need help Messages in this topic - RSS

need help Messages in this topic - RSS

Raygi490292
Raygi490292
Hello my name is desiree Im gettin married in october 8,2011 i am so lost right now,,,i a trying to keep my wedding cheap and hopefully under 5,000 but well see i am looking for venues and vendors for my wedding in Philadelphia pa just need help pleaseeee
Kay215745
Kay215745
Congratulation on your engagement Desiree. I wish you and yours years of happiness.Now take a deep breath and relax. You've got time and if used wisely,will be more than enough. State by determining what is most important to you on a scale of one to ten, so that as you begin to see the cost of the various pieces you will already know what you want to spend more money on.I'm in central Virginia and don't know going rates for venues but you should be looking at 500 to 1500 per day. Do they include tables and chairs? Can you decorate yourselves. Do they allow outside caterers?Food costs.Buffet is the least expensive, $15.00 to $25.00 per person. What are the extra charges such as servers,chaffers(I can't see paying that fee but some do charge it),fees for cutting the cake,corkage fee for the champange, etc. Make sure you are dealing with a reputable vendor that will still be in business come your wedding day. Does the D.J. or the photographer have any backup if the become ill? You should check with a few insurance agents about wedding insurance. For about $175 you can be covered for a wide array of possible mishaps. I hope this helps you get started on the right foot. Come back if/when you have more questions. Gene, ToGo's Catering Services.
KM991
KM991
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and I wish you all the best in your new life ahead!

I have to agree with what Gene from ToGo’s Catering Service said, relax and take deep breaths. With that, here are a few more things to think about in addition to what he mentioned.
1. How many people do you plan to invite to the reception? Remember, you can invite more guests to the ceremony and less to your dinner reception, seeing that cost is your concern.
2. Do you have a theme for your wedding? Having a theme will help you focus on venues that will bring your theme wedding alive without having to do too much to the site.
3. Do you have an idea of where you would like to have your wedding? For instances, a banquet hall, hotel ballroom, restaurant, or a club just to name a few. The first example is limited to tables, chairs and sometimes linens, but they will allow you to bring your own decorator, caterer, staff etc; the latter three provides all the amenities mentioned.
4. Make sure your menu consist of foods that are in season; this will bring your food cost down – out of season foods tend to cost more and will cause you to go over budget. Good luck with all!
610-329-7826

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: