The Icehouse, known historically as Constable Ice Storage, is located in the historic original townsite of the city of Phoenix, Arizona. It began operations in 1910 as an icehouse, manufacturing 300lb ice blocks for use in the food industry, primarily to keep produce cold as it was shipped by railroad to Eastern U.S. cities. Prior to its current arts use, the building was used by the police as storage for crime evidence. in 1990, Helen Hestenes and David Therrien began transforming the Icehouse into a center for the exhibition and exploration of new art forms, with emphasis on large scale works, installation, experimentation and community education.
Photos published with permission of
|Max Number of People for an Event: 300|