Bridesmaid issues Messages in this topic - RSS

Bridesmaid issues Messages in this topic - RSS

bagge514720
bagge514720
So what do you do when your bridesmaid (which is also future sister in law) decided after i bought her her dress that she no longer wants to be in the wedding, well shes under 18 and refuses to give me money for the dress and all my girls already bought their dresses and shes pregnant and I already called and there are no returns. All i want is to to get my money back for it. I cant do anything with a dress that was for her and shes pregnant they had us get a big enough size for her to get altered after she has her baby.

Guest October 11, 2010
dont rock the boat,,,she's too young..not worth the stress...get a friend the same size to b in ur wedding
BrevardMinister
BrevardMinister
Is this your fiance's sister? You might want to let him handle it with his family. I agree with the above though. It might not be worth the aggravation. Do you know someone who can fit the dress (close enough that it could be altered down)? I had to do that with my wedding. One of my bridesmaid's backed out at the last minute. A co-worker a size smaller had the dress cut down and was in the wedding instead.

Good luck!
Rev. Ann Fuller
Melbourne, FL
bagge514720
bagge514720
He has dealt with his family thats what is causing all this. He finally started standing up for him self now that we have a family and she doesnt like it. she actually made him choose between me and our son then her. Then she got pissed. The worst part is all my bridesmaids that could fit in the dress has already bought their dresses already and I dont have a replacement and everyone that could be the replacement is just a little to big. I guess what aggravates me the most is she has never had ANY discipline, so she thinks this is completely ok.
enchantedmemoriesweddings
enchantedmemoriesweddings
baggett_tiffany wrote:
So what do you do when your bridesmaid (which is also future sister in law) decided after i bought her her dress that she no longer wants to be in the wedding, well shes under 18 and refuses to give me money for the dress and all my girls already bought their dresses and shes pregnant and I already called and there are no returns. All i want is to to get my money back for it. I cant do anything with a dress that was for her and shes pregnant they had us get a big enough size for her to get altered after she has her baby.

Don't let yourself get stressed out over this. If your fiance is standing up for himself and choosing his new family when given an ultimatum, then that is all you need to know.

Sell the dress on Ebay or craigslist. Easy ways to get at least some of your money back. If you got if with a discount, make sure you list it at full price so that you are covering your costs and time/aggrivation.

If you need help with the add, just let us know. We will be more than glad to help.

Good luck on your special day!
DesertLightWeddings
DesertLightWeddings
I'm sorry to hear you are going through that. I agree with the others. Not worth the stress. It seems there is always some type of family drama and the important thing is you and your new family. Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist.

Congratulations and I wish you a wonderful married life together!

Robbie
CapicuLove1
CapicuLove1
baggett_tiffany

There seems to be some jealousy with her. I think she's resentful about your wedding and wants all the attention because she is having a baby.

I wouldn't fret about the dress. The important thing is that you have a loving fiance and support from your friends. Smile and even kill her with kindness by offering to help her shop for the baby after she delivers and wish her the best on her pregnancy. You move on and enjoy your process of planning your day. If possible, you may be able to alter the dress and bring it with you on your honeymoon. You will probably need a dressy outfit and this may be just the thing to treat yourself with. Otherwise, selling it on ebay or your local paper is a good solution. Craigslist.com is also another internet venue to explore.

Good luck and be happy. That's your best revenge!

Lise'
My Beloved, Inc.

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: