looking for B2B pals (bride to be) Messages in this topic - RSS

looking for B2B pals (bride to be) Messages in this topic - RSS

AndiC
AndiC
Hi there!

I am a bride to be in Brampton,Ontario and am looking for some fellow brides to be who want to chat, share, unload, whine, cry, complain, laugh, give and get ideas,suggestions...whatever!! This way, I will be talking to people who are in the same boat as me and also reduce the possibility of driving my non marriage minded friends up the wall with my incessant wedding chatter! Good luck ladies! (my wedding is planned for Sept 24/2011)
shabe406464
shabe406464
Well let me first say congratulation's to your unity...i will be getting married May 27, 2011 in MIAMI,FL.....this is my first marriage im a little scared any advice
AndiC
AndiC
Hi there! Thank you very much and Congratulations to you as well!! A Miami wedding huh? Sounds wonderful! Are you doing a beach wedding or indoors?
As for advice for you... I would love to flourish you with my words of wisdom, but unfortunately it would be a bit like the blind leading the blind as this is my first time too!! lol.
I'm pretty nervous too, and the list of things I need to do before the big day seems to get bigger with each passing day...Aren't "to do" lists supposed to get shorter?? lol

Are you having a theme for your wedding?

Happy planning

Andi
aocon426876
aocon426876
hi girls my wedding date is 9/10/11 in key west fl. this is both of ours first marrige and i had no clue how much it takes to start planning most people say to start planning 12 months out if i did that i would run out of time. i agree to-do list should get shorter my has been increasing every day for the last week..
have fun good luck
thebu424769
thebu424769
ladies, mine is set for may 12, 2012! and boy, am i scared! one, b/c it's my first one and two, b/c i will do most of it alone. he's active duty in the army.
Bellaray3
Bellaray3
Wow lookslike alot of us are May brides! I'm doing the deed May 7th, 2011!! Congrats Girls!!! Wow Burch I can't beleive your doing this alone.. My mom's awesome w/ helping.. And my oldest child (my only girl) is 7 so she has all kinds of things to say lol..
thebu424769
thebu424769
Bellaray3 wrote:
Wow lookslike alot of us are May brides! I'm doing the deed May 7th, 2011!! Congrats Girls!!! Wow Burch I can't beleive your doing this alone.. My mom's awesome w/ helping.. And my oldest child (my only girl) is 7 so she has all kinds of things to say lol..

Yeah, I am. He's trying to help but with school and focusing on the army, it's hard. I'm always picking out things and getting his opinion. Plus I don't want him worrying so much since he has this deployment coming up.
Bellaray3
Bellaray3
theburchs86 wrote:
Bellaray3 wrote:

Yeah, I am. He's trying to help but with school and focusing on the army, it's hard. I'm always picking out things and getting his opinion. Plus I don't want him worrying so much since he has this deployment coming up.

it'll work is way out at least your giving yourself lots of time!
thebu424769
thebu424769
Bellaray3 wrote:
theburchs86 wrote:
Bellaray3 wrote:

Thanks!!!

it'll work is way out at least your giving yourself lots of time!
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
AndiC wrote:
Hi there!

I am a bride to be in Brampton,Ontario and am looking for some fellow brides to be who want to chat, share, unload, whine, cry, complain, laugh, give and get ideas,suggestions...whatever!! This way, I will be talking to people who are in the same boat as me and also reduce the possibility of driving my non marriage minded friends up the wall with my incessant wedding chatter! Good luck ladies! (my wedding is planned for Sept 24/2011)
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Dear Brides to Be! A wedding is an exciting time and a milestone in your lives. You've left behind your childhood and embarking on a new adventure with your sweetheart! So, chatter away. I do suggest a wedding "planner" or wedding "confident". There are people who you can call to get advice for a small fee who will take the time to give you ideas, send you links and refer you to services such as photography and videography, where to buy great bridal and bridesmaids dresses, bands, dj's, etc. I would start with the following:

1) date/season
2) how many guests
3) theme: beach? black tie? informal? BBQ bash? Destination? Formal wedding hall? Hotel elegance? Rooftop or gallery? decide where you want the wedding and where you want the reception.

4) colors would also determine your theme. what are your favorite colors? pink can be passe', and chocolate and tiffany blue or black and white damask, or citrus colors like bright orange and lime green. Purple, fuschia and red ... These are the new fab colors! Give this some thought.

5) Budget: who is paying? are your parents or other famiy members chipping in? how much could you afford? the average wedding is about $18,000. Obviously, the larger the amount of guest, the more you have to pay for it. Cakes start at about $800 for about 80-100 people, so consider that. You may also, want to get a small cake to cut and offer a dessert table with cupcakes, petit fours, and other pasties and candies instead, for about the same cost. a chocolate fountain with dipping treats is always a favorite. this is fun and the guest like to help themselves.

Hope this helps and I do offer a free initial consultation. You can email or call!

Best,
Lise'
212-928-6572
liseramos@msn.com
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
ladyv119809
ladyv119809
Hello,
I'm getting married on October 27, 2012 this is my 3rd marriage and his first. Our theme is Enchanted Evening with a Twilight feel, just have planning your wedding and try not to stress out about it. I am juggling college and our wedding but my Fiance' is such a help with all of the planning.
dcsbr439095
dcsbr439095
Hi. I'm a first time bride with a wedding date of December 18, 2010. We are doing a destination wedding. Anyone have any experience with the Biltmore Estate? Are they outrageously priced?

We are having an intimate wedding (20-25 people) and want to give them a little "getaway" during our marriage. Anyone else doing an "all inclusive" marriage? I'm thinking of renting out an Inn and getting married in a chapel nearby. Any thoughts?
Jcorn433397
Jcorn433397
I'm also a first time bride...my date was 9/10/11 but have found out that it happens to coincide with the biggest football game in iowa...the iowa vs iowa state game, and since my family is very sports-minded, and I want my day to be focused on my fiance and I...I'm having to change my date...looking at 6/25/11, but still not sure...trying to balance being cold and too hot, not an easy task...I haven't done anything yet as I was planning on having a september wedding, and now potentially moving it up three months is making me feel very short on time...I have nothing and am quite restless about it...especially when my fiance's only thought is "Tell me when to show up and what to wear"...he's really easy going and I'm not really great at making decisions...this wedding thing is not as easy as I thought it would be!

Guest May 21, 2010
Hi there ladies,
So here I am, a month and a half into my wedding planning. What do I have to say about the whole experience up to now?? HOW THE HECK DID ANYONE PLAN A WEDDING BEFORE THERE WAS INTERNET???? lol... Seriously, I am thinking about having my laptop surgically attached to my lap, this will be a real time saver I think!

I think I have been doing pretty good if all the checklists that you can find online are accurate. According to them, I have nothing more to do until 8 months before my wedding. Being that my wedding is September 24, 2011..that means my schedule is all clear until February! (yeah, right)

Here is my accomplishments list:

Chose Venue
Chose Theme
Chose Church
Chose Dress
Chose Bridal Party
Chose Food
Chose DJ
Chose Cake and Cake Baker
Made appt with florist
Haven't settled on Invitation style but got some ideas
Can't decide on favours, but have 4 in the running.
Chose bridal party gifts
Chose limo
Chose photographer
Haven't settled on decorations yet
Haven't settled on Brides Maids dresses yet or guys tux styles.

So there it is. Not too shabby for a first timer huh? So to Jcornwell86, there is hope! Surf your little heart out and get emailing and quote requesting!

Lets all keep updating on our progress, I think it will be fun to see how we all progress as the big DAY approaches!

Good luck and best wishes to our little B2B family!
AndiC
AndiC
The above post is from me...didn't realize I wasn't signed in...,

Cheers!!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
shabeba_mcdonald wrote:
Well let me first say congratulation's to your unity...i will be getting married May 27, 2011 in MIAMI,FL.....this is my first marriage im a little scared any advice

keep the lines of communication open. Plan at least once a month to get with the ladies of your bridal party. Let him get with the guys once a month. The biggest thing you can do for each other, is at least once a month, go on a date with each other. Where did you go on your first date? Go there. My first date was to a bar and watch the superbowl game.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
dcsbride wrote:
Hi. I'm a first time bride with a wedding date of December 18, 2010. We are doing a destination wedding. Anyone have any experience with the Biltmore Estate? Are they outrageously priced?

We are having an intimate wedding (20-25 people) and want to give them a little "getaway" during our marriage. Anyone else doing an "all inclusive" marriage? I'm thinking of renting out an Inn and getting married in a chapel nearby. Any thoughts?
If you are going to Biltmore, better be planning a PLATIUM WEDDING. They are so outragous but look at what you are getting for that price. Your better off doing it at an inn or a local hotel for your wedding and reception.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
Okay ladies, this is my and my fiance's second marriage. And the last. I had no say so when it came to my first. I have a lot of say so on this one. My wedding day is set for June 25, 2011. I am so nervous because we have the venue, a dj, a professional photographer, videographer, not quite there yet with an officiant. I only got one reply. I am doing the centerpieces myself. But I am also getting party favors and things for the ceremony. We are paying for all of this ourselves.
anton462703
anton462703
IM PLANNIG MY WEDDING EARLY SO IT CAN BE LESS STRESSFUL. BUT MY WEDDING DAT IS MAY 11 2013
Hkemp143243
Hkemp143243
im a july 10 2010 bride 2 weeks and still so much to do
myiandfa2011
myiandfa2011
Hi and congrats....Any words for some one planning by herself? I am having a west palm beach wedding in july of 2011(indoor) and I don't want it to be.....whats the word NUTTS! I want to have fun with it, but sometimes I get so frustrated because all my family and friends are in other towns or out of state upset and I have no friends here because I moved here to be with the love of my life and he helps as much as he can but this is not really a man thing ( but he loves to help). Any words of insperration for me wink!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
antonettecox95 wrote:
IM PLANNIG MY WEDDING EARLY SO IT CAN BE LESS STRESSFUL. BUT MY WEDDING DAT IS MAY 11 2013

Wow! At least your are getting an early start. Congrats. What are your wedding plans already?
myiandfa2011
myiandfa2011
well I know where I'm getting my dress and the girls dresses, the grooms tux and his men. I don't have a venue but thats what I've been working on, and some cater. I do have a budget 15k to 20K not with the honeymoon. I'm not going to stress I want to have fun with it, this means a lot to me. How about yourself? And do you have any suggestions?
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
Get ready to stress because of the venue, something always happens to where something is going to happen. Right now I am stressing about the finances of the wedding. I did a wedding budget on line, it is almost $7,000. My wedding budget was $5,000. The honeymoon was $5,000. So now I have no idea. I did get some free items locally. I went to garage sales and got some things for the wedding. I made my own guest book. I am stressing because I had to buy another wedding dress because my first one got ruined. And also what I am really stressing about is the guest list. I have invited co-workers, family, and close friends. We are doing this ourselves.
myiandfa2011
myiandfa2011
Poor baby...Well my budget is really 5k more just incase. and our area has 80 venues thats why it's so hard to choose. I'm so sorry you are stressing, I have a little thing going where I try to get one thing done a month and it is working, I am so trying to be stress free. I also did not add the honeymoon budget with the wedding budget. I pray your day be full of joy and happiness good luck.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
Where are you located? I'm in new york. The theme of our wedding is a beach theme. Do you have any ideas?
myiandfa2011
myiandfa2011
I am in west palm beach florida, and I'm having a princess theme because I have truely found my prince.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
There are so many cake toppers with your theme that I have just found on line. I am still stressing out about the wedding because of there are so many things that I have forgotten about. I can't believe how hard it is to find a beach theme aisle runner get that personalized with our names and wedding date, and a small saying on it without costing almost $500!
pammi463918
pammi463918
to the one looking for B2B pals (bride to be)---I know your stress... I have untill August 14, 2010... It still has some fun days...lol But I am glad there are those who can relate to my issues... I miss sanity... Hopefully it gets to come back to me..SOON... I hope your planning is successful... Mine got shakey at a few points... Like 2 weeks ago, when the minister at the church we were going to be married in, came over to talk to me about a scheduling conflict... It was paid for and everything, and he brings me a check back for the exact amout that I had paid his church, and said that the church secretary had made a mistake in the calendar, and that the weekend of 8-14-2010, their sanctuary will be under construction for a remodeling on it... Fine time to tell me huh... 8.5 weeks from the wedding he tells me this, when I paid him 6 months ago.. But I hope yours goes very smooth...
marga465695
marga465695
Hi there ladies! First of all Congradulations!!!

I just got engaged this last Christmas and am already deep in the pains of planning a wedding. I am trying to plan on across a very large ocean. My curch and family is in Calfiornia and his is in England. This has not been easy and it just seems to keep getting hard. My sister and mother who are in the USA right now have somewhat taken over the planning and keep taking from the wedding rather than putting things in. So far the only thing they are letting me keep is my colors and HTB lol. They even negotiated themselves out of my photographer! If any of you have any suggestions on how to get married in Southern California on a 5000$ budget let me know because all these cooks in my kitchen so to speak is really taking the fun out of it!
marga465695
marga465695
sbarnhart1974 wrote:
There are so many cake toppers with your theme that I have just found on line. I am still stressing out about the wedding because of there are so many things that I have forgotten about. I can't believe how hard it is to find a beach theme aisle runner get that personalized with our names and wedding date, and a small saying on it without costing almost $500!

Have you thought about purchasing an Isle Runner from a bridal shop or perhaps making your own from fabric and then getting it personalized at Things Remembered? http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Home_10001_9951

might be a tid bit pricey but I think it should be less than 500$

Guest June 30, 2010
Ooo Isle runners scare me. What if you trip or some one else trips on it?
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
I'm back at square one with my venue. I am about to go to a park, have the wedding there, and do all the cooking ourselves, but the cake is going to be catered.
taras464855
taras464855
Hey! I would love some advice and help with planning my wedding. this is mine and my fiance's first marriages and we are so very excited! The wedding date is Dec. 17th 2011! would love to have any advice!!
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
make your own centerpieces. Have fake flowers for the bouquets. It is cheaper.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
tarascott323 wrote:
Hey! I would love some advice and help with planning my wedding. this is mine and my fiance's first marriages and we are so very excited! The wedding date is Dec. 17th 2011! would love to have any advice!!

Once a month go out with the ladies of your bridal party. Let him do the same. keep the lines of communication open. Let him vent about his job and do the same. the best thing to do is sit down for an hour and talk about your day and his.
jbubbles3413
jbubbles3413
We set our date for Feb. 19, 2011...and I have NOTHING! I get sooo wrapped up with work & month end....I really don't know where to start and with a small budget to top it off. so HELLLLPPP!!!!
faati463491
faati463491
Okay...I need some help pelease and congratulations to all the engagements. My fiance and I are both 19 years old. Our wedding is set for January 3, 2011 we have our hall, I have my dress, food is taken care of, honey moon is taken care of, and the cake is taken care of. I really need help with ideas for wedding favors, tux ideas, flower arrangements, table cloths, chair covers and sashes, and napkins. There will be about 175 guests and we are looking for the best deals. Can anyone help???
faati463491
faati463491
Oh and ceterpieces
faati463491
faati463491
jbubbles3413 wrote:
We set our date for Feb. 19, 2011...and I have NOTHING! I get sooo wrapped up with work & month end....I really don't know where to start and with a small budget to top it off. so HELLLLPPP!!!!

If you have a couple people in your family or friends who can cook very well ask the to cook for your wedding. Thats what we are doing. Also, look for a place where you can just rent out the hall alone without having to get their caterer.
AndiC
AndiC
pammiekay77 wrote:
to the one looking for B2B pals (bride to be)---I know your stress... I have untill August 14, 2010... It still has some fun days...lol But I am glad there are those who can relate to my issues... I miss sanity... Hopefully it gets to come back to me..SOON... I hope your planning is successful... Mine got shakey at a few points... Like 2 weeks ago, when the minister at the church we were going to be married in, came over to talk to me about a scheduling conflict... It was paid for and everything, and he brings me a check back for the exact amout that I had paid his church, and said that the church secretary had made a mistake in the calendar, and that the weekend of 8-14-2010, their sanctuary will be under construction for a remodeling on it... Fine time to tell me huh... 8.5 weeks from the wedding he tells me this, when I paid him 6 months ago.. But I hope yours goes very smooth...

OMG!!! I can't believe they did that to you!! What are you going to do? And I assume your invites have already been sent and everything right? Wow...that completely sucks! Good thing for him he is a man of the cloth and that it would be in bad taste to throttle him!!
AndiC
AndiC
faatin119 wrote:
Okay...I need some help pelease and congratulations to all the engagements. My fiance and I are both 19 years old. Our wedding is set for January 3, 2011 we have our hall, I have my dress, food is taken care of, honey moon is taken care of, and the cake is taken care of. I really need help with ideas for wedding favors, tux ideas, flower arrangements, table cloths, chair covers and sashes, and napkins. There will be about 175 guests and we are looking for the best deals. Can anyone help???

What is your theme? Are you having a winter theme? What colours are you having? TheKnot.com has some really great and reasonable priced favours as well as hundreds of great ideas. Check them out.

As for chair covers and sashes, what does your venue offer? I am using my venue's table cloths and chair covers and getting my chair sashes and table overlays from a party rental place. (Was cheaper and had more colour choices than my venue)
AndiC
AndiC
jbubbles3413 wrote:

First off...TAKE A DEEP BREATH...NOW SLOWLY EXHALE>>>repeat to yourself, everything will be ok...everything will be ok...lol

Secondly...I would say the most important things to get done quickly would be your guest list (so you know what kind of numbers you are looking at) and then find and book your venue, ceremony place, and your officiant. As you are getting married in what is considered "off season", this should save you quite a bit of cash with your vendors.

Do you have a theme in mind? Colours?
jbubbles3413
jbubbles3413
AndiC wrote:
jbubbles3413 wrote:

First off...TAKE A DEEP BREATH...NOW SLOWLY EXHALE>>>repeat to yourself, everything will be ok...everything will be ok...lol

Secondly...I would say the most important things to get done quickly would be your guest list (so you know what kind of numbers you are looking at) and then find and book your venue, ceremony place, and your officiant. As you are getting married in what is considered "off season", this should save you quite a bit of cash with your vendors.

Do you have a theme in mind? Colours?

Lol. Thanks! I have somewhat picked the colors. I know mocha/espresso is one and Idk on either to go with teal or dusty rose or just put all 3 together. We are halfway done with the guest list but with work and kids, its TOUGH. Im sure alot of the B2Bs understand that. BUT! I have been contacting venues during my breaks and getting quotes. To me I need to find a place first so I at least have that lol. Im open to ideas so feel free to email me here! GOOD LUCK to ALL!!! =D
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
margaret.carvotta wrote:
sbarnhart1974 wrote:

Have you thought about purchasing an Isle Runner from a bridal shop or perhaps making your own from fabric and then getting it personalized at Things Remembered? http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Home_10001_9951

might be a tid bit pricey but I think it should be less than 500$
No I didn't even think of that! Iwill give it a shot some weekend! Hopefully before 2 long.

Guest July 3, 2010
to sbarnhart1974-there is a place called oriental trading. it islocated in Nebraska, but you can goto orientaltrading.com and order onlinethere, or call them at 1-800-228-2269, and they will send yo acatalog. When they ask yo which one you want either saytheweding on, or yo canevenask that they send the all. I grew up half of my life in Iowa, thats how I knew of this. I am doing a "two hearts theme, and I was able to get most ofthe deco,and ALOT of favors there.My wedding guest list is around 315, and I only spent arond $250 for the favors, and another $150 dcorations... The have ALOT of theme wedding stuff, an looking through the wedding book tht I still have at a quick glance, I found about 4 pages for your beach theme alone.But if you call, ask for their big catalog too because there is seasonal stuff i there that thy dont include in the wedding book...most of the stuff you would order would be in bulk- EX:Personalized Beach Theme White Pails--$9.99 per DOZEN... its really cool, check it out and let me know if that helped...

Guest July 3, 2010
AndiC-- Actually, about 2 or 3 days afer he came to see me, my invites arrived, and they were completely wrong... So, since I dint have time to send them back, and wait for the corrected ones, I went ahead and sent them back, they gave me a FULL refund, plus a gift card for Bed, Bath, and Beyond. So I used less than 1/3 of that money that I had spent on invites any way, and I went to that wonderful place-- Wally World,and spent about $150 got some of the print your own invites.. And it works out because I like the new ones better, and I have about $1100- left over from invites and the church refund-that I can do what ever with.... And as far a him being a man of the cloth, that almost didnt matter-- I actually almost turned into that lovely "Bridezilla", but thank God for my soon to be mother in law being there. She attends alot of services at alot of different churches, and found one, and paid for it with in 3-4 hours.. I love that woman....
AndiC
AndiC
Pammiekay77 - That is the best turn-around story ever!! LOL Sound like you dodged that bullet of disaster quite beautifully! I'm so happy for you that it has all worked out (and for the better, I might add)

And in regards to your Mother in Law saving the day (and wedding)
With all the "Monster-In-Law" fiasco's out there, nice to know some of us are blessed with angels.
sbarn443751
sbarn443751
I have gone to oriental trading. I have gotten tons of magazines and internet offers. Great news for my wedding! BACK AT SQUARE ONE! I have no venue, no pastor, no caterer, and now no wedding date because of the other venues are already booked!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: