Small Wedding place Needed in NJ Messages in this topic - RSS

Small Wedding place Needed in NJ Messages in this topic - RSS

nov031164686nov031164686Posts: 1 Sussex, NJ May 23, 2014
We are a same sex couple who just celebrated 15 years together. We had a civil union in 2008 with all our family. The big Italian, formal church wedding with 100 people. So this time, we would like to have a small, intimate wedding, ceremony and reception for probably 20 -30 people on Saturday July 26, 2014. We live in northwest, NJ and would like a place there or a place on the beach in either Monmouth or Ocean County. I would love for the ceremony and reception place all together. A place where they handle the food,linens, cake and where we can have an open bar and a DJ. A super plus would be a place that can handle decorations (colors of our choosing) and if they have an officiant or can recommend one. The problem is not the budget but finding a place that will allow a very small wedding and can handle the short notice. I had my eye on the Lafayette House but their smaller rooms do not allow for a DJ and they are not quick at getting back to me. I contacted a place called Matisse, Ocean Palace and I think one other. I would love a beach ceremony with indoor reception or a place in Sussex County. And of course it would have to be same sex friendly and have good food! To us this is more of a vow renewal even though we are doing it for legal reasons. We have 5 children who will be in our wedding. My spouse has survived 3 cancers in the last 4 years, I was diagnosed with lifelong health condition and our one daughter has a physical disability. So after all we have been through we wanted to make it like a vow renewal instead of justice of the peace. I came up with the theme "I still do" because after all we have been through we would do it all over again. So any ideas on how to make that a theme would be great too!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice,
Melissa

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: