Themes?? Messages in this topic - RSS

Themes?? Messages in this topic - RSS

lilAs388763lilAs388763Posts: 3 March 19, 2010
Are themed weddings tacky? We're considering doing a Roaring 20's theme will value taking any opinion on this.
downu392136downu392136Posts: 1 March 23, 2010
i think its awesome and unique
lilAs388763lilAs388763Posts: 3 March 23, 2010
thanx
studi225892studi225892Posts: 1 March 24, 2010
Sounds like fun to me.
weddi139054weddi139054Posts: 9 March 25, 2010
Keep it simple and classic and everyone will remember YOUR Theme Wedding. They are still alive. My last couple had a Peacock Theme Wedding...blues, greens, the dresses were gorgeous and so was the deco with the feather was the added touch throughout the design.
sandistonesandistonePosts: 3 March 29, 2010
Great theme. I think that if your going to do a theme, keep it simple and pick one your not going to regret when you look back through your wedding album years from now. Theme weddings are fun.
eventsnthingseventsnthingsPosts: 2 March 30, 2010
Themes are fun and I recommend them to my clients often. The roaring 20's is a great idea and if its glammed up with a twist of bling it will be unforgettable so go for it.
Guest March 30, 2010
I think it sounds great, I am getting married in September and my fiancee' wants to do a fishing theme. However, not just any fish..it has to be saltwater fish.
RareBeautyRareBeautyPosts: 1 March 30, 2010
I want to do a fairy tale theme wedding? I have not decided yet. I want each of my bridemaids to try on the glass slipper. none of them will fit it of course!!! then I come down the isle and try on the shoe. It fits perfectly and we get married.... any suggestions???
Guest March 30, 2010
Rare Beauty: That sounds like a really sweet idea! Check out your rental places for a vehicle to leave the church in. We're using a Model T Ford. I know I live in a smaller town but we actually have a place that rents a white wrought iron pumpkin shaped carriage. Also maybe fountains, otherwise I dunno maybe watch Cinderella and other princess movies you might find something you never noticed before and want to incorporate into your ceremony.
Guest doing the Saltwater Fish Theme: Again a super cool idea. I actually did a saltwater fish and island theme for my high school graduation party. My dad goofy as he is (trust me) had a large blue tarp laid over the backyard (because we are no where near a body of water in Nebraska) and had a truck load of sand dumped. He found a net at Hobby Lobby strung it over the house surrounded it with tiki torches and affixed shells, dried coral, and other saltwater things to it. It looked extreme with the hammock we set up for gifts instead of a gift table. Go crazy, you're lucky because you can basically do any bright color which is cool. My fiance likes gangsters and camoflouge lol thats how we ended up with the 20's cuz I'm not doing a camo theme. Guess the gangster thing kinda fit with me to cuz I'm a criminal justice major.
ThereverendThereverendPosts: 6 March 31, 2010
I am an Officiant with Your Special Day Wedding Services www.your-specialday.ca and I have performed many Theme Weddings. From the Old West where I was asked to dress up as a Parson (That's a Minister in the Cowboy Days)
A Pirate Wedding,Knights of the Round Table,Life on the Farm Wedding and many more. Themes are fun and allow
your guests and family to step into another world even if it is for just one day. Something they can remember and compare your Wedding to all other "Regular" Weddings and "Hands Down" the most fun.
funan399219funan399219Posts: 1 March 31, 2010
I big day is set for July 10Th 2010, we have both been married before, but with our last go around he had a big wedding and I had the JP and then phoned everyone and said guess what I am married!! lol So the most important things for us is to have our family and friend with us, something small, fun and yet memorable. We both ride Harley's and have decided on a Harley theme! I guess just some ideas from some of you would help! like I said fun, nothing fancy but memorable
shabe406464shabe406464Posts: 6 April 9, 2010
Wow That roaring Theme is fun...be creative i say go to the library and study thatera that is my favorite era of fashion 20's and 30's that is going to be a fun era for the bride especially and possibly just asd much for the groom cause this era was gangster era...al capne, bonnie and clyde,dick tracy days....google is the best search engine in finding what you want just simply type in what you are looking for and search congrats have fun
nekia407145nekia407145Posts: 1 April 10, 2010
my wedding is july 16, 2011 and i have a nautical themed wedding my colors are navy blue and pink
ag_we412973ag_we412973Posts: 3 April 16, 2010
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it,,,i love designing and helping with themes. they are fantastic and unique and they are really all about putting your stamp on the day and making it yours! I would be more than happy to help you in anyway, take a look at my site, i do events all over the U.S and internationally and if there is anything i can do to help, let me know. Aimee Gillum Gillum Event Planners, www.gillumeventplanners1.vpweb.com
ag_we412973ag_we412973Posts: 3 April 16, 2010
Sounds like a very cool idea, if you need any help, please check out my site and let me know if there is anything i can do for you, i do events all over the U.S and internationally and would be more than happy to help you. Aimee Gillum Gillum Event Planners www.gillumeventplanners1.vpweb.com nekia.henderson wrote:
my wedding is july 16, 2011 and i have a nautical themed wedding my colors are navy blue and pink
rewas415236rewas415236Posts: 1 April 19, 2010
no like themes when done right and not cheap i was going to do a roaring twenties theme for my shower but decided against it i love originality and themes look so nice congrats on your wedd by the way!smile
brbrc415566brbrc415566Posts: 1 April 20, 2010
Hi, I was thinking of an very informal country western theme, we are have our wedding outdoors on our land, any ideas?
Guest April 20, 2010
Where are you located? I would be happy to help you, i have lots of great themes for that idea!!! Aimee Gillum Gillum Event Planners www.gillumeventplanners1.vpweb.com
irish425427irish425427Posts: 1 May 2, 2010
Jim and I would love to get married in front of the falls in Ohioplye....
pam407667pam407667Posts: 1 May 3, 2010
I once photographed a wedding that was held in a horse pasture. The horse actually was the ringbearer, with the rings tied to its saddle. The bride wore a simple white cotton long dress, and carried wildflowers that she picked herself that morning. The groom wore brand new cowboy boots (he was very proud of them!), dark jeans, and a comfortable black shirt with a bolo tie, with turquoise. The pictures came out lovely, and for an album, we designed a more casual scrapbook style with a denim cover. Contact me at www.casablancaphotography.com I have great affordable photography packages, starting at just $175 for up to two hours of photography.
Bellaray3Bellaray3Posts: 8 May 4, 2010
Oooo... That would be so Fun!! hey if they're tacky I take the cake.. mine's Alice in Wonderland.. vintage style!
CapicuLove1CapicuLove1Posts: 254 May 4, 2010
No, theme weddings are the biggest trends now. I recently shot a wedding with a "shrek" theme. They did their vows in the park, dressed as glamourous ogres and had horns and green make up to boot. There is something adorable about having a sense of humor about things and enjoying yourself, to be truly yourself. Your theme is quite normal, but I would do the theme for the reception only. Have a nice traditional, simple cermoney with a creme or ivory dress (short or long, it doesn't matter) and then for the reception, dress in costume for the roaring 20's and get lots of party decor and backdrops. Do your linen for the tables in creme, silver and black with touches of hot pink and a small, mixed flower arrangement with a feather. Good luck!
Guest May 4, 2010
Having a Theme is a wonderful idea. I make Kustom Invitations. Please contact me if you would like more information.
trendyshoppetrendyshoppePosts: 1 May 7, 2010
It is your "Special Day", in this day and time, it is not tacky to have unique, unusual and non-traditional weddings! I recently planned a "mad hatter" reception for a person who chose to have an "Alice in Wonderland Theme. Do not know where you are located, if your in the tulsa oklahoma area, we would be honored to assist you with all your planning. Thanks! The Trendy Shoppe
ensig429595ensig429595Posts: 5 May 7, 2010
Having a theme is an awesome idea! I am with En-sight...An Event Planning Firm and having a themes brings in the unique elements of your and your soon-to-be spouse's personalities. If you have any questions...email us at ensight4u@gmail.com or check us out on the web www.en-sight.org.
desha430297desha430297Posts: 1 May 8, 2010
looking to have a party for my new production company and an album release part for my new artist and he will perform live
greatestofdaysgreatestofdaysPosts: 10 May 9, 2010
You might consider dressing up for your engagement picture to be a part of your save the date cards to get people excited about the theme. It's a good time to let them know what you have in mind. If it's a very unusual theme, perhaps you can refer them to a website that shows what your theme is all about and where they can find clothing that is styled after that era. My company is called Greatest of Days and I'm speaking from an event planner's perspective and just barely touching on this subject. I think that you truly will have one of your greatest of days. Also check out some costume rental places or places that rent out things for theatrical performances.
mrsca439615mrsca439615Posts: 3 May 20, 2010
We are also doing a 20s/30s themed speakeasy wedding...i have tons of ideas...our is april 2011...when is yours...contact me...we could exchange things we wont use again and both save money! i m @aol.com
ms_ap441510ms_ap441510Posts: 1 May 24, 2010
My mother is turning 50, and need some help with themes. Please help me out with any ideas you may have.
SJbra441490SJbra441490Posts: 1 May 24, 2010
We are doing a Halloween-themed wedding and allowing everyone to dress in costumes ( well except for the bridesmaids and groomsman ).
imtwe444419imtwe444419Posts: 4 May 27, 2010
Yours sounds like it will be a blast! My daughter is having a Celtic/Wiccan Handfasting ceremony in San Diego. It's much harder to find items for (invitations, officiants). Themes are great as long as they don't require very specific things.
tzniu444562tzniu444562Posts: 1 May 27, 2010
Roaring 20's theme wedding is a great idea, just keep it classy and not tacky.
shell301598shell301598Posts: 1 May 28, 2010
I'm a wedding planner, designer, coordinator and I love doing themed weddings. I think there is so much that you can do with themes and a "roaring 20's" is great! Good luck and have fun.
klaou445680klaou445680Posts: 1 May 30, 2010
Not a lot of people even attempt them...I say go for it. It shows the ability to have fun and now days with all that the world is going thru, why not? I think it is great to see and tons of fun...live it up!!!
esmit447273esmit447273Posts: 2 June 2, 2010
I think themed weddings are so much fun as long as its not tacky and way over the top. I am thinking about doing a "Carnavale" themed wedding..any ideas?
hocke447334hocke447334Posts: 9 June 2, 2010
I am all about themes actually. I think it makes it a little different and most definitely unique and more memorable, =).
jeale449569jeale449569Posts: 3 June 5, 2010
weddingsbysonia wrote:
Keep it simple and classic and everyone will remember YOUR Theme Wedding. They are still alive. My last couple had a Peacock Theme Wedding...blues, greens, the dresses were gorgeous and so was the deco with the feather was the added touch throughout the design.
Do you have pictures? weddingsbysonia wrote:
Do you have pictures?
Guest June 5, 2010
I am an event planner / coordinator and themes are great. A theme really lets your unique style come out and can be lots of fun for the guest.
sbarn443751sbarn443751Posts: 190 June 9, 2010
Wedding themes are great! We are doing a beach theme wedding. It helps out with the dress ideas and the favors. Besides, it is the bride and grooms decision! Who cares what others say about your themed wedding. That is pretting cool.
perfe454181perfe454181Posts: 2 June 11, 2010
I'm an wedding and event planner in Pittsburgh, PA. Wedding themes are always great because it can really reflect the bride & groom's personality and also give you the opportunity to kick it up a few notches. For example, maybe you want to recreate where you and your fiance got engaged. It could be neat, let's say, if you got engaged in Paris....have an American in Paris theme or maybe you're in love with the tropics but live no where near the tropics....what a way to take you and your guests to paradise by following a theme like that! The bottom line....it's YOUR day and one you'll remember forever. You do what is right for you!
shann454740shann454740Posts: 3 June 12, 2010
Roaring 20's! That's our specialty!! Work with Swing Time! to create an incredible choreographed Charleston Dance. Or have our dancers perform at your wedding with a Live Swing Band, or our DJ who has all the best songs from that era. Let us help you with Classy Elegant decor from the 20's to make your wedding perfect and not tacky at all!!! Write me at shannon@swingtime.info I would love to help you put this together! smile
j.ben456151j.ben456151Posts: 1 June 14, 2010
Help my wedding is Oct 2nd. Its country, western theme, good ole bar-b-q, inside historical round barn. Groom is wearing jeans, boots, hat, white shirt, black vest. Both of us are over 40, so age appropriate needs to be considered as well. I am having an issue on what the bride should wear. Any ideals are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
shann454740shann454740Posts: 3 June 15, 2010
Maybe look at some old western movies where theres a wedding! I def think you should stick with the simple white dress but with a full skirt and maybe some flowers in your hair. It will add color. This picture might give you an idea http://favoride-sitepics.favorideas.com/rustic-wedding-mon1l.jpg
info253563info253563Posts: 1 June 16, 2010
Themed weddings are becoming extremely popular. Think outside the box and give your guests something to remember!
esmit447273esmit447273Posts: 2 June 16, 2010
Any ideas for a Carnavale/Mardi Gras themed wedding?
Guest June 23, 2010
I found a site called The Camera Depot and they have all kinds of themes in wedding cameras and personalized wedding favors- adorable stuff! I just bought a white satin guest book for $12 and free shipping.
Guest June 23, 2010
I am having a Mickey/Minnie Wedding, and we are making all my favors and having soooo much fun with ideas - its so much fun.
I have loved this planning so much, I want to
become A WEDDING PLANNER, how do I find someone
to teach me ???????? I see you can go on line and take classes, but I would rather intern
with someone. I live in the city of Orange, CA
soontobeingland@aol.com
would lovvvvvvvveeeeee some feedback

thanks a bunch, Debbie

Move Thread

Merge Thread

Enter the topic ID: