest May 10, 2010
I live in Winnipeg CANADA and am planning a cheap wedding. I have my flowers done in silk (excellent keepsake) they were done at Domenica's 1-204-885-3665. She also makes real flowers and does hairstyling. I am having my ceremony at he Assiniboine Park Conservatory. No need to purchase decorating since it holds all the plants and flowers but they only allow 30 people including your wedding party. It is very cheap venue to book. I am very lucky for connections as well. My reception is at my farm with catering (very casual) we own classic cars for transportation, my dress was from 7th ave fashions under $300 (depends on your style of course) I have my flower girls (four of them) dress hand made by a relative who is excellent with a sewing machine. My bridesmaid (only one) has bought her own dress and shoes. So far I have paid out just under $800.00 Still looking for a photographer but have a connection of a person just starting out. Some people have an amazing eye but I do stress if you can afford a professional if anything at all. I do still have a small handful of things to get done but all in all we are ready.
1234 ..12

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: