326 days til my wedding date & NO PLACE Messages in this topic - RSS

326 days til my wedding date & NO PLACE Messages in this topic - RSS

BlueEyeDreams73BlueEyeDreams73Posts: 15 October 26, 2010
I am haven a hard time finding a place to have our Wedding and reception.
everything is booked for like two year.
if anyone has any Ideas I am WIDE OPEN here.
I have checked it to two places that I am waitting to hear from
Guest October 26, 2010
What location is the Blessed event taking place? And, if you need a planner check out my website @ www.blessedprosperousunions.vpweb.com
Guest October 26, 2010
where are you located? It will be ok, I thought I was doomed and I only had 7 months left!
giggl447934giggl447934Posts: 1 October 26, 2010
Who knows how to contact, email or call eventective??? I am going nuts here trying how to guess how to get a hold of someone to ask how to use the system and about refunds?????
eventectiveeventectiveAdministratorPosts: 311 October 26, 2010
We have answers to many commonly asked questions here, including how to request refunds. Please contact us at info@eventective.com and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Summer3333Summer3333Posts: 1 October 26, 2010
What state and city are you looking in??
BlueEyeDreams73BlueEyeDreams73Posts: 15 October 27, 2010
Bedford, Pa.
7mlang5 wrote:
Bedford, Pa.

upset We have got our Date picked, potographer, dresses and Tux, but still no Venue.

My honey and I have been together for the past 4+ yrs and we have 5 children
3 his 2 min that we have full time. we both were married before but neither one
of us had a wedding before so this will be our first wedding. Our budget is low
With a family of 7. We are running into the problem with everything being Booked.

Thank You,
Frazzled bride to Be.
Melanie wink
savoiasavoiaPosts: 1 October 27, 2010
hAVE YOU TRIED TO LOOK INTO NIAGARA AREA?
THERE ARE LOT OF WINERY AND BANQUET HALLS.
Niagara area is like 5hrs from Bedford, Pa.
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 October 27, 2010
7mlang5 wrote:
7mlang5 wrote:
Bedford, Pa.

upset We have got our Date picked, potographer, dresses and Tux, but still no Venue.

With a family of 7. We are running into the problem with everything being Booked.

Thank You,
Frazzled bride to Be.
Melanie wink

Hi Melanie!

What is the date of your wedding and how many guests are you expecting. Do you need a ceremony site, as well as a reception site? I have a friend from that area and will pick her brain for you.

Sometimes the best places are local religious schools with gymnasiums. They will most likely not allow alcohol, but it is an option. You will also want to check into local VFW locations. Do you have any family members that have alrger pieces of property that you could set up tents and have the reception there?

Feel free to give me a call and we can talk about some options you might have.

Yours truly,

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557
enchantedmemoriesweddingsenchantedmemoriesweddingsPosts: 37 October 27, 2010
LandSEvents wrote:
7mlang5 wrote:
7mlang5 wrote:
Bedford, Pa.

Thank You,
Frazzled bride to Be.
Melanie wink

Hi Melanie!

What is the date of your wedding and how many guests are you expecting. Do you need a ceremony site, as well as a reception site? I have a friend from that area and will pick her brain for you.

Sometimes the best places are local religious schools with gymnasiums. They will most likely not allow alcohol, but it is an option. You will also want to check into local VFW locations. Do you have any family members that have alrger pieces of property that you could set up tents and have the reception there?

Feel free to give me a call and we can talk about some options you might have.

Yours truly,

Kim Schrack
L & S Events
(717) 571-0557

Here are also a few locations that came up when I searched in your area.

Old Bedford Village
The Arena Restaurant and Lounge
Bedford Elks Lodge
Bedford Springs Resort
BlueEyeDreams73BlueEyeDreams73Posts: 15 October 31, 2010
the Bedford Spring is just way to pricey and if you have the wedding there you MUST have the reception there also ....... We have the Moose Lodge for the Reception we are just trying to find a place to have the ceremony for Sept. 17th 2011 and Old Bedford Village is Booked. same with the Elks. Right now I am even looking into maybe Shawnee Lake or even Blue Knob. Thought about Raystown but that is like an hour drive there then an hour drive back to have the reception.
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 November 3, 2010
What about a church? There must be a church in the area? What about the town of Everett? They have historic buildings there and you may be able to use the property land for a ceremony. See

http://www.livingplaces.com/PA/Bedford_County/Everett_Borough/Everett_Historic_District.html
chica555998chica555998Posts: 1 November 3, 2010
Summer3333 wrote:
What state and city are you looking in??

HI I LIVE IN KANSAS CITY MO. AND I HAVE NO PLACE TO HAVE MY RECIEPTION I CAN SPEND TO MUCH MONEY ON A HALL I ONLY HAVR 350 AND I NEED A SPACE FOR ABOUT 250 PEOPLE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME

BRIDE TO BE:
BRITNEY
BlueEyeDreams73BlueEyeDreams73Posts: 15 November 4, 2010
We are going to try to have to wedding at the Shawnee Park just looking to see if anyone would have a farmers Almanac for Sept. 2011 to see what the weather should be like, I am hoping Great weather, the past 4yrs haven't been to bad for Sept. 17th...... Most of the churchs around here if you are not a memeber they don't even want to talk to you also some of them are wanting 6mos. of counseling and if you don't agree to that then forget it. Thanks for the ideas.....

Chicana816( Britney ) check into your Fire Hall maybe your fair ground that have building you would be able to use and depening on the time of year you might want to check out your local state parks...... we are working on a low budget also and we are going to rent a pavilion at our local state park that is like $84 and that is with electricity for our ceremony then we also found the Moose Lodge if you are a memeber it is cheaper, if not a memeber it is worth becoming a memeber to save the money, even try your VFW's., American legion's.

7mlang5
Bride to be
Melanie
Bedford, Pa.
DedeMulliganDedeMulliganPosts: 12 November 4, 2010
I would start with the Bedford Chamber of Commerce, Visitors' Bureau, or downtown Bedford organization. But before you do that, your fiancee and you need to come up with a budget number for how much money you are willing to spend. If it is under $100 for a place, you need to think of a church, community center or park. More than that, you can think about a hotel or conference center. Try to set down and come up with a budget for each item and an overall budget for the event.
Mulligan Management Group, LLC
Guest November 5, 2010
try looking at your local Universities...could be nice and less expencive.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: