Poor responses to my responses to leads. Messages in this topic - RSS

Poor responses to my responses to leads. Messages in this topic - RSS

john543280john543280Posts: 1 February 13, 2011
As a photographer I'm responding to leads, but don't get very many folks reading my resp[onses. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Celia267624Celia267624Posts: 23 February 13, 2011
I personally don't think that the inquiries from here are qualified enough. I'm an officiant, and most of my leads are below by budget, but even when they are in my budget, I rarely get a response. Just my experience.
+1 link
BrevardMinisterBrevardMinisterPosts: 157 February 13, 2011
I have had the same experience as Celia. I don't know if couples are unwilling to pay reasonable rates for officiating or simply do not know what to indicate for the budget, but I too have noticed most leads expect to pay below my going rates. I'm considered quite reasonable for my area.

I have had a very low response rate for the leads I have purchased here. I cannot speculate why that might be, but it has been my experience. This is in comparison to other lead generating sites over at least a two or three year period.

Regards,
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
gvanschaickgvanschaickPosts: 1 February 13, 2011
As a photographer, I also find "0" response coming from EVENTECTIVE. I get the feeling that the leads are looking for CL pricing. I am also beginning th think that EVENTECTIVE just is not main stream yet so there are only a small number of potential B&G.

BrevardMinister wrote:
I have had the same experience as Celia. I don't know if couples are unwilling to pay reasonable rates for officiating or simply do not know what to indicate for the budget, but I too have noticed most leads expect to pay below my going rates. I'm considered quite reasonable for my area.

I have had a very low response rate for the leads I have purchased here. I cannot speculate why that might be, but it has been my experience. This is in comparison to other lead generating sites over at least a two or three year period.

Regards,
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
DrRonShapiroDrRonShapiroPosts: 348 February 13, 2011
Hi GVanSchaick,

Would you please define:
  • CL
  • B&G
as this is the first use of these terms in this forum.

Many thanks.

Ron
Education By Entertainment
Guest February 13, 2011
I have an invitation business and also event planner. I think this sight is looking more professional than it really is as a portal for people in the business. I too have purchased leads that were no responses. I think that something is not right and it is quite frankly crowding up my emails. I do not even bother purchasing leads anymore and the budgets that they post on here are not really worth my time or efforts.
jimphoenixjimphoenixPosts: 16 February 13, 2011
I agree! I wish people would actually respond to the ideas or the venues we refer to them.They don't get charged for the ideas we give them. It makes me wonder if someone makes up these events.
Guest February 13, 2011
I have been receiving leads from Eventective for about a year.
I am a photographer and out of 50 plus leads I have paid for I have only gotten 1 event and it was not a very profitable one.
I will not buy anymore leads from this site.
Jay C.
Guest February 13, 2011
LOL...and I thought it was just me. :-)
I try sending re-peat emails to them...still no response. I have decided to not spend any money in this direction. I have done Eventective for 2 years now before starting to stop just recently.
Guest February 13, 2011
CL = Craigslist
Angela804Angela804Posts: 1 February 13, 2011
Hi Celia (I'm also on WW).
I have had to request refunds several times. The brides here just don't respond to emails. It's very frustrating. They continue to offer advertising packages though. I wonder if they verify these people at all.
info157979info157979Posts: 26 February 13, 2011
Eventetive is like any other form of advertising. Not everyone who sees your ad / response is going to reply. I have purchased over 100 leads in the past year. I have booked 6 weddings. So I am hitting about 5%. Really, that is much better than I do with a newspaper ad. The cost of is quite frankly, negligible.Two dollars and fifty cents compared to the thousand or more per job? I spend more on coffee a day. The fact that I can request a refund is an extra bonus. I get a refund on all of my unresponsive leads. That means my costs have actually been closer to about 25 bucks for 6 paying jobs. Pretty darn good I would say.

It is also important that YOU follow up as well. If you make no effort to contact after the initial email or phone call you make, you are selling yourself short. At least try three times. If they say no the first time tell them you will check back in a few weeks just in case something goes wrong with their chosen service provider.This is basic salesmanship. Also, do not rely on Evenective alone. Use other sites, including your own website and Face Book. I am a photographer, however, this type of sales technique works for ANYTHING. I would also suggest reading some instructional / motivational sales books. A very basic one would be The Salesman's Handbook by CY Charney, and also Getting Inside Your Customer's Head by Kevin Davis.
info157979info157979Posts: 26 February 13, 2011
I just thought I should add one more thought. The budget that is listed by brides and grooms is quite often no where near what they are willing to pay. They usually have no real idea of the cost. It is up to you as the salesman to discover their needs and then offer the solution. The price should be the last thing you discuss before they say yes we will book you.
Xtreme22Xtreme22Posts: 1 February 13, 2011
I too am a little concerned with the lack of replies that I've received from my replies. I have only booked one event since I've joined. $2.50 is a little pricey when you are replying to 5-10 replies a week.

I belong to another event booking forum that only charges $1.00 for each inquiry that is a little more economical than $2.50.
MyBartenderMyBartenderPosts: 1 February 13, 2011
Glad I checked out the other replies to this topic...I too am quite frustrated and very disappointed in my lead capture rate (which is ZERO) so I'm glad it's not just us. I know that our messaging and sales technique is solid because we generate lots of business from our own website. Once clients engage with us either by phone or email, they are extremely happy with what we have to offer and how we operate.

I will say this, at the beginning of this year we did retool our Eventective messaging/marketing material and at least now we are getting more potential clients looking at our material and website. We're still not getting the captures though so I'm wondering what the heck is going on. We do make phone calls whenever there is a number provided (way too many don't though) and we always follow-up with more emails.

My business partner says he doesn't want to dump anymore money into this site but I'm willing to give it just a bit more since we have a new website about to launch in less than two weeks. I don't think this is the culprit since we get our own leads from there consistantly but who knows.

For anyone else that is following this string, could you fill us in any other lead generating site that has been successful for you. Thanks!
StevenCeeStevenCeePosts: 2 February 14, 2011
My main problem is a lack of information in the requests. The forms clients fill out should certainly say more than "live music"! Most musicians specialize in certain genres of music, and band size. There's no point in sending a large dance band a request, when the client only wants a solo flute player! Just saying they want "live music", especially if no budget is listed, thus leaving no clue whatsoever as to what kind of music they're seeking, only wastes our time & money.

It would not take much to have the form require they specify, at least somewhat, what kind of music, rather than send it to every live band in a city (as it looks like they're just trying to get more to respond)
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 310 February 14, 2011
Thank you for your comments.

Eventective receives over 1.2 million visitors to our site each month. Leads that are generated from these visitors are genuine and entered by the brides, party planners and meeting coordinators using our site to plan their events. We have limited control over the nature of the person completing a request, how serious they are and how responsive they may be. You can learn more about Eventective here.

Internet lead purchases can be a numbers game, but Eventective does take some of the risk out of it with our refund policy. Our Golden Rules of Lead Buying offers tips for working with leads.

Many of our clients have successfully leveraged Eventective leads to increase their event business. You can read feedback from clients and view an education series one of our clients created with suggestions for developing and managing leads.

We can also offer you several tips for setting lead filters, reviewing leads for the best fit and suggesting a process for responding to leads to maximize success. Please do not hesitate email us at cs@eventective.com with any questions.
FoamsharkDJServicesFoamsharkDJServicesPosts: 2 February 20, 2011
Beginning to be quite frustrated myself. You purchase these leads, they provide for the most of them an email, you take the time to send them an email to offer your services, and out of my last 14 leads I have purchased, only TWO have read their freakin' emails!
Sure you can get a refund which is nice, but it is just site credit to put towards another lead which more than likely will bring the same outcome!

Has anyone actually landed any business off of here for any service? Starting to wonder....
BrevardMinisterBrevardMinisterPosts: 157 February 20, 2011
FoamsharkDJServices wrote:
Has anyone actually landed any business off of hear for any service? Starting to wonder....

I have booked two weddings from leads purchased at Eventective over the last few years. For the most part, however, most brides here don't bother to read my email or check out my website either. In a couple of frustrating incidents, I've had a few indicate they weren't interested in my services in about half a nano-second after me sending my introductory email so they couldn't possibly have had any time to actually look at what I've said or what I can offer. In all this time I think I've only asked for one refund though. My fault as I just don't have the time for that type of follow up right now. And as you indicated, it's just credit for the next frustrating lead.

Good luck!
Rev. Ann Fuller
Photojoe101Photojoe101Posts: 1 August 19, 2011
I have used Eventective for two years... and have not booked one wedding. Not one e-mail answered... Not worth the money... digital photography has taken business away from wedding photographers... and the economy has helped.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 310 August 19, 2011
In addition to the tips offered in previous posts about responding to leads, there are some things you can do to your listings to make them more attractive to brides, party planners and meeting coordinators who are using Eventective to evaluate venues and vendors.

Make sure your business description engages planners and sells your event spaces and services. You have 4,000 characters to describe your services so use them!

Upload multiple photos to your listing.

Ask customers and event businesses you have worked with to write recommendations on your listing. This helps build your credibility with planners and is a great marketing tool for your business.

Use the Book Now feature to create event and meeting packages on your listing. This service is completely free during our introductory period and gives you the opportunity to market packages for different event types, time periods and price points.

Listings with all of these elements will rank higher in search results so more planners will see them. If you have questions or need help creating packages, please contact us at cs@eventective.com.
djpau312956djpau312956Posts: 13 Montclair,Ca February 21, 2014
Celia267624 wrote:
I personally don't think that the inquiries from here are qualified enough. I'm an officiant, and most of my leads are below by budget, but even when they are in my budget, I rarely get a response. Just my experience.

Everyone is looking for a deal today, it's not like it was 10 years ago running a small business when people would pay more for service, but I find eventective a useful tool to get work from serious clients.. People who use craigslist for services are just as lost as the people posting their business..
grinn901267grinn901267Posts: 2 April 22, 2014
Man I wish I had read these posts before purchasing a block of leads. Not only do I not get a response, but the client doesn't even look at the inquiry. Not sure why I am spending this money when my website brings in 10 times more inquiries for my business. I also can't get a refund unless I purchase a membership so doesn't that just negate the refund then? I think I will look into some of the other lead websites that are discussed on here. Thanks for nothing Eventective.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 310 South Portland, ME April 22, 2014
Hi Paul -

I have gone ahead and given you a 6 month Basic Subscription so you can try it out. With the Basic Subscription, you can refund leads that are non-responsive and get a 20% discount on leads. In your case, it would only cost $7 per month, so you can see it makes plenty of financial sense if you are purchasing any volume of leads at all.

You can certainly call us anytime at 207-253-1653 and we can make sure we are doing everything we can to insure you are having a good experience with our site.

This Education Series is a great resource to help you with working leads in general, not just from our site.

Thanks!
Steve
CCWP2014CCWP2014Posts: 1 April 22, 2014
I also wish I had read this forum before I signed up. I put a bunch of credits in so I could buy leads and so far only 2 have bothered to read my email.
I had one who had been a referral and she has not even read my email either so as of now, this has been a waste of money.
I am also paying for the events ad clicks but I think I will go ahead and cancel that seeing as it does not seem to matter whether I advertise or not.
Also, I was looking for an email to contact customer service which I could not find anywhere on the main site so I'm glad that I found it on one of the threads here.
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 310 South Portland, ME April 22, 2014
Hi Severine -

We would be happy to refund the $22.50 you have spent on leads. Our experience is that people need to buy more than 5 to get a feel for the system, and being in one of our Subscription Programs gives you the 20% discount and the ability to refund unresponsive leads, allowing you to follow up with more people planning events. For a venue like yours, that is only $13.00 per month.

Additionally, it is very important that you use more than one form of contact in order to get in touch with a potential customer. We recommend using Eventective to submit an initial reply, then use your own email to provide details about how you could make their event a success, and follow up with a phone call. Expecting the entire sales process to boil down to a single email to a potential customer is just not realistic.

We'd be happy to chat with you about your listing and how your experience can be optimized at any time.

Our phone number is 207-253-1653. You can reach us at cs@eventective.com or sales@eventective.com or info@eventective.com, or contact us on our contact us page.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We very much appreciate it.

Steve

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: