30th Birthday Party HELP~~ Messages in this topic - RSS

30th Birthday Party HELP~~ Messages in this topic - RSS

Reg10Reg10Posts: 4 November 10, 2010
My usband, bless his heart, is trying to plan my 30th birthday. Its on the 4th of December and invitations are not out and the place is not set! HELP!!!
I need ideas for places to host the party.
We would like Dinner, Drinks, Dancing, Cake and an all around good time. I would like to have it anywhere between Tacoma and Seattle WA and the budget is around $350 plus guests can pay for own dinner and drinks...
Sandr489071Sandr489071Posts: 22 November 11, 2010
Reg10 wrote:
My usband, bless his heart, is trying to plan my 30th birthday. Its on the 4th of December and invitations are not out and the place is not set! HELP!!!
I need ideas for places to host the party.
We would like Dinner, Drinks, Dancing, Cake and an all around good time. I would like to have it anywhere between Tacoma and Seattle WA and the budget is around $350 plus guests can pay for own dinner and drinks...

Hi Reg 10,
It is super sweet of your husband to throw you a party, and it can be stressful.
With a budget of $350 you can do alot if the party is at someones home. That way no money has to be spent on the venue. If you are looking for a location, your best bet would be a place like your local lodge, civic center, or you can even ask a school if they will rent you out their gym.

You can purchase invitations that come in packages at your local store (michaels, CVS, etc.) You can find some really nice ones. You can also make your own with the greeting card or postcard paper sold at walmart, or your local office store. Michaels sells packs of blank invitations.

For the cake, you can order it through the supermarket and let them know exactly how you want it. If you are looking for something more extravagant then go to your local cake shop, hopefully they can give you a deal.

Hope this helps.
Sandra
www.yourweddinggirl.com
http://www.yourweddinggirl.cceasy.com/index.cfm
Guest November 11, 2010
Hi Reg 10,

$350.00 is a resonable budget.
1. Invitations: If most of your guest have email you can create a Internet based invitation through evite. *I recommed sending everyone a quick email (prior to sending out the evite) to let them know that your birthday inviatation will be coming to their email and to be on the lookout in their Spam & Inbox.
OR
You can create a simple word document and attach it to an email and have people RSVP to your husbands email.
*Either way, it's FREE.

2.Venue: I suggest using your home. It's inexpensive, you can make a simple playlist on windows media player or Itunes, buy some liquor or wine, simple finger foods and enjoy your company. If you don't want to have it in your home for some reason or another I recommed going out I looked up a Piano Bar called "88 Keys" in your area and they have packages starting at $25/person with a minimum of $150.00.(http://www.ilove88keys.com/packages.html) I recommed doing something like that as well.
3. Decorations: You can always order from orientaltrading.com for party supplies, or visity Party City.
4. Cake: I recommend using your local grocery store, some Wal-marts sell Carvel ice cream cakes too!

Best Regards,
Danielle
http://designersoriginalevents.webs.com/

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: