The Chinese Tea House was built on the seaside cliffs where Mrs. Vanderbilt hosted rallies for women's right to vote. She sold the house to Frederick H. Prince in 1932. The Preservation Society acquired the house in 1963 from the Prince estate.
Photos published with permission of Newport Mansions
The Chinese Tea House is a Chinese-style pavilion which was built in 1914. The grounds around the Tea House are landscaped, and this event venue also provides a view of the ocean and Newport' s famous Cliff Walk. This facility works well for small events, accommodating up to 50 people for dinner (without dancing) or up to 75 for a reception.
Supported Layouts and Capacities
Banquet - 8 per
Capacity: 50 People
Capacity: 75 People