Need help w/wedding reception in Indianapolis :( Messages in this topic - RSS

Need help w/wedding reception in Indianapolis :( Messages in this topic - RSS

Heysk575398Heysk575398Posts: 1 Indianapolis, IN December 9, 2010
It seems like its Impossible to find an affordable site to have my reception here in Indy upset Every place that I have found, requires that you use their expensive catering services. We were wanting to just rent a space, and then provide all the amenities our self.
Guest December 9, 2010
I would suggest you look at the park venues. May state parks offer great lodging spaces for rent! You may be surprised at what you come up with! smile Michele
JoyfulPromisesOfficiantsJoyfulPromisesOfficiantsPosts: 82 December 9, 2010
Contact your local Elks, VFW, Moose, or other service organizations -- many will rent out their halls for events. You may find a housing development or apartment complex that has a community room they will rent out. Contact the local Chamber of Commerce (especially in the suburbs around Indy) -- they will know where there might be facilities available, too. Museums will often rent out their space after hours, as well, or your township may have a community or senior center that rents space (ours does). Private homes/mansions are good locations that allow you to bring in your own caterer, too.

Best wishes, and good luck with the hunt!

Marti Barton, Officiant
Joyful Promises
www.joyfulpromises.com
SCEventhouseSCEventhousePosts: 10 December 9, 2010
Heyskippie, I understand your frustrations, searching for the right venue is very time consuming and can be disappointing when you can't find your perfect spot that's actually affordable. Anymore most places either have their own catering or a list of approved caterers. Finding a venue that will allow outside food is rather difficult, not impossible, but difficult. Checking with the parks department is a good suggestion. However I’m in Indiana myself so weather is a hit or miss around here! Perhaps some legions may even allow it.

If you cannot find a location that will allow you to bring in your food, there are some tricks to the trade. Do you have a date set? Some venues will be more willing to negotiate their food pricing if you get married on a day that’s not Saturday or if you marry outside of wedding season (May-Oct).

You can marry in the morning and have a brunch reception. Or if you would prefer afternoon an hors d’oeurve reception will save on costs as well. If you have your heart set on full meal, ask your venue what options they have available in a price range that you’re comfortable with.

I could go on and on! If you would like to talk more, I’m only about 2 hrs north of you. My email is casie@sceventhouse.com. I would be happy to offer any advice that I can. If you would like we can talk about your budget and if you have to squeeze in a catering bill, I can help you find other areas that you can make cuts without sacrificing the beauty of your wedding. Send me an email and I’ll be more than happy to call you, that way you don’t have to pay the long distance.

Warmest regards,

Casie
SC EventHouse
www.sceventhouse.com
Fan us on Facebook!
bporf593841bporf593841Posts: 1 January 10, 2011
Do you have a photographer yet? smile
Check out www.porfidiophotography.com
let me know what you think. I can work with you on packages and pricing smile
renol983300renol983300Posts: 2 January 28, 2013
I have affordable NICE space you can use in Beech Grove, Indiana AND you can do it yourself! Give us at call at 317-759-3387 or 317-75-WEDUS

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: