2nd wedding for both of us... Messages in this topic - RSS

2nd wedding for both of us... Messages in this topic - RSS

jamie638836
jamie638836
This is both my fiance's and my 2nd wedding. We have 5 kids together and want them to be our wedding party. My 3 boys standing by me and his 2 boys by him. Is this a good idea? Do you think this is wierd or tacky? Any suggestions will help. Thanks!
SanVicenteGolfResort
SanVicenteGolfResort
I think it's a wonderful way to blend two families into one. I wish you all the best, Janice Baldridge
recstudio
recstudio
as a wedding photographer i think it would be great... it will give your photographer a chance to get good shots.... ive seen this done at a few weddings in the past... its beautiful.
ndaugher
ndaugher
You are celebrating your new life together as a family. Don't worry about it being tacky (which it is not). This is a great way to show that you are ALL one beautiful family now.
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
I think it's a lovely way to include your kids in the process of becoming a family. One caveat: consider the ages of the children as you plan the kind of participation you want for them in your wedding. Keep it short and simple if the kids are young; older children can play a bigger part. Family vows that include the exchange of a token (such as a ring, medallion, or necklace, etc.) can be very touching.

It's your wedding -- do what feels right to you. Feel free to contact me if you'd like some guidance or need ideas: vows@joyfulpromises.com.

Best wishes,
Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
PartyPlannersPlus
PartyPlannersPlus
Never tacky! Bringing two families together makes such a beautiful wedding ceremony. Best wishes to you all.
Mackie
Mackie
There is nothing more fabulous than including the children in your wedding. What this does is symbolize the blending of the two families into one. As Joyful Promises said there are also ways to incorporate your children by using tokens. One of the most wonderful I have ever seen is a sand ceremony. It can be so meaningful and leaves you with a beautiful momento of the day!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!
~Mackie
Events by Mackie
http://www.eventsbymackie.com
mackie@eventsbymackie.com

Guest March 9, 2011
As a professional DJ for over 30 years I have booked over 1000+ weddings and witnessed everything you could imagine and this is all too common..........I would suggest to forget the traditional ceremony as no matter what you do someone's feelings will be hurt......concentrate on making the reception fun & comfortable for all which will be tough enough as the same goes for the formal dances!
kimbe644212
kimbe644212
I recently remarried and our kids made up our wedding party as well. My husband's son stood by him and my 2 daughters stood by me. I think it's a wonderful idea - it makes the kids realize how big a role they are playing in the event and how important they are to each of you. I don't think it's tacky at all!
I wish you and your fiance all the best!
Shell591254
Shell591254
i was recently at a wedding that had the children take part in the sand ceremony it was really nicely done and made them all feel like they were part of the family
MAGEvents
MAGEvents
I love the idea of family getting incorperated in the ceremony. Your kids are important to both of you and making the wedding a family event is important!
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
Jaime - This is great, but I would not separate them, splitting them up. The idea is that you are all a family together. Have them walk down the aisle before you do, in single file and they take the place by your husband, on a line.

During the ceremony, have your officiant announce a sand ceremony, whereby there are sands of different colors placed in bowls and each boy scoop up a bit of sand and pour them in the same vase (do eldest to youngest) and then you and your husband do the same last.

You should also have a necklace or pin medal to give each of them (check out crownawards.com for inexpensive pins and medals). They will feel like heros. The photos would be great and I think that they will feel a really large part of it.

Some links:
http://www.ido4ever.com/Wedding_Traditions_Customs.htm

http://www.crownawards.com/StoreFront/DOP.Custom_Medals.cat

Lise'
capicufilmarts@hotmail.com
www.mybelovedwedandart.com
DesertLightWeddings
DesertLightWeddings
jamiefunke wrote:
This is both my fiance's and my 2nd wedding. We have 5 kids together and want them to be our wedding party. My 3 boys standing by me and his 2 boys by him. Is this a good idea? Do you think this is wierd or tacky? Any suggestions will help. Thanks!

I think it is an excellent idea. Bringing two families together as one is very important. Having them all as a part of this wonderful day does exactly that. We recently did a wedding where the bride had a young daughter. She had an important role in walking down the aisle as part of the bridal party, stood with her mother and soon to be father, and then had her container of sand for the sand ceremony. It was beautiful and very touching. You could see how important this was to her.

Guest April 4, 2011
Seeking outside venue in the Denver area for a Polynesian Dinner show...wanting to have the event catered.
ToucheWeddingsEvents
ToucheWeddingsEvents
I feel this is a wonderful idea to incorporate your children into this special occasion. There is a great resource (The Family Medallion) that you may find helpful.

Touche' Weddings & Events. LLC
www.ToucheWeddings.com
babyg657216
babyg657216
Your situation is very similar to ours... My fiance and I are planning a wedding this fall. We're doing something small being a second wedding for both of us and we're planning on having the children in our wedding as well.. his daughter and son, and my son. I don't think it's tacky at all! Marriage is ALL ABOUT FAMILY and you will have your family right there with you every step through the day. I think it's the BEST and I can't wait for our special day!

Guest April 5, 2011
Good food plus a Good Band= successful event
david103
david103
Its wonderful idea dont change it. Happy marriage life

Guest April 13, 2011
That is great!Happiness to this new and big family!
Hudso668046
Hudso668046
Very modern day....i say do it...its your wedding celebrate it the way u want to remeber it.

Guest May 26, 2011
I don't think it's tacky at all! I think the most important thing to remember is that you're making a commitment to each other, and your family is all part of that. Especially your boys. I think you two should get <a href="http://www.staatsawards.com/products.cfm?catID=4">award plaques</a> or something for wanting to begin a new phase of life.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: