Confused Messages in this topic - RSS

Confused Messages in this topic - RSS

lawny617559
lawny617559
Help! i need help with idea's for center pieces for my reception my colors are black,pink, & white. I love candles but can't come up with anything, please help!

Guest February 2, 2011
there are lots of cool things you can do with balloons or balloon sculptures for centerpieces
CaseyDAnge09
CaseyDAnge09
you could get the candles that are really light but look like real candles and put them in the middle of a bunch of roses. Its really quite beautiful.

Guest February 2, 2011
Ikea has a bunch of super-cheap options that the guests can then take with them. Live plants/flowers can be picked up from Home Depot or a drugstore for about a buck each and the glass dishes from Ikea are about a dollar, too. Good luck!
UniqueInvite
UniqueInvite
There are these awesome water balls in bright colors that swell in water. I've seen these in vases and they looked great and sometimes even have fish swimming in them. I was very impressed.

Deborah Carasso
Unique Invitations
www.invitationsbydeborah.com
BrevardMinister
BrevardMinister
Here is something really easy that can be put together cost-effectively. For the base, all you need are clear glass dinner plates. On alternating tables, put a pink, black or white tall pillar candle in the center of the dinner plate. Around the base of the candle sprinkle a mix of pink, black and white glass pebbles. Something like this http://www.megaglass.com/c/glass-flats-decor-stones.html or http://www.save-on-crafts.com/vasgemmarsto.html It is inexpensive and chic-elegant in it's simplicity.

You can do a little bit more with that if you put hurricane globes around the pillars and fill some of the hurricane globe with a pearly stone and then sprinkle the colored stones on the plate around the outside of the hurricane globe.

Do a Google Image search for wedding centerpieces and you'll find lots of inspiration.

Good luck!
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
JoyfulPromisesOfficiants
Hobby Lobby and Michaels both carry glass blocks. You can put an LED votive "candle" inside and surround with colored glass pebbles for a pretty glow. Place the glass block on a doily and sprinkle a few loose glass beads around it to finish the look.

Both Hobby Lobby and Michaels have books with lots of additional ideas, and the stores themselves are full of inspiration.

Enjoy the adventure!

Marti Barton
http://www.joyfulpromises.com
MAGEvents
MAGEvents
The bubbles some one mentioned below have always been a great hit! You can get them pre-dyed or there are kinds you can dye yourself with food coloring. Two packets of the water "bubbles" are enough to make several buckets of bubbles. Just be sure not to dispose of them down any sink or plumbing - bad news. You can pull the black in with linens and accent the table with pink and white napkins. Very elegant!

Guest February 4, 2011
go to etsy.com and do a search..... the site is for artist and crafts people..... hth
BeyFavors
BeyFavors
Candles are a perfect centerpiece and great way to keep costs down. In addition, you can spread out the purchase of candles throughout the planning process which helps you get some great deals. Remember that the centerpieces do not have to match and the candles don't either. You can be creative. I have an image gallery on my blog http://www.weddingcandledecor.com as well as DIY wedding candle decor ideas that may be what you are looking for. Good luck!

Bey Favor & Candle Company
http://www.beyfavorandgiftcompany.com
lisad629675
lisad629675
BrevardMinister wrote:
Here is something really easy that can be put together cost-effectively. For the base, all you need are clear glass dinner plates. On alternating tables, put a pink, black or white tall pillar candle in the center of the dinner plate. Around the base of the candle sprinkle a mix of pink, black and white glass pebbles. Something like this http://www.megaglass.com/c/glass-flats-decor-stones.html or http://www.save-on-crafts.com/vasgemmarsto.html It is inexpensive and chic-elegant in it's simplicity.

You can do a little bit more with that if you put hurricane globes around the pillars and fill some of the hurricane globe with a pearly stone and then sprinkle the colored stones on the plate around the outside of the hurricane globe.

Do a Google Image search for wedding centerpieces and you'll find lots of inspiration.

Good luck!
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
lisad629675
lisad629675
I am looking for wedding officiants in Edmonton
Please contact me lisadibble@shaw.ca
lisad629675
lisad629675
I am looking for wedding businesses, beauty, and gifts to contact me. Please contact lisadibble@shaw.ca
surpr629747
surpr629747
find small mirrors, square, round etc. place your taper candle in small glass bowl and use glass pebbles or marbles to hold the candle up then wrap tinsle, flowers, sparkles, etc around the glass bowl. Once the candle is lit it will reflect in the mirror base giving a gorgeous inexpensive glow.
chris629937
chris629937
Do you like flowers,mirrors,or lights? Are you wanting silk flowers, versus real flowers? Do you want the centerpieces to coordinate around a theme? You can nail down a lot of different ideas if you consider some of these elements. Once you've done that then you will need to know where to find the items to either create them or have them custom made. Let me know if this helped or If I can help any further good luck!

Guest February 18, 2011
Thinking about your post some more and came up with these thoughts maybe this will help give you a jump start. Black,Pink and White colors are color that can work with themes or decorum such as art deco, Asian (depending on the shade of pink) the centerpieces should flow with the whole ambiance of the wedding itself. Is your wedding going to be formal or informal? what shade of white are you going with? You can do a tall clear vase with those marbles in water with orchids or something of that nature.What type of styles do you like? Damask, Colonial, what nationality are you or your fiancee, you could go with some traditional pieces. I know it's alot to consider but once you get past this part the rest will come easy.

Guest February 19, 2011
Excellent blog.Thanks to share with us........

www.clippingimages.com
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
lawnyettemotley wrote:
Help! i need help with idea's for center pieces for my reception my colors are black,pink, & white. I love candles but can't come up with anything, please help!

Buy some inexpensive black lamps from a discount store take out the cords. Take them to your florist who will attach real flowers and ribbon to the lampshade in your colors. They can use cheaper flowers like miniature carnations because since your centerpiece is so unusual, it will still look great. Surround the lamps with tea lights of pink, black and white for a nice glow and get some glass beads in the same color to match and sprinkle them around the table as well. Do a search for glass colored beads on orientaltrading.com. If your venue supplies white napkins, you can also order napkin rings in pink and black from the same website. Just do searches. I'm sure you will find something you like.

Hope this helps!

Lise'

www.mybelovedwedandart.com

Good luck!

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: